• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Ideal friend for an INFJ

Lightyear

You guys are like unicorns.:blush:

Awww thank you! :)

unicorn.jpg

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
ENFJs. Most of you INFJs are spectacular people. :D

I've been wanting to meet an ENFJ my age because I think I would get along well with one. My older cousin and my dad are both ENFJs and they are great.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well you american INFJs are somewhat strange but not that strange at all.

You keep talking about for example "my NT friends are...", while I myself couldnt even in the most distant way label my friends as anything.

I think you american INFJs are the most receptive to stereotyped thinking and I am conviced that you have to work on it. A great deal

Before even considering to have a german entp friend

"Strange but not that strange at all" huh..You take a jab at American INFJs and then retract your statement?--the pain left with the wounded?

By saying you couldn't label your friends..you are in effect saying no American INFJs are your friends, because you ARE labeling them. Which, knowing INFJs, is clearly not true..Just by process of elimination.

What stereotype thinking needs to be worked on in your perception?

"..Before even considering to have a German ENTP friend"? What is this some sort of ego-self inflation?

You are acting like an unhealthy ENTP. What happened?

By the way, my family is German and I am an ENTP. And, I have lots of American INFJ friends. That goes two ways. Friends.

'American' is capitalized.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think all of you INFJ's should be MY soul mate friends! I decree it! :D

Plus, I'm pretty darn snuggly.

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
ENFJ, ENFP, INFP...

I can get along with most types...But the willingness to care is really important, and not everyone is good at that.

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
So the answers are all over the place but one thing I've noticed is that there no ST's mentioned.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So the answers are all over the place but one thing I've noticed is that there no ST's mentioned.

One of the most common friendships for INFJs I've noticed is with ISTPs. People are just being idealistic.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I :wubbie: ISTP's. I get along with them very very well :) I don't know any other ST's so I can't comment on them.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
There are a lot of theories on romantic matches between types (INFJ goes well with ENTP and ENFP, etc.), but as far as I know, there aren't that many theories on what goes well together in friendships. As far as friends go, it seems like a lot of people just say that you can be friends with anyone and blah blah. Well, lets say you HAD to generalize to specific types being friends. I want some theories on what types are best with other types for friends, specifically INFJs since that is what I am.
I have always had a good amount of close friends, and while I love them and have fun with them, I don't feel a really deep soul matey type bond with any of them. The closest I have come to that would probably be my ISFP friend, but even with her I don't feel like we completely understand one another.
INFJs, do you have a specific friend who you feel like you have a really deep bond with? Do you think your types play into that bond, and if so, how?

I feel I have the best time usually when I am out with either my ENFP friend who keeps me laughing all day. Or my cousin who is an ENTJ who engages me intellectually and how he handles things like an executive.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
One of the most common friendships for INFJs I've noticed is with ISTPs. People are just being idealistic.

Makes sense I have a good friend who is an ISTP and she and I arrive usually at the same conclusions. We use the same coginitive functions mostly but in a differnt order. I come in heavily from Ni and my intuition and she comes in from a more Sensor technical logical point of view and we work backwards towards each other. I eventually go to Sensing and she eventually comes to intuition. So its pretty cool.

workaholicsanon

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have noticed so far having warm/easy platonic friendships with INFJs, INTJs, and ENFJs. Platonic is the key word though, even with members of the opposite sex.

Romantic feelings have occurred with a couple ENTPs (one of which I know was mutual--in the 6th grade, but never went anywhere), an ISTJ (don't think was mutual), and ESTP (going on right now--i think may be mutual but not sure). Trying to be friends with men of these types is treading on dangerous territory because the feelings can cross into the nonplatonic realm for me.

ESTJ and ENTJ are types I dont enjoy being around, and try to avoid. ENTJ will at least try to understand me. ESTJ doesn't understand me at all and doesn't try to.

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have noticed so far having warm/easy platonic friendships with INFJs, INTJs, and ENFJs. Platonic is the key word though, even with members of the opposite sex.

Romantic feelings have occurred with a couple ENTPs (one of which I know was mutual--in the 6th grade, but never went anywhere), an ISTJ (don't think was mutual), and ESTP (going on right now--i think may be mutual but not sure). Trying to be friends with men of these types is treading on dangerous territory because the feelings can cross into the nonplatonic realm for me.

ESTJ and ENTJ are types I dont enjoy being around, and try to avoid. ENTJ will at least try to understand me. ESTJ doesn't understand me at all and doesn't try to.

Yeah, ENTJs often rub me the wrong way but I've found that if I really get to know them, they end up being some of the greatest people. It's just that initial reaction/getting to know each other phase that is rough (for me at least). Also, I think sometimes I am a bit intimidated by them...

ESTJs remind me of my mom so of course I like them. Don't have any as friends though and I don't think it would work out too well either.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
My best friend is INFJ, and she admitted to me I'm the closest friend she's got. :blush: Closest male friend for her would be ENFP. The three of us together are unstoppable. :D

harmonyizmine

I've always had great connections with INTJ's :) All of my really close friends have been INTJ's...whenever I move...I seem to find them, stalk them, and make them be my friend. :D

haha no really, I there is something about the cosmic intellectual conversations we have. Also, they are really good at pulling my head out of the clouds.

I have also been friends with a couple ENFPs.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Really? Huh. While I could totally see a friendship with them in theory (I find the ones on this board pretty interesting), I've simply never crossed paths with an ISTP in real life (beyond maybe knowing their name, or something). Whether it's different interests, or something else, I've simply never had any in my circle of friends/acquaintances.