• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] In praise of INFP's

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
gee- I wish someone would start a thread praising ispts now!

An INFP that's been hurt in the past would'nt accept praise though if it would help!

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Nice thread, substitute.

*strolls around the thread with guilty pleasure*

Of course, you realize that every INFP who has read your praise is probably doubting their INFPness due to the fact that they aren't sufficiently gracious and humble in victory nor generous in defeat.

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I just want to start a thread in praise of INFP's because it's just hit me again today (as it never ceases to do) how much they kick ass.

They're like the best of both worlds - they're introverts who are fun, adventurous, spontaneous and enthusiastic about people, and feelers who understand needing space and not smothering people. They're gracious and humble in victory and generous in defeat. They're relaxed and laid-back P's who also know how to step up their act so as not to disappoint others or fail them. They're sensitive and gentle leaders and reliable, hard working followers. They're just as smart as INTP's but less work because they have better social skills! (sorry INTP's, but you know it's true... lol) They totally rock!

:banana2:

So let's hear it for INFP's, and feel free to chime in with your own words of praise.

Based on the 3 INFPs I know, they are:

1. Quiet, hate drawing attention to themselves, despise exhibitionism and would never post their photos on the internet

2. Hard-working, very INTUITIVE, love all different personality types and doesn't despise any particular type and instead look for commonalities instead of differences--being that they are HARMONIZER-CLARIFIERS.

3. Drawn towards helping people- especially psychology, where they want to make a difference and like exploring emotions to great depths and want feedback just as much about their relationships

4. In a group of people, an INFP is usually the right-hand man or the best girlfriend and prefer being out of the spotlight

5. They usually can see the positive aspects in everybody, including the people they don't like

6. Prefer to spend time to themselves unless with other INFPs/INFJs.

7. Usually prefer a mate whom they can help/ fix emotionally.

8. In a mate, they're drawn towards significant others who are good at business and getting things done, being that they have a lack of practical skills, and acting in the moment generally.

9. Very careful about family planning and choose their mates carefully and would never do anything rash without thinking a great deal ahead of time (especially when it comes to having children, where to send them to school etc).

10. Musically inclined.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Most INFP's I've known are very cool people. I feel like we inspire each other, but in different ways. :cool: I want to give a big "thank you" to all INFP's who share a part of their dreamy world with the rest of us. Those dreams make the world a place that we all yearn to live in. :)

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
YOU'RE AN INFP?!

Shocking. No offense, but you don't seem to fit the type according to what's been said on the thread.

well then clearly you don't know me.
and i am sort of offended that someone who has never spoken to me and doesn't know anything about me is telling me that i don't fit MY personality type.

i'm trying not to get annoyed and hold a grudge against you however. I know you probably mean well.

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
well then clearly you don't know me.
and i am sort of offended that someone who has never spoken to me and doesn't know anything about me is telling me that i don't fit MY personality type.

i'm trying not to get annoyed and hold a grudge against you however. I know you probably mean well.

That must be your Fe coming out in hordes. ;) I'll be no less offended when you make snap judgments about SJs either without knowing any of us.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
whenever I read a thread like this or about INFPs or anything, I question my type. Even though when reading the description it fits and if I read other descriptions I see bits of myself in them, but not as much as an INFP. Maybe I just really want to be on INFP but I'm not.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
whenever I read a thread like this or about INFPs or anything, I question my type. Even though when reading the description it fits and if I read other descriptions I see bits of myself in them, but not as much as an INFP. Maybe I just really want to be on INFP but I'm not.

All of which proves that you are :D

See this:

Of course, you realize that every INFP who has read your praise is probably doubting their INFPness due to the fact that they aren't sufficiently gracious and humble in victory nor generous in defeat.

But FWIW, I relate - whenever I read the bad stuff people say about ENTP's I question my type.
I only wish I was that bad ;)

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP

The true mark of the INFP.

But if you read the profile and aspire to be like that, then you must be an INFP. No other type would find the prospect appealing. ;)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Oh, I should have caught that. despite not being able to hear your inflection, because my psychic powers happen to be in the shop getting repaired.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ugh, we're synchronising. Or ah, unsynchronising. Crossing-over. Whatever.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Or I can't use a computer.

Of course - why should you? The world would be a poorer place if INFP's were spending all their time learning how to speak the sterile, cold language of technology instead of walking up the side of the mountain, and down the other side, and swimming in rivers and lying in the sun and trying to be nice to everyone :D

Heh, am I pushing it yet? :alttongue:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Of course - why should you? The world would be a poorer place if INFP's were spending all their time learning how to speak the sterile, cold language of technology instead of walking up the side of the mountain, and down the other side, and swimming in rivers and lying in the sun and trying to be nice to everyone :D

Heh, am I pushing it yet? :alttongue:

Well I do want to climb a mountain, and I like swimming, and lying in the sun. I've never gotten in trouble for being nice to someone. ;)