• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] In praise of INFP's

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Aw. :wubbie: I mean, this thread is like a sunny day in the middle of the rainy season. Or a big hug after traveling alone in the desert for days. Or just awesomeness placed in posting form.

Thanks a bundle, you made this INFP's day. :hug:

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I dunno, I think I would prefer water myself. :whistling:

...:laugh:

Oh, silly, INFPs live off love and affection, not ridiculous things like basic human needs! We're superhuman, don't cha know. ;)

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh, silly, INFPs live off love and affection, not ridiculous things like basic human needs! We're superhuman, don't cha know. ;)

Hmm, a theory that matches my observations! Yes, yes it all makes sense now...

*Pulls out pen and notepad.*

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
They always make me feel like a good person.

They make me feel genuinely cared for.

souffle

MBTI Type
INFP
I've been really hating myself for the last couple of days, so this thread is great!! Love you guys- thanks!:happy:

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
:wubbie::blush:
awww, thanks guys. This thread is very encouraging, esp when I can't think of anything good about myself on my own.:yes:

R

Riva

INFPs and ISFPs are the only once I've never had issues with.(except for the ISFPs lack of speed in communication)

dukenk

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
infp
My first message

Hi, I'm a infp...I agree 100% with what I read about INFP. I do have some questions that linger. I seems that I have always been open to being manipulated and have eminse guilt that lingers and festers. I'm currently been seperated for 2 years from an Agressive personality type, and geez she can hit my soul with some of the words she says. I'm trying to cope, but its hard, I hate hurting feelings and my rational points fall on deaf years, which then makes me have self doubt. I don't know, I feel like my persoanilty is flawed in caring deeply for someone that has done we wrong and continues exerting power and influance....If Im in the wrong spt, direct me. I stumbled onto this site...Just expolring who I am, who I am compatable with, and what I can do to protect myself after discovering I made a mistake about trusting and loving someone. Thanks again. Josh

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I love how my INFP friend gets so amazed/excited by things all of the time- she's so easy to make happy!!! Very low maintenance chick who's fun to hang around with- can get a bit far out at times (things like the occasional desire to start a commune or join the circus), but definitley one of the people I most enjoy spending a free afternoon with! I don't see how anyone couldn't love them!

Oh wow that is definitely 100% me. I will jump up and down over an ice cream truck and within 24 hours come up with some crazy conspiracy theory or teach myself how to read a birth chart or practice Taoism. My exes never forget me and always say I was just a tad crazy lol.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I'm psyched about the ENTPs giving the love in this thread. ENTPs are definitely a favorite of mine. You guys are hilarious and total weirdos too <3

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
hmmm I am not depressed, but I definitely think that INFPs are more inclined to sad thoughts than most types being dominantly introverted feelers.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
Those deep and sometimes depressing thoughts have made this INFP a fair amount of money. :) I'll take 'em.

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Aww, thank you for this thread. It sounds really corny, but reading some of these posts makes me feel a lot better about myself, perceived flaws and all.

And yeah, I've had major depression for nearly a decade... I've just started taking medication and trying to make a real effort to help myself, but it's pretty hard. I think INFP's might be prone to depression more than other types because our emotions run so deep--at least mine, anyway. Suuucks.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
INFP's just experience emotions rather deeply and internally, so they can be on a roller coaster at times. They want people to feel pleasant, open, or understood, so they may feel guilty or just not wish to expose their personal feelings in order to oblige a positive social mood. This will in turn work against them when they actually need to come to terms with said emotions.

They're rather intense and strangely psychic or something. They're like an emotional sponge, which I find fascinating. Their sensitivities to such a vibration is astounding, and I kinda feel bad for them since they get so absorbed and lost in it all (I can relate, except it's in thought for me). Otherwise they're extremely nice and charitable; their bleeding hearts are nothing but noble in my opinion.

dotdalidot

MBTI Type
UFO
every INFP I've met seems terribly depressed. :<

:emot-emo:

Jk. Maybe you just happen to meet every INFP at sad moments during their lives?

Well either way, melancholy is somewhat synonymous to the INFP. But I don't find that a bad thing. I find my best moments, and thoughts are breed from times when I'm at my lowest.

As John Keats would say, Ode on Melancholy! Woo :D

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
... Just expolring who I am, who I am compatable with, and what I can do to protect myself after discovering I made a mistake about trusting and loving someone. Thanks again. Josh

Ahh... Trust and Love!!... That mental imagery can be a bitch, can't it?... I'm sure you have probably been told that you wear your heart on your sleeve too often as well?

Do you trust yourself enough to move on?

I always say, love is a practice, and once learned, it should only be expressed when one is fully aware of it consequences.

What was so bad about this "someone"?