• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] In praise of INFP's

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Comes out of the pain itself or that they are just more sensitive and therefore more easily affected by their environment?

Probably both. There's a need to express a lot because the level of sensitivity is higher.

No coincidence that IxFPs are the stereotypical artist/musician/poet types, IMO. Not that Fi means you're broken, but you are prone to such high sensitivity.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Comes out of the pain itself or that they are just more sensitive and therefore more easily affected by their environment?

Agreed with OA in that both can play a role. Emotional pain can provide both creative inspiration as well as provide the energy to express it. Any sensitivity might make it easier to experience the emotional pain.

Danbenyo

MBTI Type
INXP
Enneagram
Being an INFP its like being tie to a baloon seeing so many great things from the sky that many others cant, but sometime you wanna touch those things but you cant cause the tie is too strong to untie.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Interesting metaphor. It fits.

And welcome to the forums. :)

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Being an INFP its like being tie to a balloon seeing so many great things from the sky that many others cant, but sometime you wanna touch those things but you cant cause the tie is too strong to untie.

ooooh :wubbie:

Tiny Dreamer

MBTI Type
INFP
NP :) And.... :shock: I always worry that I'm too loud and obnoxious... and yet can't help being it, haha! Especially around you INFP's, I always worry about you thinking I'm horribly egotistical! Also, 'insightful' isn't something I get called often, seeing as how I don't usually share my insights with others, being used to having them brushed aside as crazy or just ignored, due to incomprehension lol
Most of the time I'm just bantering. So thank you! :)

You may be horribly egotistical, but ENTPs somehow make that a good thing! :D Seriously, I always love it when ENTPs get all confident (it's probably to make up for my lack of it) because they do it in a way that doesn't seem obnoxious (Robert Downey Jr comes to mind as a popular example). I think we should have an ENTP praise thread just because of you, substitute! I LOVE LOVE LOVE ENTPs because they always seem to understand us the best (my mom is an ENTP and I don't know how I would live without her constant love and support). And if I could be another type I would be an ENTP. So many of my role models in this world are ENTPs so keep doing what you guys do best because us INFPs can't get enough of it! :wubbie:

Today was a really crappy day for me and I went on this thread and I instantly felt better (even though I have a crap ton of work to do now). So much so that I became a member just cause this thread. So on behalf of all INFPs everywhere. THANK YOU :hug:

Tiny

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
If INFP's ruled the world then....wait
...it just doesnt work that way...

By definition we can not rule the world...
if somehow we did...we would (quickly) shirk the job.

In all of the history of the USA we had one INFP president.
only one....and he was said to be a great 'man' but a lousy
politician, "worst President ever" many people say.

some people say that even he was not INFP, MEANING
there was NEVER such a president .

please note here if you believe (or know) that Jimmi Carter
was INFP. PLEASE THANK YOU.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I haven't noticed classical musicians become alcoholics, drug addicts and kill themselves, it is only pop musicians who do.

And who can blame them, pop music is so shallow, empty and nasty and only after the buck. No wonder pop musicians become alcoholics, drug addicts and kill themselves.

Pop music plays to the lowest common denominator and the LCD is shallow, empty and nasty and so naturally is pop music.

It's a positive feedback loop between the empty, shallow and nasty and their music. They reinforce one another. They are like reinforced concrete - stronger together than they are apart.

Classical music requires discipline, depth and good taste - qualities abhorrent to pop music.

So the fate of the pop musicians is only a reflection of their music.

the list of classical composers who were alcoholics is a long one...

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i love INFPs! you guys are the coolest.

love,
your envious extroverted kin

Jobey in Error

MBTI Type
INFP
substitute --

I really admire not only your OP but all your warm, sincere enthusiasm in this thread... you successfully spread some love. The typical INFP would probably never be able to pull this off the way you did, but we sure as hell admire the result. There should be more of this in the world. Thanks for making reality just a little more ideal.

Oh, and you said way back on page 3 or 4 or something that you were worried you came off as attention-seeking or jerky or something, especially to the very INFP types you were trying to compliment... just to say, while I admit I know some INFPs that are sensitive to that, I think in general the whole point of being an INFP is that we value authenticity and are very tolerant of different ways of expressing it. (And this INFP has actually always had a natural preference for expressive, direct, funny, warm people!)

five sounds -- applies to you too. Cheers. :)

PotatoPeeler68

MBTI Type
INFP
Wow, thank you so much for this!
This makes me feel good, and I want to hear about your INFP friends like what is your relationship with them and such.
This is really gratifying.:)

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
They're like the best of both worlds - they're introverts who are fun, adventurous, spontaneous and enthusiastic about people, and feelers who understand needing space and not smothering people

An INFP in love with you: She really wants to smother you with her love, but she also really doesn't want to smother you. Gotta love them.

I personally don't feel bothered much by their presence. They're light-hearted and gentle, including the ones exuding a sexual essence. I can be working on my computer, and she will be playing with my hair, sitting on my lap, smelling me or something. If I'm annoyed, I just throw her away.

INFPs believe in their convictions and fight fiercely for it. An INFP who believes in you will stand against the world for you. Even if she doesn't really need to. She would believe in you until the end, and she will express it over and over. Mature INFPs' optimism is no stupidity.