• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Type Differences by State

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Have you noticed any differences in temparaments across states...i.e. albeit due to culture, custom, etc?

For instance, I currently live in Massachusetts, and in general, people are cold to one another.

I'm telling you..It's so bad..Even the INFJs here are as*holes. Haha! What gives?

Tell your views. What are types like where you live?

No Rules..All stories included. :)

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
My impressions as an outsider:

Washington, Oregon, California - free spiritey, very liberal thinking, creative, SPish.

New England - reserved, not nosey, keep to themselves, rude under provocation, educated, respect tradition, liberal, business like and want to get things accomplished

Midwest - conservative except in pockets, patriotic, down to earth, appreciation for good beer, sausage and cheese, hard-working

Southern - warm, conservative, fiercely loyal, easy-going, informal but polite (ma'am, sir)

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My impressions as an outsider:

Washington, Oregon, California - free spiritey, very liberal thinking, creative, SPish.

New England - reserved, not nosey, keep to themselves, rude under provocation, educated, respect tradition, liberal, business like and want to get things accomplished

Midwest - conservative except in pockets, patriotic, down to earth, appreciation for good beer, sausage and cheese, hard-working

Southern - warm, conservative, fiercely loyal, easy-going

Wow! That is Ama-Zing!

-Zang!

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For instance, I currently live in Massachusetts, and in general, people are cold to one another.

I'm telling you..It's so bad..Even the INFJs here are as*holes. Haha! What gives?

...So what are you trying to say?

;)

That's just their persona, not how they really are. Some people in MA are really warm if you get to know them, and some people in the south (for example) are really cold, if you get to know them, despite their initial "hospitality."

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Colorado, California, Oregon, Washington, maybe the Carolinas all P, with plenty of FP.

The South: SFJ, SJ
Florida stereotyped: ES_P
Hawaii Stereotyped: ES_P
Wyoming, Montana: ISTJ???

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
LA, I agree. I think that there is still the same spectrum of personality. It's just that it's influenced by the social habits of where you come from. Like all stereotypes, they are based partially on something real and partially on a lot of generalizations and surface information.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...So what are you trying to say?

;)

That's just their persona, not how they really are. Some people in MA are really warm if you get to know them, and some people in the south (for example) are really cold, if you get to know them, despite their initial "hospitality."

The least likely people in the world to be that way are bent to that end. It's horrible.

I know what you're thinking Lauren..and no. There are no hidden meanings. No insinuations hidden in the message^.

Humble observations only.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LA, I agree. I think that there is still the same spectrum of personality. It's just that it's influenced by the social habits of where you come from. Like all stereotypes, they are based partially on something real and partially on a lot of generalizations and surface information.

Definitely. Well described Fidelia :)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The least likely people in the world to be that way are bent to that end. It's horrible.
Meaning? I don't really see what's so asshole-ish about the way they are. Sure it's less Fe-laden than some places, but no one is dying from lack of care for their feelings.
I know what you're thinking Lauren..and no. There are no hidden meanings. No insinuations hidden in the message^.
That was a joke. Obviously, that's why there was a wink. Your intuition need a little help, my favorite avy friend? :)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Meaning?

I don't really see what's so asshole-ish about the way the people in MA are. Sure it's less Fe-laden than some places, but no one is dying from lack of care for their feelings. I guess it's about your expectations of people. I'm not expecting anyone to coddle me, so I don't see the way of behaving as horrible.

That was a joke. Obviously, that's why there was a wink. Your intuition need a little help, my favorite avy friend? :)

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
What part of the country are you from, LA? (You don't have to say specific state). I found it interesting when I was going to school in the States to see what different takes friends from various parts of the country had on Wisconsin (Madison in particular). The Bostonians found people chatty, a little nosy and laissez-faire, while the southerners complained about how unfriendly and cold everyone was! In our group of close friends there was a guy from Mexico, me from Canada, a guy from New Hampshire and one from Minnesota. We had some interesting discussions about how you don't notice what distinguishes your own area from another until you move someplace and realize how very different it is.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Meaning?

I don't really see what's so asshole-ish about the way the people in MA are. Sure it's less Fe-laden than some places, but no one is dying from lack of care for their feelings. I guess it's about your expectations of people. I'm not expecting anyone to coddle me, so I don't see the way of behaving as horrible.

Calm it.

Masshole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Urban Dictionary: Masshole

Imageshack - Holly_Marie_Combs_3.jpg

:)

Jaguar

Yes, I know all about the Masshole. I don't need wiki or urbandictionary for that.

Like I said, it's a persona. Just like the Southern gentleman.

But why do I care if you dislike Massholes? Exiting thread...

Asshole? Oh, Masshole.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would say that the south is VERY SFJ.

I really like the South, though. Their visual preservation of history (buildings, monuments, parks) satisfies my own interest in history, feeding my weaker yet still present Si, and the Fe means that people act pretty caring for the most part. We have our assholes just like everyone else, but I can guarentee you if you were lying by the side of the road in my town someone would quickly stop to help.

I actually heard a story recently about a young woman from Pennsylvania who broke down in a West Virginia rural small town, and a man (a stranger) actually allowed her to borrow his truck to drive the rest of the way into Charleston while her car was being fixed.

Now that's fucking hospitality.