• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs and SMS messages

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
2 questions concerning 1 different dimension of thinking:

1. Why do INFJs only answers your text messages, if you sent em at the most cool time possible ?

2. And why then after you fucked up the cool moment they dont reply ?

Do they have the money issues in their back of their head, as said in the other thread, how a well planned life at spending every cent will bring us freedom ?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
and yet another wierd infj thread.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
and yet another wierd infj thread.

We can't escape them. ever. People must have answers. and answers NOW.

1. I stopped answering most text messages because I am asleep when they are sent.

2. This infj has unlimited texting, but texting takes time, effort, etc. I'm burned out on people right now.

P

Phantonym

1. Why do INFJs only answers your text messages, if you sent em at the most cool time possible ?

Do they have the money issues in their back of their head, as said in the other thread, how a well planned life at spending every cent will bring us freedom ?
Cool time for you or cool time for them? Maybe it's mood related? The better the mood, the quicker the answer. Or the messages need some time to be reflected upon and constructing the most appropriate reply takes time and some effort. Being in a not so stellar mood might postpone all that.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
And what about the sender of the message, who cares for him ?

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The sender. Or the receiver when they're in the mood for caring about others than themselves. That's life.

Isn't it rude to not reply? Or is that okay inside one's introverted world..nevermind anyone else? I mean I could understand if the sender is mean spirited?

Lightyear

2 questions concerning 1 different dimension of thinking:

So not true for me. I tend to reply to most text messages especially to ones where people obviously are expecting/needing a reply or that are directed only at me and haven't been send to loads of people. I would feel guilty and it would nag me at the back of my head if I ignore people.

Also am not sure if this is INFJ specific but I love text messages because you can ask a person a very concise question or compliment them/say something nice in a very straightforward way while with telephone conversations you always have to go through the whole "How are you? How are the kids?" small-talk blah blah thing or you might come across as rude.

P

Phantonym

Isn't it rude to not reply? Or is that okay inside one's introverted world..nevermind anyone else? I mean I could understand if the sender is mean spirited?
It certainly depends on the said message. If it's important and urgent, a prompt reply is definitely in order.

If it's sent merely to pass the time, out of boredom, or it needs some serious time to reflect upon, one might not receive an instant reply because it's not important or it really takes time to process.

I tend to reply to most text messages especially to ones where people obviously are expecting/needing a reply or that are directed only at me and haven't been send to loads of people. I would feel guilty and it would nag me at the back of my head if I ignore people.
Oh, this is true for me as well. I always reply to the text messages I deem as important to me and the sender as soon as they arrive.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Funny how when your INFJ GF does something you come here and lump all of us INFJs into her group :rolleyes: (Though I AM just jumping to conclusions...)

Either way sky's last post is exactly how I feel about SMS

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I'm usually stellar in responding to text messages. It's actually a pretty big pet peeve to me when people just don't respond. Is that the J in me?

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't know, I usually answer to all text messages myself as well, no matter how ridiculous. Most of the messages I get are from a one certain person though, and I do not always respond, as in late at night, when I can't come up with a clever reply, and then I'll forget about it in the morning.

harmonyizmine

For me, I am just not tied to my phone 24/7 (unless I'm at work).

I lose it, forget it's on silent, forget to charge it, etc.

When I finally remember my phone, I see the missed txt messages, send a flurry back, get lost in a project and forget the phone again. :D

MrRandom

MBTI Type
INFJ
I pretty much never answer text messages unless there is a specific question.

I think there's nothing more silly than replying "Okay" via SMS. Why is it necessary to inform the sender that you got the message? And pay for it? If the matter is urgent, and the sender really needs to know if you got it in time, he/she's using the wrong communication method anyway. Text messages are not urgent, phone calls are. Text messages are so easily missed.

A friend of mine swapped multiple text messages with his girlfriend. At one point he didn't read the text message he received and I asked him why. He said: "I already know what it says". (which was obviously something like "Okay"). This story perfectly illustrates the silliness that is involved with the SMS culture.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I pretty much never answer text messages unless there is a specific question.

I think there's nothing more silly than replying "Okay" via SMS. Why is it necessary to inform the sender that you got the message? And pay for it? If the matter is urgent, and the sender really needs to know if you got it in time, he/she's using the wrong communication method anyway. Text messages are not urgent, phone calls are. Text messages are so easily missed.

A friend of mine swapped multiple text messages with his girlfriend. At one point he didn't read the text message he received and I asked him why. He said: "I already know what it says". (which was obviously something like "Okay"). This story perfectly illustrates the silliness that is involved with the SMS culture.

You said it.

And if I get a text from a friend, and I'm right in front of the computer, I'll send them an IM or e-mail back in reply. Like hell I'm paying to reply to that message when I had to pay to read it!

That...and I really hate texting in general. It's hard to type using a phone.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
People like talking ish about INFJs here eh?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't use texts. I answer my phone if it's not a bad time. Written messages I sometimes feel the need to mull over before answering and sometimes forget to answer altogether or feel as though the time has passed.

Someone attempting to interact with me does not necessarily obligate me to interact with them if/when I don't feel like it.

eirlysmorissey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
For me, I am just not tied to my phone 24/7 (unless I'm at work).

I lose it, forget it's on silent, forget to charge it, etc.

When I finally remember my phone, I see the missed txt messages, send a flurry back, get lost in a project and forget the phone again.

You're exactly like me.

Hotherym

MBTI Type
INFU
I hate talking on phones. Texting is better, but I'm very erratic with it. The reason is that people text or call me when it's something they personally want to share, or bitch about, and I get turned off to that really quick. It's rare I ever get a text or call asking how I am, or what's going on with me.

I've basically stopped the exchange completely because confronting the situation only made it worse. I'm finding that avoidance is the best approach to most people, especially with texting.