• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs and SMS messages

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of course the solution to all of this is simply to ban texting functionality from your phone completely. :whistling:

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Texting is convenient, but I have no patience for long text message conversations. I'd really rather the person call or that we talk online. A lot of that is probably my being a slow texter.

What usually happens to me is that I don't have my phone next to me and don't see my new messages until hours later, at which point it often doesn't seem worthwhile to respond if it was a casual message. If I miss something important, I text the person back to apologize. Otherwise, I resolve to ask them about whatever it was the next time we talk.

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah, texting is an annoyance, in my opinion. I like short texts such as "Meet you at 2," or "Where are we meeting?" These are acceptable to me. What I do not like, however, are conversational texts like, "How'd you like the movie?" I do not have the time for those and honestly, I get somewhat offended because if someone wants to ask me something conversational, I think they should be able to make a phone call.

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I always reply to texts, emails, Facebook messages, etc. About 50% of the time I don't feel like responding, but I don't want to hurt the person's feelings on the other end so I do anyway. I'd have to be pretty angry and/or irritated with someone to repeatedly ignore their messages. But maybe that's just me.