• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] If you had to be an NT . . .

Which NT?

• INTP

Votes: 27 18.2%
  • INTJ

Votes: 28 18.9%
  • ENTP

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • An NT? No way!

Votes: 11 7.4%

• Total voters

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
^ When you use the tertiary and inferior functions due to stress and the primary/secondary functions needing a break, you appear as kind of a childish version of the type that shares only the first letter with you.

Ergo, ENFPs in stressed-out-and-time-to-get-shit-done mode appear temporarily like ESTJs.

So we ENTPs suffer from constant stress ? Finally the mystery is solved and stands revealed :D

No wait that made no sense :D

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
ENTP! They're just like me, but less feeling. Perfect! I really need to feel less. Who can teach me how to be T?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I'm surprised at the tentative score.

Well, not so much that the ENTP is winning, but that the ENTJ is a close second.

Maybe extroversion is the way to go? Or that we just have a higher concentration of dissatisfied introverts?

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTJ. I think I would like to be EJ, because being IP stresses me out. (Although I'm sure being EJ is stressful in its own ways.) Plus, my best friend is ENTJ and she's pretty awesome.

When I first got into MBTI, I thought I was INTP (as I often test that way), and it upset me.
ahahaha

The same thing happened to me! I just remember reading up a bunch of stuff about INTPs, and mostly getting the impression: "You're weird, you don't fit in, and no one understands you." Then I ended up realizing I was actually INFP, and so...

Wait...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Well, not so much that the ENTP is winning, but that the ENTJ is a close second.

Maybe extroversion is the way to go? Or that we just have a higher concentration of dissatisfied introverts?

It's harder to imagine what it's like to be an introvert, as those people tend to not share that easily :D

For me, I chose ENTJ over INTJ (but only just), because I like the impact they can have on the world. They tend to be more blunt, more clear in what they want and how to get it (and not bogged down by others usually). I tend to appreciate that enormously..though INTJ intelligence and their cunning ways have their appeal too ;)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I wouldn't say dissatisfied - I've thought on many occasions about how I'm glad I'm an introvert.

I just wouldn't want to trade my brand of introvertedness for another brand of introvertedness. If I have to change, change big!

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not necessarily dissatisfied with being an introvert in and of itself...it just seems like the things I'm interested in (dance, a performing art; learning a foreign language) seem to be areas where extroverts have more advantages...

And I picked ENTJ over ENTP because I'm pretty extreme on the P-side...it'd be nice to know what it's like to be organized and decisive for once. :D

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ahahaha

The same thing happened to me! I just remember reading up a bunch of stuff about INTPs, and mostly getting the impression: "You're weird, you don't fit in, and no one understands you." Then I ended up realizing I was actually INFP, and so...

Wait...

Yeah, but we're artists. INTPs are just nerds :tongue:

I'm not necessarily dissatisfied with being an introvert in and of itself...it just seems like the things I'm interested in (dance, a performing art; learning a foreign language) seem to be areas where extroverts have more advantages...

Language is supposed to be one of the INFP's natural talents. I imagine dance might be very Se dominated though. Performing, well, if you're not shy, then introversion can be good for portraying a complex character.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I respect all of them, maybe INTJ's bore the crap out of me but they seem to be the most competent of all the NT types. ENTPs and INTPS are just more fun and ENTJS have a nice zing to them.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think ENxPs tend to win these types of polls because they vote for themselves, on top of the people that are already voting for them. At least that's my theory.

I do think there is a little bit of the "grass is greener" mentality with introverts (That and ENTJs are one of the "stronger" types, something NFs value). Personally, the more that I contemplate it, I think being an extravert isn't that great at all.

If I had to pick NT or death, I choose INTJ. But I stick by my first answer otherwise.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think ENxPs tend to win these types of polls because they vote for themselves, on top of the people that are already voting for them. At least that's my theory.

Are you afraid of shadows in the dark ? Do you look twice if the road is free before you walk it ? You suffer from persecution mania :D

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted ENTJ because they seem pretty psychologically grounded/no-nonsense, the ones I know in real life have a lot going for them and are people I admire, and, well, they're extroverted, and I have extrovert-envy. :smile:

[I happen to really dig the ENTP personality, though...I'm just not certain I'd want to BE one. ;) And there's nothing against the INT's at all...I simply have enough of my own IN-ness at times and in my alternate life would want to be an E]

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you afraid of shadows in the dark ? Do you look twice if the road is free before you walk it ? You suffer from persecution mania :D

Nope. And I don't think there's anything "far out" about believing ENTPs would vote for themselves in a popularity poll that also happens to be private. ;)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Nope. And I don't think there's anything "far out" about believing ENTPs would vote for themselves in a popularity poll that also happens to be private. ;)

lol are you serious? Sure, but any more likely than any other type? Chaos favors no sides.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol are you serious? Sure, but any more likely than any other type? Chaos favors no sides.

Yes, I'm serious. Even an ENTP said the same thing in this thread, and another ENTP basically confirmed that's what they did.

Chaos doesn't favor ENTPs? That's a new one. :D

R

Riva

I bet you 1000 bucks that there is another "what NT do you want to be" thread somewhere.

Did the mods/night forget about the search functions?

Cus i remember seeing the obvious (ENTPs winning) results in it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yes, I'm serious. Even an ENTP said the same thing in this thread, and another ENTP basically confirmed that's what they did.

Chaos doesn't favor ENTPs? That's a new one. :D

Well I said persecution mania cause the poll is meaningless. And you having such suspicious thoughts about a thing so irrelevant I just found a bit startling.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I bet you 1000 bucks that there is another "what NT do you want to be thread somewhere".

Did the mods/night forget about the search functions?

How old is it though? With the turnover most message boards have, expecting people to drag up threads from the depths is kind of ridiculous. I think a fresh start makes sense if it's been more than 6 months since a topic was posted.