• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Where to find INFJ's

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
If you ever truly get to know her she will amaze you with her wit, her animation, her sense of humor, talents and the massive heart that beats inside her chest. But if you ever treat her in a demeaning way she'll come at you like a mother bear defending her cubs, you'll see nothing but fangs and claws! We are very protective of our inner feelings. If she loves you she will give you the benefit of the doubt maybe more than she should until one day when she wakes up to find that she has lost all romantic interest in you and she will drop you like a stone.

WednesdayGirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
I agree with Kryten and Jenna. :) An INFJ can be found at most of those creative and/or relaxed places. Any nature place is great...esp. lake, beach and so on. She will usually be quiet and likely in some introspective mood...maybe curled up with a good book.

If you want to know and desire how to find a true INFJ...watch the movie Amelie. The main character is definitely one. :)

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Since you're having a hard time finding an INFJ, this must mean that you are experiencing no emotional difficulties at the moment. Just wait until you do. When you do, you will eventually come across someone that you are mysteriously compelled to unload all your problems on. This person will be an INFJ. Trust me. No matter how invisible I am most of the time, when even the most obscure acquaintance has a problem, they have no trouble whatsover finding me. They just know somehow that I'll listen to them. It's freaky crap. Don't know how this works, but it does.

So true! It happens to me all the time. :huh:

Claide

MBTI Type
INFJ
Alone at the park. It's my favorite place to ponder.

Every INFJ has a pondering place.

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP
Get an MFA in Creative Writing. Or hang out with a university's Creative Writing MFA department. Seriously. I just started an MFA program, and there are more INFJs than any other type in my classes.

Anastar

Honestly, you're probably gonna have to rely on luck because they are elusive little boogers(I should know)

Maybe the biology dept. would be a good try(mostly rationals but there are some idealists)

BTW: Some tend to have a somewhat reserved countenance(more than likely because of the stalkers)

Ethereal

MBTI Type
INTP
They are hard to spot, but you may already know one. I recently just found out that one of my good friends that I have known for a while from working with her in a satirical publication at my university is an INFJ. In hindsight, most of her aspects are textbook INFJ, but back then I never really noticed.

WednesdayGirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh...great to find someone else who has actually seen it! For some reason, here in the States it did not go over as well? I think it's just some people have bad taste, lol.
Glad you agree...there was such depth in that film. Nice.

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Where you find an INFJ depends on their interests. I'd go with anything having to do with the arts or books though.

As an INFJ female, I can tell you that strangers talking to me puts me into "freak out" mode, but if you start talking about something that interests me, it'll be like we've been BBFs since childhood. Really, I spent an entire semester in college never talking in a class until I had to... the last class, someone mentioned a show I loved dearly that wasn't well known and I physically got up and jumped into their conversation.

morbidation

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hmmm interesting one.. I've got a few INFJ female friends and apparently all of us really have the 'tell me what's wrong' sign plastered on our foreheads.

The absolute easiest way to find an INFJ i think is to have a problem (counterproductive, though) and take a look around, checking who seems to be the most willing to hear you out and listen to your troubles..

And for one thing I highly doubt that you'll be able to properly spot INFJs in huge social functions like in clubs or at a prom. I'm not sure about the entire population but personally I get overloaded by these situations. Not that I can't function, but most of my INFJ characteristics are masked very well. So finding an INFJ here would probably be a matter of pure luck.

Of course on the flipside, sterotypes like 'they only exist on garden front porches reading books' obviously are untrue. But i really feel that finding an INFJ is not hinged on where they are, but what they do. A last point I feel is that INFJ's make very very good listeners when others are talking about themselves.

If you ever get into a situation when you're talking about yourself, the person who holds your eye contact, nods along, emphatises and really really shows that she is caring is very likely to be the INFJ you're looking for.

Hope this helps =)

flamaze13

MBTI Type
INFJ
Try Barnes and Noble. I'm a female INFJ an believe me, I am there ALL THE TIME, having Starbucks and reading.

Also, Paris. It is a stereotype, but from my experience a lot of French people are INFJs. I think this is why so many people just do not understand them. I went there and was shocked at how many people were just like me. I'm a French/English major.

But be careful - I'm quick to detect people's motives, and relationships of any kind are not taken lightly. My friends are people I would die for, they are like my siblings. So, getting to that point takes a lot of time.

I've had to be more extroverted in college, otherwise I would sit in my apartment all day, reading in isolation... I love people, so I've learned to speak up more. Asking an INFJ an interesting question is a good way to not scare her off.

Lemonade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm male, but here are a few places where the probability of finding an INFJ are high.

1) Higher education (University or local/community colleges).
a) Astronomy
b) Photography
c) Psychology (try a specific psych course like 'Personal & Social Adjustment').
d) Creative writing courses (script, drama, fiction)
e) Music courses (try piano)
f) Art History (as a few others mentioned earlier)

2) Community events
a) Poetry readings
b) Theater Productions
c) Local art shows/ exhibits
d) Farmer's Market (early morning = higher chance because of smaller crowds)
e) Music events (Jazz festivals and Concerto/Symphony/Classical music = high probability).

3) General Locations
a) Museums & Art Galleries
b) Book Stores
c) Thrift stores
d) Organic food stores
e) Libraries
f) Parks & scenic outdoor locations
g) Music section (Movie Soundtracks)

These are probably the best places to find an INFJ and have time to interact with him/her since we are out exploring... other times, we are usually only out to complete a task and want to return home as soon as possible.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Also, Paris. It is a stereotype, but from my experience a lot of French people are INFJs. I think this is why so many people just do not understand them.

:laugh:
Quelle abasourdissante généralisation!
(What a sweeping generalisation!)

Prime

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
- Alone at the vegan restaurant, ordering takeout.
- Alone at the organic coffee shop, reading Rimbaud while the Social Interaction book lies beside her orange scone.
- Watching an indie film in the town's only art house theater, possibly with a girlfriend.
- Riding a bicycle in modest dress, most likely alone.
- At the Belle & Sebastian concert, with a huge smile on her face when Stuart Murdoch goes falsetto. If tickets were expensive, she's there alone.
- If they're in a crowd and waiting for something, they are likely fake texting to kill time.

I kid a little bit, but there is some truth in there.