• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Turning into an infp.

braziljoe

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
5w4
I recently retook the mbti test at mypersonality.info and scored 1% in the "T" category. While I'm still rational, I've been much more aware of my feelings recently.
I also have seen some other personality changes in me. I'm much more verbally fluent, can appreciate art like never before, and can "read" other people's feelings a lot easier than before.
What is interesting is that I'm sure I was "F" as a child and somehow I am managing to "rescue" this earlier version of mine.
Has anyone faced something like this before?

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
How 'T' were you before? If you get radically different %s in any of the variables something ain't right, methinks.

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
o yes this place is all about rescuing the child in you and maybe whacking it into proper behaviour ;)

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I tested as INTP the first time, mainly I think because of male culturalization, but also because I considered the workings of my inner life (ie Fi feeding off Ne) to be best characterized by the word "analysis", which threw off some of my answers. When I read the INTP profile though and then compared it to the INFP profile I realized I was an INFP. I think this is fairly common for male INFPs.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I tested as INTP the first time, mainly I think because of male culturalization, but also because I considered the workings of my inner life (ie Fi feeding off Ne) to be best characterized by the word "analysis", which threw off some of my answers. When I read the INTP profile though and then compared it to the INFP profile I realized I was an INFP. I think this is fairly common for male INFPs.

+1

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I often test INTP and I'm not a guy. Remember that Fi is a rational function. A lot of INFPs test INTP because of crappy tests that confuse emotion with feeling. Fi is more about awareness of values.

And yeah, I was cranky as a teenager and have gotten back in touch with my compassionate side the further I move into my 20s. I never even considered INFP for myself as a teen when I looked into MBTI, because I couldn't see myself as a warm person, so instead I dismissed MBTI. Now I know that feeling does not equal external warmth or external display of emotion.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
FWIW, I love men who own their F-ness!!!

I get so sick and tired of leaving this forum for a month to come back and find a whole gaggle of NF men miraculously turn into NTs.

NF men are a highly rare and awesome commodity.

Why would you deny yourself of your *own* identity.

You cannot fake it to make it!!!

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hm, don't think you finished the thread title:

"Turning into an infp... is never a bad thing"

;)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hm, don't think you finished the thread title:

"Turning into an infp... is never a bad thing"

;)

I would never want to be infp. Theyr great people usually, but i prefer being intp. Being infp seems like pretty hard thing to do. Or then i just know the wrong infps..

Phoenix_400

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w6
Bah, I'm officially choosing to accept the duality of my nature.

INTP + INFP = INxP

or

Alignment.jpg

:smoke:

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I would never want to be infp. Theyr great people usually, but i prefer being intp. Being infp seems like pretty hard thing to do. Or then i just know the wrong infps..

Thanks for the compliment :)

braziljoe

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
5w4
LOL! I'm going through this exact same thing. You can look through my self-discovery thread over here:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/22179-intp-infj-tendencies-anybody-else.html
We thought I was INFJ first, but I've come to the conclusion I'm INxP and I'm leaving it at that until I've got the chance to further explore this situation.

I definitely don’t use Ni, nor am I INFJ. I have a sister who is an INFJ and she looks like me superficially, but in a one-one interaction between us, we just speak different languages.
And also, I hate to make decisions, I really do, I always think I will mess up everything in the end when I have to make them.
I think I use Fe because I have this urge to emotionally organize/please the people in the room I’m in and to bring peace to the community.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I bet your INTP brethren will shoot you before you turn.