• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Best Type for ENFJs?

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Theoretically the most stable relationship a ENFJ could have would be with three types: ISFP, ENFP and/or ENTJ. Although I'm guessing a relationship needs work so it could work with any type.

G

Glycerine

Theoretically the most stable relationship a ENFJ could have would be with three types: ISFP, ENFP and/or ENTJ. Although I'm guessing a relationship needs work so it could work with any type.

No thanks on the ENFP and ENTJ. Both types are cool but I think we would all want to strangle each other if involved romantically. ;) But then again, I will probably end up marrying another E_FJ. :devil:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No thanks on the ENFP and ENTJ. Both types are cool but I think we would all want to strangle each other if involved romantically. ;)

My mom (ENFJ) likes ENFPs as friends (she has 3 who are her friends) but she can't stand the P factor. She also has told me that something just seems off with them, that for a romantic relationship that she would prefer a T (basically). She has also noticed Fi vs Fe differences/clashes with her and her ENFP friends.

Eh. One of my best friends is an ENFP and his girlfriend of almost 2 years is an ENFJ, and they are happy together but they've had their ups and downs.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
ENFJs know what I'm thinking. ENFPs think they know what I'm thinking, but most ENFJs truly do.

G

Glycerine

My mom (ENFJ) likes ENFPs as friends (she has 3 who are her friends) but she can't stand the P factor. She also has told me that something just seems off with them, that for a romantic relationship that she would prefer a T (basically). She has also noticed Fi vs Fe differences/clashes with her and her ENFP friends.

Eh. One of my best friends is an ENFP and his girlfriend of almost 2 years is an ENFJ, and they are happy together but they've had their ups and downs.
hahaha yeah, ENFPs sometimes tend to find me uptight and too guarded while I can find dom Ne w/ Fi to be overkill sometimes. FeNi seems more guarded and private while NeFi seems more open and friendly. Also, ENFPs tend to misread me a lot and vice versa. That could be another clash.

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Says who?

I think ISFP's are very good suited because it could make an ENFJ more interested in doing practical things. Better then ESFP because an ESFP would exhaust ENFJ and are less patient then ISFP's.
ENFP's because they both are NF and they can have different worldviews, clash about it and deal with it better than INFP/ENFJ-combo. Because when one is thinking more in personal terms the other thinks in a more indifferent. They won't steamroll eachother in uncontrolled Fe vs Fi anger, when dissagreements come.
ENTJ's would suit because they have probably alot in common yet different approach and I think they can learn from eachother and will develop a steady mutual appreciation.

Sizzling Berry

MBTI Type
INFP
I think there'd be a lot of viewpoint battling back and forth.

Mmmmmm - I thought it would be half of the pleasure. But seriously I think ENTPs would test ENFJs to their limits.

And ENFJs wouldn't have to worry that one day they would need to make their partners "a repair/ heal project". ENTPs seem to be too self-contained and elusive for that. Question is - would you like that or do you prefer somebody u can influence? Hmmmm - or r u of two minds on that 1? :tongue:

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree, but it depends on how mature they are.

I suppose I'm biased, and not taking that logically, because I had a bad run in with an immature INFP. I tend, for whatever reasons, to put ENTP in the same category, when I just have to realize, people are different and I can't be biased on type.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFJs know what I'm thinking. ENFPs think they know what I'm thinking, but most ENFJs truly do.

ENFJs know what you're thinking in the sense of they know what you want or are trying to get. they're good at detecting what people are trying to do and anticipating it. their charisma is bc they can accurately imagine what someone will find attractive, or to be a good solution, or to provide them with exactly what they're hoping for.

they understand the external cues and expressions of feeling very well so that they can be disarming when necessary and adjust immediately in their expressions, and so that they can read the information off of others and predict it quite well as a result, they have a lot of refinement in their Fe methods.

as far as entp-enfj you have a power couple like john and yoko.

i think enfj does best with infp, isfp, intp, istp, intj, entj, entp. estj or estp could probably work too, enxjs seem the least intuitive or bust out of any of the N types. enfj seems better at playing the field than finding long-term partners, so it often takes necessity/discipline to slow them down and get them in-touch with their own needs (which is necessary for the success of most long-term relationships). this is especially 2w3 and 3w2. the 2w1 and the 4w5 enfjs have more internal struggle, and especially need the added centering foundation of a dom Fi or Ti.

tinycatsinmyhair

all I know is i my enfj boyfriend adores me and i adore him and we are both in awe of how perfect and amazing the other is and we make each other v happy

i think its so weird that nobody has mentioned isfp

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
and especially need the added centering foundation of a dom Fi or Ti.

I think you're onto something here. Fi-dom or Ti-dom seems to be a trend in types listed: INTP, ISTP, INFP, ISFP. The extroverts listed are mostly Ps also (ENxP). It seems extroverted perceiving is attractive to ENFJs, and some prefer introverts with a judging function to center them, as you say.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, please do come closer. :ninja:

I haz candee.

unless jumping through hoops are part of the draw, I do not see how ISTP / ENFJ should be recommended.

*slow head shake* :doh:

I really neither know nor read the OP

The hot type?

How you doin'? :wubbie:

as far as entp-enfj you have a power couple like john and yoko.

Eh? I thought that was an ISTP-ISTJ pair. :shock:

i think enfj does best with infp, isfp, intp, istp, intj, entj, entp. estj or estp could probably work too, enxjs seem the least intuitive or bust out of any of the N types. enfj seems better at playing the field than finding long-term partners, so it often takes necessity/discipline to slow them down and get them in-touch with their own needs (which is necessary for the success of most long-term relationships). this is especially 2w3 and 3w2. the 2w1 and the 4w5 enfjs have more internal struggle, and especially need the added centering foundation of a dom Fi or Ti.

ESTJ would be a disaster.

Could you explain "least intuitive"?