• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Bloody INFPs and their capacity to turn INTJs into fuzzy hug addicts.

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
I am tutoring a 3'rd grader who prides himself on his skills in being able to get out of things, instead of learning to work through them instead. At least in my student, I have caught it much earlier. Maybe by the time he reaches the age of your boyfriend he will already have moved past that childish stage.

Good luck with the little munchkin.

I used to work with a woman who was great at the art of insulting people in such a manner that she always left herself an out under the guise that we must be misunderstanding her, that she didn't actually say that. It was very clever. I seldom took offense or called her on it because I happened to know she was a severe alcoholic and had a miserable marriage.

will5250

MBTI Type
INFP
Good luck with the little munchkin.

I used to work with a woman who was great at the art of insulting people in such a manner that she always left herself an out under the guise that we must be misunderstanding her, that she didn't actually say that. It was very clever. I seldom took offense or called her on it because I happened to know she was a severe alcoholic and had a miserable marriage.
Yeah. Its hard to know/do what is needed in those situations. All the same the woman was still getting away with manipulating people.

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP men are too..girly, for my tastes.
Also too emotional and clingy.

will5250

MBTI Type
INFP
How many do you know?
I love it when some folks here take a sample of one, and then declare their findings to be universal for all of that type. Many of the folks on the Wrong Planet Forum, which is a forum for people with Autistic Spectrum disorders, have a saying, "If you meet an Aspie, you have met one Aspie." They too don't appreciate people generalizing based upon their experience with one or two aspies, though this tendency appears to be a common human behavior. I agree with Biaxident. Please don't make assumptions about me, or people of any other type based upon your experiences with one or two people who happen to be my or their type.

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
Also there are two main categories of INFP: the immature ones that everyone associates as infp, and the rare, mature INFP that is almost the complete opposite in every way. Be patient and understanding till then, and we make up for it.

will5250

MBTI Type
INFP
Also there are two main categories of INFP: the immature ones that everyone associates as infp, and the rare, mature INFP that is almost the complete opposite in every way. Be patient and understanding till then, and we make up for it.
This plus that post a bit back, or somewhere, where someone said they didn't know male INFPs existed, and another that said INFPs are so rare, kind of implies that many INFP males don't live long enough to reach maturity. :)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In real life, mature male INFPs are probably rarely typed as male INFPs.

Not that I'm mature by any means, but I'd find it very unlikely that someone that knew me in real life would type me as INFP. The forum gets to see a side of me that people in real life rarely do. (Lucky you. :rolleyes:)

Cranky

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
INFP men are too..girly, for my tastes.
Also too emotional and clingy.

Whoa, dude. By virtue of the fact that I have many very WEIRD friends, I know a lot more INFP/ENFP males than most people know exist. I probably have six or seven male INFPs and a solid 15-20 male ENFPs in my immediate and extended social circle (thank you for those personality tests, Facebook! And, yes, I'm more or less sure that they were correctly identified based on my interactions with them).

I only know one REALLY unhealthy male INFP, and he has been carrying a torch for my best friend (ENTJ) for YEARS. He has been in some TRULY toxic relationships, and doesn't function very well. He'd be insulted if I called him an emo wussie because he's a big guy and not too bad-looking, but that's pretty much the story.

The other INFP men tend to have some issues, yes...but possibly as a result of getting teased or whatever...seem to have acquired interesting and completely masculine habits and hobbies. I like them. Among them are carpenters :)wubbie::wubbie:), construction workers (Just hand me the Diet Coke already!! Men in nothing but jeans and boots need to line up outside my door, starting NOW), metal sculptors (NOM he looks good in a leather apron), artists (one of whom is a knight in a medieval recreation society, and HE looks HOT in chainmail with a battle axe, what with the broad shoulders and all), a guitarist (sexy tattoos and a good lyricist), a Latin dance teacher :)heart::heart::heart: He can move his hips like two cats fighting inside a burlap bag), a truck mechanic (who is VERY handy to have around, especially if you can hang back a bit and watch him bend over the engine :devil:), and other sundry traditionally masculine professions or hobbies.

The ENFP men tend to gravitate more towards the socially masculine hobbies; barbecuing, football (playing and watching), basketball, throwing keggers, clubbing to pick up chicks (and DAMN they are GOOD at it. I'm glad I got more or less relegated to the role of Little Sis a long time ago; it gave me an inside view into how sensitive men can REALLY get to the head of the line when it comes to picking up women. I know your tricks, all you NFP men!!), and similar.

But you are an INTP. Wallpaper is too emotional and clingy for your taste.

I'm not a fan of the clingy. It's gotten me in trouble before, because in one relationship when I was younger, I actually assumed on occasion that the man was kidding when he would say stuff like "why didn't you call me yesterday? I was waiting for you to call!" I would laugh, and say, "Yeah, right, ha ha, you were waiting by the phone for me." He would then assume the visage of a kicked puppy, and I would STILL laugh, because I still thought he was teasing. He must have thought I was one stone cold bitch.

I love it when some folks here take a sample of one, and then declare their findings to be universal for all of that type. Many of the folks on the Wrong Planet Forum, which is a forum for people with Autistic Spectrum disorders, have a saying, "If you meet an Aspie, you have met one Aspie." They too don't appreciate people generalizing based upon their experience with one or two aspies, though this tendency appears to be a common human behavior. I agree with Biaxident. Please don't make assumptions about me, or people of any other type based upon your experiences with one or two people who happen to be my or their type.

It's a good idea to do exactly as Will and Biax are saying: if I didn't separate out the poor treatment I just got from one male INFP from the others that I know, I'd be robbing myself of what is probably the best type of person for me to be with, and all for the sins of one man.

Too bad that man didn't want to sin a little bit more with ME, and a little less with OTHER :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: women.

YES, yes, you do. It sucks a little bit to wait for you guys to get your heads out of your asses, though. Here we are, all the INTJ/ENTJ femmes who just ADORE the cuddlies (though you will NEVER hear me admit that in public), and you guys are too busy painting a perfect face over an ideal mind and a lovely body in your heads, and not noticing that one SERIOUSLY good thing is staring you in the face.

This plus that post a bit back, or somewhere, where someone said they didn't know male INFPs existed, and another that said INFPs are so rare, kind of implies that many INFP males don't live long enough to reach maturity. :)

That's true enough of MEN, not just INFP males.

:cheese:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rather than say most INFPs are immature, I'd say that the stereotypes are associated with mostly immature qualities, and so those immature individuals get typed as INFP more often or more easily than mature INFPs.
(However, I think I'm pretty clearly INFP :blush: :D)

I also think a lot of people mistype other types as INFP....

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not a fan of the clingy. It's gotten me in trouble before, because in one relationship when I was younger, I actually assumed on occasion that the man was kidding when he would say stuff like "why didn't you call me yesterday? I was waiting for you to call!" I would laugh, and say, "Yeah, right, ha ha, you were waiting by the phone for me." He would then assume the visage of a kicked puppy, and I would STILL laugh, because I still thought he was teasing. He must have thought I was one stone cold bitch.

A frustrating observation I've noticed with many xNFPs is that the more independent you are, the more the NFP will cling to you. The more dependent you become, the more they want freedom.

In general, I do not consider INFPs to be clingy at all. Why waste my time begging for your attention when I can just entertain myself with my own thoughts?

will5250

MBTI Type
INFP
In real life, mature male INFPs are probably rarely typed as male INFPs.

Not that I'm mature by any means, but I'd find it very unlikely that someone that knew me in real life would type me as INFP. The forum gets to see a side of me that people in real life rarely do. (Lucky you. :rolleyes:)
INFPs are evidently typically not very WYSIWYG. Most INFPs won't appear IRL the same is what one would experience of us, online.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In general, I do not consider INFPs to be clingy at all. Why waste my time begging for your attention when I can just entertain myself with my own thoughts?

:yes:

My real world feedback is that I ignore people too much. I plead guilty to being the INFP who forgets to call and disappears for weeks on end, not one who clings.

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
My INTJ friend has hugged me twice in the last two days, should I be worried?

Cranky

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
My INTJ friend has hugged me twice in the last two days, should I be worried?

Yes. Is someone dying? The last time I hugged a friend like that, it was because my grandma was dying.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It is indicative of a strong emotion such as endearment, sadness, love, or a need for physical affection. Fit it into the context of the hug :D

Also tends to mean trust, no matter what context. Appreciate it, s/he just gave you the greatest compliment as an INTJ

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
Yes. Is someone dying? The last time I hugged a friend like that, it was because my grandma was dying.

...I really need to stop making jokes when I'm tired...All sense gets lost sight of...

Maybe they're filled with early Christmas spirit? :cheese:

Edit: Yup, I'm going with the Christmas spirit.

Cranky

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
...I really need to stop making jokes when I'm tired...All sense gets lost sight of...

Maybe they're filled with early Christmas spirit? :cheese:

Edit: Yup, I'm going with the Christmas spirit.

You were joking? :shock:

Sorry. I thought you were serious. You don't have an INTJ friend who hugged you?

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
You were joking? :shock:

Sorry. I thought you were serious. You don't have an INTJ friend who hugged you?

I was serious about the part where they hugged me, joking about the 'should I be worried' bit.