• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Bloody INFPs and their capacity to turn INTJs into fuzzy hug addicts.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
One INFP here without mother issues - other than that she's an ENFP and talks ALL the time... we get along famously as long as we don't have to live under the same roof.

As to the relationship issues - you're getting a lot of good input Cranky, so there's not much I could add. My experience was with an ENTJ, so is of limited use here, I think. ---I wouldn't mind a white knight of my own, though--- *sigh*

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I would rather not speak of my childhood right now.

Well, except that I said "goo and huggles" instead of "mush and cuddles" this is exactly correct.

Picky, picky...

Therefore, hoo and guggles.

This be teh Intarweb, I kin do wut I likes....:harhar:

But I prefer semi intelligible communication. :nerd:

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I want to corrupt an INTJ into an un-logical fuzzy hug addict. Mwuahahhahahhaaa :p

There's something appealing about surprising the cold, smart, clever, logical, I know everything, emotions are for wimps, man. (Or woman?!) And making them curious.

Omg, I'm making them sound like some one dimensional monster.

INTJ's, I KNOW you can still feel! I know you are still human!
Lol, Ok, I'm going to stop typing now...(I've actually been putting off sleep for the past two hours)

Cheetah

MBTI Type
iNtp
First of all, NT :hug: (NFs will hug anyone, for any reason. When an NT hugs you, you know they mean it :D)

Second, you're an INTJ. Well, every mad scientist or evil genius was hurt deeply, right? Just think of this as solidifying your villain credentials. Your world domination potential probably increased at least threefold!

INTs when they fall, they almost free fall. It's a scary on several levels and also kind of wonderful if you can handle it.

If only young NFs understood this better. Free fall's kind of a scary place to be, and when the parachute you were counting on never opens... :cry:

By the way - I have tremendous sympathy for you. While I don't know the whole story, I've come to despise the NFP (I've always considered it more of an ENFP thing, but us INFPs can be bad about it too) tendency to put alot of effort into opening someone up, and then moving on once they do.

Also this. If an INT trusts you enough to really open up to you, then just disappearing on them when they do hurts more than a little. Don't frigging do this please :steam:

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Who's an INTJ?

Oh, the poster of this thread. He'll plot revenge on that INFP forever :p

Cheetah

MBTI Type
iNtp
And I don't want revenge, I want him to be happy.

:cry:

No need for revenge on him. There's a whole world waiting for a weather control device-wielding Shrek character to rule it ;)

souffle

MBTI Type
INFP
But dialogue is allowed to be imperfect grammar... :( But I shall accept your love just the same. :hug:

I don't know. Fi is like, the core of the INFP. We speak it. We breathe it. We are Fi. But then INTJs are different. :tongue:

Right now I'm talking with this INTJ, majorly depressed about being dumped. (Who dumped him was actually an ESFJ, but that's not important.) So this boy is now just....you know, "depressed" doesn't even cut it. You guys have like these tough exteriors and then with enough prodding you go to mush and cuddles, and I guess INFPs are opposite. We look all delicate and cute, but then inside, we're like a rock. We know what we are and what we want because, hello, we know our Fi.

Fi can be kind of selfish. Not in a horrible way, but an INFP knows what it wants when getting into something like a relationship. If the INFP realizes that what they want won't be there, they know this isn't satisfying enough to continue.

(Psst. A secret: Sometimes the INFP is wrong about that. I know I've been wrong before. :D)

You mean there's a danger that we'll get it wrong? Crud. How much can we trust ourselves, then? When do you draw the line between a reliable instinct that it isn't what we're looking for, and cold feet or over-perfectionism?

LEGERdeMAIN

If you're an icy bitch, he probably did what I do. I use my cuddly sex charms to lure in icy bitches and give them what they deserve. because I'm satan or something.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you're an icy bitch, he probably did what I do. I use my cuddly sex charms to lure in icy bitches and give them what they deserve. because I'm satan or something.

You better be joking...

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Exhibit A, your honor.

See, what did I tell you about INFPs? ;)

INTJs, stick to ISTPs... or something. Just quit letting these guys suck you in. For your own health.

INFPs belong with ISxJs, not INTJs, IMO. The Si keeps them on the straight and narrow, and the Ne helps the SJ open up.

LEGERdeMAIN

Exhibit A, your honor.

See, what did I tell you about INFPs? ;)

INTJs, stick to ISTPs... or something. Just quit letting these guys suck you in. For your own health.

INFPs belong with ISxJs, not INTJs, IMO.

so.....Athenian, what are you doing later?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess I'll have to add this to the reasons I hardly get along with others of my type...

will5250

MBTI Type
INFP
One INFP here without mother issues - other than that she's an ENFP and talks ALL the time... we get along famously as long as we don't have to live under the same roof.

As to the relationship issues - you're getting a lot of good input Cranky, so there's not much I could add. My experience was with an ENTJ, so is of limited use here, I think. ---I wouldn't mind a white knight of my own, though--- *sigh*
I also had no mother issues, well, on second thought some, but I didn't realize I had them until I was grown. The only issues I had with my Mother were related to invalidation. I had more Father, Brother, and Male peer issues than Mother issues.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One INFP here without mother issues

Make it two....I love my ISFJ mommy :wubbie:. Of course we clash at times, but who doesn't clash with their mom sometimes. And I loved being kid. Happiest time in my life. Now the teen years...errrr....

But dialogue is allowed to be imperfect grammar... :( But I shall accept your love just the same. :hug:

I don't know. Fi is like, the core of the INFP. We speak it. We breathe it. We are Fi. But then INTJs are different. :tongue:

Right now I'm talking with this INTJ, majorly depressed about being dumped. (Who dumped him was actually an ESFJ, but that's not important.) So this boy is now just....you know, "depressed" doesn't even cut it. You guys have like these tough exteriors and then with enough prodding you go to mush and cuddles, and I guess INFPs are opposite. We look all delicate and cute, but then inside, we're like a rock. We know what we are and what we want because, hello, we know our Fi.

Fi can be kind of selfish. Not in a horrible way, but an INFP knows what it wants when getting into something like a relationship. If the INFP realizes that what they want won't be there, they know this isn't satisfying enough to continue.

(Psst. A secret: Sometimes the INFP is wrong about that. I know I've been wrong before. :D)

:yes:

You mean there's a danger that we'll get it wrong? Crud. How much can we trust ourselves, then? When do you draw the line between a reliable instinct that it isn't what we're looking for, and cold feet or over-perfectionism?

Yeah, I'm still trying to find where to draw the line... :D

:cry: :doh: