• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Bloody INFPs and their capacity to turn INTJs into fuzzy hug addicts.

Fecal McAngry

I cut all ties. It ain't happening again.
With him, maybe. But C.S. Lewis was an INTJ too, and he was right:

“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. The only place outside of heaven where you can be perfectly safe from the dangers of love is hell."

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
:hug: :)

btw... reading this thread kind of reminds me of my friendship with an INTJ. this was some time ago and being introverts and living far away from each other we kind of lost touch over time (we still talk sometimes, but not that much). anyway... i always loved her mind and her efficiency. she was very loyal, also... all in all very sweet (although sometimes annoying), but she was kind of sad inside... really felt like she couldn't trust anyone.

i just wanted to make it better for her. i genuinely thought that i had something to give her... and vice versa. my eyes opened though, when i realized that i hit a nerve. i backed up, but it was too late. i felt like "oh no... now i have all this responsibility" ... because she really didn't seem to know what she was doing anymore after that. it was like she was expecting me to do something about it, but i didn't know what i was supposed to do. i thought we just shared thoughts, but i realized that what i had done was to make her doubt herself.

we stayed friends and i tried to be supportive, but i also kept my distance. i did it so that i wouldn't make things worse. i don't know how she felt about it, though. i kept getting this vibe that she thought that i was judging her, or that i didn't care about her, even though i wasn't and i did. i still do. now i'm just careful of what i say to her. all is well, if we don't get into deep conversations.

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:hug: :)

btw... reading this thread kind of reminds me of my friendship with an INTJ. this was some time ago and being introverts and living far away from each other we kind of lost touch over time (we still talk sometimes, but not that much). anyway... i always loved her mind and her efficiency. she was very loyal, also... all in all very sweet (although sometimes annoying), but she was kind of sad inside... really felt like she couldn't trust anyone.

i just wanted to make it better for her. i genuinely thought that i had something to give her... and vice versa. my eyes opened though, when i realized that i hit a nerve. i backed up, but it was too late. i felt like "oh no... now i have all this responsibility" ... because she really didn't seem to know what she was doing anymore after that. it was like she was expecting me to do something about it, but i didn't know what i was supposed to do. i thought we just shared thoughts, but i realized that what i had done was to make her doubt herself.

we stayed friends and i tried to be supportive, but i also kept my distance. i did it so that i wouldn't make things worse. i don't know how she felt about it, though. i kept getting this vibe that she thought that i was judging her, or that i didn't care about her, even though i wasn't and i did. i still do. now i'm just careful of what i say to her. all is well, if we don't get into deep conversations.

I always liked those INFPs..>3>