• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Bloody INFPs and their capacity to turn INTJs into fuzzy hug addicts.

LEGERdeMAIN

I do costuming, so I'm thinking it would be pretty easy.

:devil:

:jesus:

oh really?? rawwwwwwr or something

do you have one of those e-stores I can buy costumes from??? I need a large bird costume, preferably yellow.

Gothmawg

MBTI Type
INFP
Cranky asked me to stop by and give my take, soooo...

OrangeAppled has some strong insights into how the INFP works. However, as she noted they are generalized but I do believe that they address some of the more obvious traits.

My post is going to be more personal and give you a clear idea of how an INFP mind works.

I am an idealist and a romantic. I never really know how I'm going to react to someone or how far I'll go until I get there. I often find where people draw their personal boundaries before I've found mine. The key to this is I will generally give what I feel is a little more to the relationship (not necessarily romantic) than I am getting which in turn tends to make the other person give more back. This continues until one person has reached their boundaries of what they are willing to give. This can and will go up and down as things develop and people find out more about one another and the situations we find ourselves in.

The intensity of the relationship will often dictate how important it is to me, so it means that it needs consistency of some sort to continue or to grow. Cranky can attest that after almost 12 years of not seeing each other, we picked up pretty much where we left off. I have had people come into and out of my life and back into it almost my entire life and it's never been different. I miss those who have taken different paths or have passed, most of them a great deal but I will not chase them. If I were to turn away, it would be a very difficult thing to do and the last thing I would want is to be chased.

I could go on trying to explain the spider's web of feelings that influence my decisions in how I interact with people

More to the point and answer the question is this:

How do we do it? We have a deep affinity for people. I mean look at the letters in our type, it screams of our ability to feel, sense feelings, learn and observe. I'm not saying every INFP is the same (I'll address that in a different post). However, the ability tends to be natural and takes time and effort to understand...Like any skillset. This tends to make us seem very friendly, compassionate and kind. This can be seen as a weakness obviously, but it can also make us desireable as well. Does it make it less real? Less true? No, the INFP feels everything, and if anything is not honest about it, it is generally that they are not being honest with themselves about what they might want...instead they believe that what is given freely doesn't come with a price, or expectation beyond treating others like they want to be treated.

As to why he did it, you can take what you will from what I wrote above as to that. I cannot say what he may have been feeling since I don't know the gentleman well enough. Did he act out of character for INFP? From what I've learned, he did not.

Honestly it seems like it was a problem in communication, and that falls to both of you to find a way that suits both of your styles if you are unable to 'cross over' to the other's method of communication.

Cranky

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Cranky asked me to stop by and give my take, soooo...

OrangeAppled has some strong insights into how the INFP works. However, as she noted they are generalized but I do believe that they address some of the more obvious traits.

My post is going to be more personal and give you a clear idea of how an INFP mind works.

I am an idealist and a romantic. I never really know how I'm going to react to someone or how far I'll go until I get there. I often find where people draw their personal boundaries before I've found mine. The key to this is I will generally give what I feel is a little more to the relationship (not necessarily romantic) than I am getting which in turn tends to make the other person give more back. This continues until one person has reached their boundaries of what they are willing to give. This can and will go up and down as things develop and people find out more about one another and the situations we find ourselves in.

The intensity of the relationship will often dictate how important it is to me, so it means that it needs consistency of some sort to continue or to grow. Cranky can attest that after almost 12 years of not seeing each other, we picked up pretty much where we left off. I have had people come into and out of my life and back into it almost my entire life and it's never been different. I miss those who have taken different paths or have passed, most of them a great deal but I will not chase them. If I were to turn away, it would be a very difficult thing to do and the last thing I would want is to be chased.

I could go on trying to explain the spider's web of feelings that influence my decisions in how I interact with people

More to the point and answer the question is this:

How do we do it? We have a deep affinity for people. I mean look at the letters in our type, it screams of our ability to feel, sense feelings, learn and observe. I'm not saying every INFP is the same (I'll address that in a different post). However, the ability tends to be natural and takes time and effort to understand...Like any skillset. This tends to make us seem very friendly, compassionate and kind. This can be seen as a weakness obviously, but it can also make us desireable as well. Does it make it less real? Less true? No, the INFP feels everything, and if anything is not honest about it, it is generally that they are not being honest with themselves about what they might want...instead they believe that what is given freely doesn't come with a price, or expectation beyond treating others like they want to be treated.

As to why he did it, you can take what you will from what I wrote above as to that. I cannot say what he may have been feeling since I don't know the gentleman well enough. Did he act of character for INFP? From what I've learned, he did not.

Honestly it seems like it was a problem in communication, and that falls to both of you to find a way that suits both of your styles if you are unable to 'cross over' to the other's method of communication.

He was SUPPOSED to set me up with some of his hot INFP brethren. Also, to tell everyone here that I'm completely awesome. Quit being all insightful and stuff.

FAIL, Gothmaug.

:offtopic:

:yes:

Gothmawg

MBTI Type
INFP
You mean you aren't hawt for me now? Damnit, I was being all sensitive and...

Damn..

Cranky

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Just like locusts.....:moodeath:

:D

If my sense of humor was operating at full capacity, I'd be joking about being eaten by a plague of INFPs right now. It would be a funny joke, too.

:boohoo:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
If my sense of humor was operating at full capacity, I'd be joking about being eaten by a plague of INFPs right now. It would be a funny joke, too.

:boohoo:

You'll work it out. It just takes time.

Meanwhile. I'll be making off color jokes, smart-ass remarks, and strange comments, to keep you entertained. :)

Time to go pick my teeth...Got a little gristle in them from the last INTJ I had for lunch. :newwink:

Cranky

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6

Meanwhile. I'll be making off color jokes, smart-ass remarks, and strange comments, to keep you entertained. :)

Time to go pick my teeth...Got a little gristle in them from the last INTJ I had for lunch. :newwink:

Dude. That WAS an off-color joke.

:doh:

Wow. My humorz just ain't alive an' kickin'.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Dude. That WAS an off-color joke.

:doh:

Wow. My humorz just ain't alive an' kickin'.

I thought so.

But I didn't want to give you the satisfaction of knowing about the odd, or shall I say kinky, image I saw in my mind when I read that...:D

*wink wink* *nudge nudge* *say no more*...

Gothmawg

MBTI Type
INFP

I find xNTJ to have gooey centers under their shells. Like M&Ms.

Warm them in your hand a bit and they melt all over :wubbie:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Guess this means I shouldn't put an INTJ in my pocket then, huh?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Make that +2. ISFJ mommy, represent! :D

I also noted that I love my ISFJ mommy a few pages back.... :wubbie:
I think ISFJs are wonderful moms for INFPs. They are very nurturing and anchor us where we need it.

Cranky

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I'm INFJ and when I'm heart broken, two things happen:

I eat ice cream.

I play the guitar to accompany myself singing sad old songs.

I try not to cry because it gives me a headache after.

You sound like your solution is "keep busy." That's a good solution.

Personally, I go ahead and wallow. Eventually, I will reach a point of excess that even I can't tolerate, and I'll have to right myself.

Here's a hug.:hug:
Here's another one. :hug:

Ok, so remembering how to play the piano again after some time is tough! Possibly I'm wallowing a bit in playing blues piano...

The sky is cryin....cant you see the tears roll down the street
The sky is cryin....cant you see the tears roll down the street
Ive been looking for my baby
And I wonder where can he be

I saw my baby early one morning....he was walking on down the street
I saw my baby early this morning....he was walking on down the street
You know it hurt me, hurt me so bad
Made my poor heart skip a beat

Ive got a real real real real bad feelin
That my baby he dont love me no more
Ive got a real real bad feelin that my baby dont love me no more
You know the sky, the skys been cryin
Can you see the tears roll down my nose

...but for some reason it's making me feel better. It's been a while, though...my hands are sore! (SHUT IT, Biaxident...)

I guess I feel like if I have to hurt like this, I might as well get something out of it...

:cool:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
+3 on the ISFJ mother from this XNFP