• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Jerkbag having panic attack...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, so I've been semi-consistently insensitive for the last few months to a year so I'm prepared for some laughs.

A month ago my brother asked if he could move across the country to stay with me as a way to give himself a change of scenery and maybe an improvement in social surroundings. I told him to give me a week to think about it and he did. I nearly said no, but I get the feeling he's grown up a bit since we were kids and I said yes.

He's going to be here tomorrow now and I feel like I'm working on panic mode. A month away, no problem. The most energetic person I've known in my life suddenly under the same roof as me... WHAT AM I DOING!!!

Ok, as an adult I am sure things will be fine and I did make it known that a 6 month trial period will be in place on this issue. Yes, I've covered my ass in that regard. The probem is, the childish part of me is still shaking in terror as I fight off a few old memories.

My guess for him is ESFP, though I'm quite prepared to be wrong. Growing up together was interesting at best and dungeon of torture at it's worst. He is amazing smart; espeically when it comes to what buttons to push with a person and I have gotten myself into a lot of trouble retaliating to this. Once our step-dad has told me that my brother is lucky I am so patient, because most brothers would have killed him (not grant him a near brush with death experience and cackle while he screamed).

I'm older now, though and so is he. We've been able to talk about our stupidity growing up as adults and have a better understanding of eachother now. He's also said that he won't be looking to me to keep him entertained. But why am I still worried?

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
I like your title, not your situation. I am guessing that your the older brother, but you might want to clarify. Anyways good luck.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But why am I still worried?

Pavlovian response, most likely. If the two of you have indeed grown up, then you should be able to communicate through whatever issues arise. It may not be easy, but easy is boring, right? :D

Anyway, it sounds like you've covered yourself if it doesn't workout. Good luck, man!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am the eldest, of all us kids, anyway; he's the second with 5 of us in total.

Edit: and I fucked up on the day, he's going to be here in two hours! FUCK!!!!!!! I don't have his room any where NEAR ready! :doh:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Why is your brother having a panic attack?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why is your brother having a panic attack?

No, it's me who's going nuts (and eating ice cream because ice cream is kind to me, on the way in that is); unless you're making the comment that I'm not a jerkbag...

Usehername

On a mission
No, it's me who's going nuts (and eating ice cream because ice cream is kind to me, on the way in that is); unless you're making the comment that I'm not a jerkbag...

I'm the oldest of four with an ESFP sister 2nd in command. When she moved out to go to a different city for university and then came back to visit for a few weeks this summer, she was actually really great. Though before she moved she was only too reigned in with rules from my ISFJ mother, she wasn't a terror. ESFPs can be mature if no one is dictating their lives. :)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm the oldest of four with an ESFP sister 2nd in command. When she moved out to go to a different city for university and then came back to visit for a few weeks this summer, she was actually really great. Though before she moved she was only too reigned in with rules from my ISFJ mother, she wasn't a terror. ESFPs can be mature if no one is dictating their lives. :)

Eh, mom was a broken ESFP who let him do what he wanted and only yelled when I did. Him and my mom moved out when I was 16 and I didn't live with them again till I was 21. At that time he was still a pain, but mostly because he could bully mom and he was always getting guilable boyfriends. Last time I saw him though was last year and he had made leaps and bounds over mom who as there at the same time for me to compare. They had been living a part for about two years by then and it was quite the difference. I'm just hoping what I picked up in our recent phone conversations was real and not me trying to make up situations out of hope.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
:hug: Of course I'm saying you're not a jerkbag. :hug: You're a good brother. Probably too good because you apparently take in strays like I do.

You know, looking at the bright side, this could possibly be good for your social/love life. He might expand your circles and stuff.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:hug: Of course I'm saying you're not a jerkbag. :hug: You're a good brother. Probably too good because you apparently take in strays like I do.

You know, looking at the bright side, this could possibly be good for your social/love life. He might expand your circles and stuff.

Hahahaha, He's family and he has never really screwed me over. That said he's going to be giving me money and practising Japanese with me. The social life and love life on the other hand I hadn't thought of and may do that too.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, he's here and way more calmed down than I thought. He still likes to fill the air with noise, just not as hyper about it. I wonder if he's just jet lagged though...