• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP and Exercising

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
i train with my team-mates. so i can't stop running half-way even if i wanted to, because they won't let me. picture nagging and dragging.
maybe training with SJs and SPs might help. SJs because the idea of quitting shocks them. and SPs keep cajoling/poking me to go even further.
when i was a kid, i kept swimming by imagining that sharks were chasing me :) that's how you spot the Ne's.

Yeah that's a good idea. I need to start making some friends at my gym!

RobinsonCrusoe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
i recently stopped doing treadmill & running workouts, and switched to playing pickup basketball and football. i saw two immediate benefits: a) lost more bodyfat because high-intensity workouts are better at zapping fat than endurance workouts and b) felt more fufilled because i was having a good time with other people.

enfp's need to do things with others to stay motivated. you can also do some kickboxing or join a volleyball league. leave the treadmill workouts to the introverts.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
I've never been able to do it. I can walk, but its sporadic at best. Besides work and raids, scheduled ANYTHING doesn't work for me. Luckily I don't have a weight issue - yet. That may change at 35 then Ill be breaking my neck to get to a gym....

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Sport works best for me. I play sport 3 or 4 days a week. I don't do gym ever. Maybe push ups, sit ups, chin ups, etc. as a morning routine when I need to be a bit more fit. Go for runs occasionally when I'm training or not getting exercise any other way.

Find a sport that feels addictive for you. I find team sports with a bit of action and tactics are good. I'm not sure it's type related though.

Chloe

I cannot focus enough to exercise for longer than a 20 minute period. Even if I listen to music, or watch TV. Any ENFPs (or others) have advice to get me motivated and dedicated? I'm not overweight, I just want to keep myself fit.:)

do 20 minutes, and then do 20 minutes again. :hug: