• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do you ever just 'know' how things are going to pan out?

wolfy

awsm
I know what is going to happen and am almost always right. You just have to know how to spin it.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm an NF, and I agree. I think some people are quite perceptive, but anyone who thinks they're always right about this sort of thing usually has their own perception of reality, or a way of putting their own spin on things...

Yep. I'm arrogant, but not THAT arrogant :D

dani_elle

MBTI Type
ENFP
I sometimes get a very strong gut feeling on how things might happen, and they do happen. I won't say I'm always correct and I try to keep an open mind but eh, it sometimes is just... freaky :shock:

~~ENFJ~~

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Whenever I have noticed enough details to believe I have a guess or a pretty darn good idea of what is going to happen, I'm almost always accurate. I often have no clue and make no attempt to guess, and in that case will run through the most likely scenarios based on what I know about people in general and the ones involved in particular, but am not attached to a particular outcome as the likely one.

When I get enough info that I have a better idea (most of it things others don't notice about facial expressions, tone of voice, choice of words, stuff like that that I couldn't really explain to another person because they're discreet and it is the complexity of how they work together that is really the key), I eliminate some of the likely outcomes and take a guess at which of the remaining ones could be the most likely. I'm still not particularly attached to one or another being more likely.

Once in a while I believe I know a person's inner workings enough, based on my knowledge of the person and the circumstances, that I can accurately predict an outcome. I've only been really wrong on those with one person to my knowledge. And that time I got it really, really wrong because what would have been reasonable assumptions to make about motives turned out to be inaccurate because of the person having a pervasive developmental disorder which provided motives I hadn't taken into consideration.

So I would say that yes, I sometimes just know how things are going to pan out and I don't believe it is anything about being psychic, just being well-attuned to particular attributes that make it easy to predict what will happen when compared to similar historical scenarios. Really, I think my personality allows me to most accurately choose a historical example to compare it to and that's why when I reach a point that I believe I have a good match, I'm almost always right.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I told you, noone knows how things will pan out, its either your subjective minds influencing you into changing your opinion in progress without noticing or some desire to know the newest story cause your life is boring.

Whatever it might be, if you need new chatter about people from the mbti forum, I am your man :)

tisina

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
YES and no one ever heeds my warnings and then I'm right and I facepalm.
in my head I think I'm always right because I only remember a select few times I felt that this was going to end this way... and I was right, I don't remember being wrong but of course I have been. it's impossible to not be wrong.
I just don't remember, it wasn't that important.

I'm usually right about people and their motives, so I guess that helps me guess the way a relationship is going to go.
plus people my age aren't really that hard to figure out; they're not as complex as an adult is.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There are oftentimes when I have an inkling or a hunch, without being able to explain how. I'm not infallible at predicting, but there are many times when I have been right, and don't even know how. I may also see multiple possible outcomes, and one of them ends up being close to what happens. If i don't like the way something is going to turn out, I try to altar the situation.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Sometimes things follow a similar pattern and the actors may be blind to it, leading to logical conclusion that certain results will be reached...

... But I usually try to steer away from such people.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The worst thing for an intuitive person is to hear some kind of TJ types say "But this is no rational". :dry:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Because I prefer using my intuition (6th sense) than using strict logic.

I know, but I just had to ask. Just today I pisses off FP over this topic, even if I really think that the job requires more strict vocabulary.
If you are going to talk in personalized definitions we will get lost quickly.

But ok.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, of course. I didn't get into the school of telepsychic for nothing.

It happens quite often. A lot of it can be chalked up to subconsciously comparing the current situation to past ones and computing levels of probability. However, sometimes I just pluck answers out of the cosmos with no apparent point of reference. Yet the outcome arrives as predicted minutes, days, weeks, or months later.

What ruffles NTs feather’s is that you can’t plot it out methodically with charts and graphs. That’s only because you’re not sure how you arrived at the conclusion. What you are certain of is that it will come to pass.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Regarding the thread: I know this pretty much all the time and I prefer to use logic even to try to get to the details of how things will play out or how exactly to counter what seem to be coming our way.
Often I even get frustrated since I have to push people around, which don't seem to realize what is coming our way. In my culture preventive thinking isn't developed at all even if it is quite efficient in most cases.

For me logic and intuition were never opposites, even before I new a the single thing about MBTI.

MyINFJness

Enneagram
My 'NF' is inclined to read others, and their intentions, keenly well. I quickly understand people on a far deeper level, and accurately, more than others tend to. People will tell me everything about themselves, even if I have just met them. And I will completely digest all of that information and create a sense or impression of that person-fairly spot on.
I don't spend a lot of time using this 'gift' on predicting the outcomes of relationships. Statistically I might not fare too well at that anyways given how some fairly bizarre matches can work phenomenally well.
I find myself more of an empath than an intuitive.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know, but I just had to ask. Just today I pisses off FP over this topic, even if I really think that the job requires more strict vocabulary.
If you are going to talk in personalized definitions we will get lost quickly.

But ok.

Ah ah :D And how do you TRY to piss some FP off ?

I always talk in "personalized deaf finitions" my dear. So you may get lost quickly, mind the gap :alttongue:

I do it to stimulate my own creativity. Totally selfish I know !

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Everyone is biased, we can all suffer from distortion and the unconscious remains a necessary mystery.

The intuition, instinct, aha moment and insight, are all just facets of the coelescion of information that is too difficult to consciously realise.

Unfortunately, like us, it is limited in accuracy and when indulged in too much it becomes instead a factor of conscious limitations and then paranoia, assumption and prejudice takes over from, and perverts, insight.

You have been warned.