• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do you ever just 'know' how things are going to pan out?

Lissa

Is your intuition uncannily accurate? Like for instance, I'm able to predict how relationships will turn out between people even though I'm not that close to them, yet people who are very tight with them won't see any of the stuff I notice coming.

Why is this so?

Is it solely an NF thing?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not really, no. I can guess at certain things, but I am wrong many times. More often than not, things pan out differently than I would have thought, but then I also tend to have wishful thinking. It's to the point where I feel like I have no control over my life, although I also reject the idea of fate. I think there are just too many variables in life.

There are circumstances in which there are clear signs, but then I'm usually not the only one who saw it coming. It's usually when I am outside of a situation also. I have a hard time being objective when I'm in the middle of it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think everyone has a certain idea how things are going to pan out, it's just that people treat it differently.

People who think they are psychic and know how everything pans out, tend to be pussies, who dont dare shit, while other people who make mistakes tend to trust more easily, in the hope of hope.

It's your choice, but one thing is for sure, you aint a psychic.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is your intuition uncannily accurate? Like for instance, I'm able to predict how relationships will turn out between people even though I'm not that close to them, yet people who are very tight with them won't see any of the stuff I notice coming.

Why is this so?

Is it solely an NF thing?

I must say that I associate the ability of NFs to "feel the future" and "know what's going to happen" with the prophecies of Nostradamus. If you make a 1,000 predictions, and 5 are right, it is not appropriate for you to invest lots of money in buying lottery tickets. :harhar:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ :laugh: I must be a bit rusty then is all.

Generally, I can put the dots together with relationships and predict.. but I'm bad at vocalizing feelings that I get. Articulating anything is something I struggle with. Also, contrary to popular belief, sometimes i am wrong. ... I know.

What I DO do a lot is think to myself for a split second "Huh. That guy might hit into the back of my car if he wasn't paying attention and fails to slow down." .. and then he does. :doh: even though normally I wouldn't bother with hypothetical thoughts that negatively effect me. :laugh:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also, contrary to popular belief, sometimes i am wrong. ... I know.

I'll pretend I didn't read that. :whistling:

... even though normally I wouldn't bother with hypothetical thoughts that negatively effect me. :laugh:

This is a good practice if you believe in manifest destiny! Don't think of shit that you don't want to happen! :newwink:

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I make all sort of predictions in my head(I try not to tell people). I'm almost always wrong though.:sadbanana:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I make all sort of predictions in my head(I try not to tell people). I'm almost always wrong though.:sadbanana:

You should start a church. People will give you money for that you know, tax free money! :doh:

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
You should start a church. People will give you money for that you know, tax free money! :doh:
:tongue: So true.**sigh** Unfortunately for my pockets, I've got morals.

Actually, now that I think about it Halla, I should start a church! How lucrative!! What should we call it, cause you're preaching brotha.:D

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
Don't ever watch a movie with me because I will tell you exactly what is going to happen, I can't tell you the amount of times that people asked me "when did you see this movie?" when I have never seen it. I just know exactly what is going to happen.

enfp1091

MBTI Type
ENFP
"life is just like a movie, omg"

I think as you, and I also think that's the most interesting thing of life. I also would want to be present when a tornado pass by. I know it's weird but it's aventurous and it's like the climax of the story. :cheese:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
yep, sometimes...I'm not clairvoyant, but I get pretty strong feelings about things

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don't ever watch a movie with me because I will tell you exactly what is going to happen, I can't tell you the amount of times that people asked me "when did you see this movie?" when I have never seen it. I just know exactly what is going to happen.

I can do this too, but I attribute it to bad writing and cliches :p

Lissa

lmao @ bad hollywood writing!

and i don't think i'm psychic, i just saying there are times i get a hunch about something (maybe a year or a few years beforehand) and it turns out to be right, when others who might be seen as more 'knowledgable' as me regarding x situation never see the stuff coming.

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
this is probably not about NFs/NTs alone SP and SJ could possibly do it as well. its just how much at a particular point in time one is in touch with his/her N.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've had instinctual feelings about someone or a situation and it pans out the way I thought it would. I don't voice these opinions unless asked for advice about a specific person or a specific situation but when I do my friends have said that I'm very good at it and usually right. This happened recently where a friend came to me for advice and I was surprised I was correct because I had never met the person she was asking me about. So I was wary to give my advice/impression but it turned out to be correct.

I noticed that when I don't analyze my emotions I'm good. When something acts as a catalyst for me to think about them...things get muddled very quickly and I lose my ability to see things clearly. Ugh. I hate feelings. Actually, I hate people asking me to think about them.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I must say that I associate the ability of NFs to "feel the future" and "know what's going to happen" with the prophecies of Nostradamus. If you make a 1,000 predictions, and 5 are right, it is not appropriate for you to invest lots of money in buying lottery tickets. :harhar:

I'm an NF, and I agree. I think some people are quite perceptive, but anyone who thinks they're always right about this sort of thing usually has their own perception of reality, or a way of putting their own spin on things...