First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    639 so/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Nevah.
    But I try to guess based on how they went before.
    I don't think that it's so personal
    Anymore
    I don't think that it's irreversible
    Anymore
    Sometimes I feel like I'm a sentimental trooper.

6w5 - 3w4 - 9w8 so/sp
    RLUEI
    Chaotic neutral.
    LII-Ne.
    Likes awbro liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

I can but I don’t usually care to do so.
    I did think I had magical abilities when I was a kid and into my early 20’s (to a lesser degree). Then I learned about micro-expressions.

Many years ago, I was out in Service with a dear friend (Jehovah’s Witness- going door to door). She struck up a conversation with someone and it was going well. My friend was so excited and happy when the lady was interested in a Bible study. When we made it back to the car, she was telling others about it. I just looked at her and said the lady wasn’t really interested at all. She was just being polite and nice.
    Sure enough, the study never happened lol. She never forgot about that day when I burst her bubble and frequently turned to me later for my read of the person.

I’ve had countless similar such occurrences throughout my lifetime.
    I think it’s the result of a good balance of the functions. I’ve only been wrong a couple of times.

But predicting relationships and such? Not my business, not my thing. If I know someone and sense they’re troubled, I’ll reach out to act as a sounding board but that’s about it.
    Governments and fashion?- even less of my thing rofl.
    Likes awbro liked this post

Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Sometimes, but I don't think it's really intuition or "magic." For me, it's more considering all the variables in a situation and predicting from there what might happen. I get some pretty far fetched ideas that are very out of touch, unlikely to happen, and really just speculation, but when the information I'm using is more grounded in reality the predictions tend to be more accurate.
    Likes Zhaylin liked this post

MBTI
    xNFP

Sometimes I do, but often in terms of rationalization, not in a suddenly and out of nowhere insights. Actually, I even developed a way to guess results in a shooting game (team A vs team B) and I was right something like 15-20 cases versus 2 times wrong, but that went out entirely as rationalization, not raw intuition. And I do use it to my advantage, and I "change the future" when I can and it is convenient. There was a specific versus where I was able to tell my team leader that we were going to be brutally defeated 2 weeks in advance. He paid attention to me, he tried to take care of it, I tried to help, but, well, we failed and were brutally defeated 2 weeks later lol. I even held my laugh when someone said right the game started "we are going to kick their ....". I sometimes refer myself as oracle, and I sometimes I want to make people think its likef magic when it is actually smart and very well arrranged rationalism with some intuition.

However, it happens a lot to me to be accurate right by the wrong justifications, I mean, my why of the stuff happens sometimes is wrong, but it just happens by the way.

The cases where it comes unexplainable out of nowhere are rare, but when they happen (and I dont try to change it) I am mostly right.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    However this topic has a certain flaw in logic: If you have enough willpower and resources the future can turn out just as you want it to be. What is textbook self-fulfilling prophecy but future can indeed be "invented" with raw willpower. However judging by pure definitions this still qualifies as "just knowing the future".
    In most cases, likely, however not all cases. Sometimes the prediction is like a math problem: There are some cases where you are actually aware of the problem but you dont know the solution or the solution is only one.
    Just a random example, if you have enough resources to know that it is going to rain in the next hour, that doesnt mean that you have willpower and resource to stop the rain. You may have resources and willpower to know that it is going to rain but that doesnt mean that you can stop the rain.
    Likes awbro, Zhaylin liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Vendrah View Post

In most cases, likely, however not all cases. Sometimes the prediction is like a math problem: There are some cases where you are actually aware of the problem but you dont know the solution or the solution is only one.
    Just a random example, if you have enough resources to know that it is going to rain in the next hour, that doesnt mean that you have willpower and resource to stop the rain. You may have resources and willpower to know that it is going to rain but that doesnt mean that you can stop the rain.

To finally answer. Getting to the point where you want to be and controlling every detail along the way are two separate things. Therefore if you allow yourself timetable that isn't 100% rigid you can get the future you want without hitting every wall. Also if we take rain as a symbol of problems that still doesn't mean that you can't develop a skill to see it coming. Or that you can't organize a trip in such a way that you are sleeping in motels during the worst weather. Perhaps you can't stop the rain but you can find shelter and with that you have basically stopped the rain regarding your cause.

Also if you don't know a solution to a problem you can search for the person that knows it, after all we are living in the times where it is impossible to know everything. Therefore even if no one knows you can still make a foundation on which the issue will be cleared out by people who have some expertise on the issue.

MBTI
    xNFP

To finally answer. Getting to the point where you want to be and controlling every detail along the way are two separate things. Therefore if you allow yourself timetable that isn't 100% rigid you can get the future you want without hitting every wall. Also if we take rain as a symbol of problems that still doesn't mean that you can't develop a skill to see it coming. Or that you can't organize a trip in such a way that you are sleeping in motels during the worst weather. Perhaps you can't stop the rain but you can find shelter and with that you have basically stopped the rain regarding your cause.

Also if you don't know a solution to a problem you can search for the person that knows it, after all we are living in the times where it is impossible to know everything. Therefore even if no one knows you can still make a foundation on which the issue will be cleared out by people who have some expertise on the issue.
    Cool, it doesnt change what I said although. If what you want is to truly and completely stop the rain, you cant do it. You can change what you want however. Thats being adaptive, but being adaptive is one thing, changing the future is entirely different.

Cool, it doesnt change what I said although. If what you want is to truly and completely stop the rain, you cant do it. You can change what you want however. Thats being adaptive, but being adaptive is one thing, changing the future is entirely different.
    First.
    This is perhaps adaptation but this is still direct changing of the future outcome, adaptation is still changing the future since things went the other way than they naturally go. 10 000 years ago people got hit by rain all the time and that affected their health and property. While with modern construction this is not longer a serious problem for the most part. What suggest that that the natural course of events has been changed deliberately.

Second
    Your use of rain is fishy example to begin with, it is true that laws of physics can't be changed but just if one component can't be fundamentally changed that does mean that 10 others can't. If a individual can't change anything with it's willpower then the history classes in schools would not exist. Since "all those great man" wouldn't be able to do anything, what is obviously false. The rain was probably the problem for some of them in some situations but they pushed through it buy controlling other factors. You don't need control over all factors to change the outcome.

MBTI
    xNFP

First.
    This is perhaps adaptation but this is still direct changing of the future outcome, adaptation is still changing the future since things went the other way than they naturally go. 10 000 years ago people got hit by rain all the time and that affected their health and property. While with modern construction this is not longer a serious problem for the most part. What suggest that that the natural course of events has been changed deliberately.

Second
    Your use of rain is fishy example to begin with, it is true that laws of physics can't be changed but just if one component can't be fundamentally changed that does mean that 10 others can't. If a individual can't change anything with it's willpower then the history classes in schools would not exist. Since "all those great man" wouldn't be able to do anything, what is obviously false. The rain was probably the problem for some of them in some situations but they pushed through it buy controlling other factors. You don't need control over all factors to change the outcome.
    Back to square one then, you seem a little lost here.

By the way...I never said that everything is destiny!
    Rain was just one random example that shows that not everything we know its going to happen can be changed.
    As also you said, you cant change the laws of physics with just willpower. Thats another example.
    There is at least one case that is a future that you cant change with willpower (the laws of physics), so this topic does make sense.

Back to square one then, you seem a little lost here.

By the way...I never said that everything is destiny!
    Rain was just one random example that shows that not everything we know its going to happen can be changed.
    As also you said, you cant change the laws of physics with just willpower. Thats another example.
    There is at least one case that is a future that you cant change with willpower (the laws of physics), so this topic does make sense.

And I am talking to you about organizing the country/system and that rain is solvable problem. As long as you control it's impact/effect along the way it doesn't matter if it happens or not.

MBTI
    xNFP

"However this topic has a certain flaw in logic: If you have enough willpower and resources the future can turn out just as you want it to be. What is textbook self-fulfilling prophecy but future can indeed be "invented" with raw willpower. However judging by pure definitions this still qualifies as "just knowing the future"."

The whole point of rain was pointing out at least one case that, even with 'enough' willpower and resources, the future wont turn out just as you want it. As I said indirectly before, in most cases, with enough willpower and resources the future can turn out just as you want it, but that doesnt happen all the cases, so this topic does not have that flaw in logic. I am not talking about country/system organization at all or what to do to supress or reduce or 'control' (water will fall from the sky anyway) all the effects of a predictable and unchangable future.