• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ Engineers - Motivation?

PureStealth

MBTI Type
INTJ
Maybe your brain is also trying to tell you that you need to take a break for a little bit. At least as much as you can with your work load. Just don't try to overwork yourself and enjoy time with your friends before you go back to it full force.

I second this ^^ :)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
My husband took a test in high school to see "best fit" job. Engineer came in as something he shouldn't do. So off he went to engineering school to prove them wrong! Seriously. Im sure it's a wonderful way to pick a career.

He was a good engineer but it was never a good fit. He went back and got his MBA. Still not sure it's a good fit.

Did that help? I would suggest trying to focus on the big picture. My husband also lost it the last year of engineering school. Many people actually lose it the last year.

I'm not surprised at all that you are conflicting with your supervisor. You are going to have really sucky bosses (or bosses that you are determined are really sucky) once you get into engineering. Maybe take this as a learning experience on how to deal with a boss you don't like.

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
An engineering degree will still look good on your resume, even if you decide you don't enjoy technical work.

firstjudge

MBTI Type
INFJ
An engineering degree will still look good on your resume, even if you decide you don't enjoy technical work.

That's true. I'm sure there is lots you can do with it. You can get into consulting, training, or technical communications...

Fife

MBTI Type
INFJ
Thanks Elaur, that's good to know :)

Yep, I'm definitely not planning on spending my whole career in one field. I guess the next month or so is a matter of focus.

PureStealth: Nice try :smile: