• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJ - Image Concious?

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Is your image important to you as an ENFJ? Do you like to go out well dressed, putting the best possible foot forward?

(EDIT: sp Conscious)

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
A very good friend of mine is an ENFJ and is very image conscious... not in a bad way.. she is always well put togther and seems to wear stuff that is 'appropriate' for the occasion... She is really into fancy dress and stuff like that and seems to pay attention to detail... Like jewelry or her hair etc.... I ALWAYS look messy at the side of her... we could even be wearing the same outfit but somehow I will make it look scruffy and she will make it look all well put together and well thought out

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
To be honest, my image is important to me aswell. I just tend to have several images, so there are times I strinkingly wear non-fitting clothes. But most of the times even then they do fit in some way and convey exactly the message I wanted to be delivered.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
*one cent in the bottle of too lame jokes* :D

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The ENFJs I know don't care much about their appearance. They want to keep it no fuss and simple. They care more about their image in a personality way. My ENFJ best friend buzzes his hair off cuz he cannot be bothered to fix it. My ENFJ female friend says she has little interest in clothes/makeup/hair.

I notice with NFs though, it tends to go one way or the other. They either don't care much at all about their appearance, or they put a lot of thought into it and assign it all kinds of symbolism. I'm guilty of the latter :tongue:

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
This really depends. There's a guy on my floor that's basically a damn fashion stylist, and he screams ENFJ. The ENFJ women I know dress very well, but not flashy or traditional.

Then there's an ENFJ I know that is the biggest slob ever; he doesn't give a shit. At all.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
The ENFJs I know don't care much about their appearance. They want to keep it no fuss and simple. They care more about their image in a personality way. My ENFJ best friend buzzes his hair off cuz he cannot be bothered to fix it. My ENFJ female friend says she has little interest in clothes/makeup/hair.

I notice with NFs though, it tends to go one way or the other. They either don't care much at all about their appearance, or they put a lot of thought into it and assign it all kinds of symbolism. I'm guilty of the latter :tongue:

Same. I know two ENFJ's and both don't really care about their looks. Unless it's a special occasion, then it's all out.

G

Glycerine

It probably depends more on enneagram. Enneagram 3 and 2w3 ENFJs might tend to be more image conscious. For me, I rarely wear makeup or will go all out when i *feel* like it.

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
unless its a specal occassion anything regular does :D

Sad Lounge

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
?
As an ENFJ guy, I can say that most of the time it doesn't matter. I'd be content to wear jeans and a T-shirt. Albeit, the T-shirt usually has either an album cover, something relating to a band, or a clever saying on it. But I do like to express myself with my clothes. I wear a Fishing hat that I got from the Philadelphia Folk Festival, and Aviator sunglasses. I just feel incomplete without them. In the fall, I wear a Denim Jacket (coolness incarnate). I also wear plastic dog tags. At this one Insurance Company I work at, I used to wear Black Khaki Pants, A burgundy turtle-neck, and a grey and blue Argyle sweater-vest. Talk about flashy. I looked like a blackjack dealer.

I used to get buzzcuts as a kid, because I didn't like my hair long. But when I became a fan of Led Zeppelin and The Beatles, I decided to "Let my freak-flag fly." Now my hair is almost shoulder length. I love it. I'm waiting for it to be long enough to put into a pony tail.

I usually get very creative with Halloween costumes. Last year I was Castro, the year before I was John Lennon. This year I'm going to try the Abbey Road cover with 3 other friends. I'll be George with the denim jacket.

Ironically, I hate clothes shopping.

"Do as you're told! (unless told other wise)"

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
I'm wearing workpants I haven't washed in a week. What do you think?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I care about my image very much, both physically and perceptually.

I get my hair done regularly, I enjoy wearing makeup. I like looking as fashionable as I can afford to look.

Perceptually, I'm probably even more image conscious and my professional/casual divide is very strong. Professionally, I'm very into impression management and I'm a moderately high self-monitorer. To me it's more or less about taking on certain characters and roles as the situation calls for it.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
I definitely care about my appearance, I am always clean, well dressed and combed. I always say that is better to be over-dressed than under-dressed.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

i've been on both sides of the spectrum. i've always been restrictive with fashion choices when i get stressed (J --> Fe anxiety), but yet still very particular. when i am feeling extroverted i tend to experiment a lot more and go thru periods of expansion. and then of course are the times when i just go thru that flippant tossed together sort of approach bc i'm seriously distracted by my thoughts/feelings and don't pay attention to what others think at all while i'm wearing the same clothes 3 days later.

as a 5w4 as soon as i feel capable, i become very very expressive. but when stressed i just sort of withdraw expression in many areas of my life.

is this similar with 4w5s? or does 4w5 expression under stress just get wild and hysterical?

~~ENFJ~~

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I consider myself to be quasi low key about looks. I don't care about designer names, don't do anything with my hair other than a quick bun, and I hate clothes shopping. It's torture to me. My clothes are usually chosen based on what is clean (or the cleanest) and requires little to no ironing.

On the other hand, I don't go out without my make-up on and clothes matched and at least mostly wrinkle-free. I tend to like classic styles that are simple and clean with a little hint at fun. I frequently hear that I look nice, look dressed up, look well put together, that sort of thing. I think it is because the skirt and top I throw on is more dressy than the sweats and t-shirt some do. I don't mind others wearing sweats, but I would feel very under dressed to go out in public in them.

I guess you could say that I do care about my appearance, but am not narcissistic about it. I find that others care about my appearance far more than I do, which makes me self-conscious.

Oh! And hi! I'm new and came looking for some people who might "get" me and help me to "get" others.

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I'm very image conscious, I always try to look really tidy, clean and neat - matching clothes, hair done, nails done, a little bit of makeup. I sometimes wear scruffy clothes, but usually only in my more rebellious moments - from time to time I enjoy shocking people with sudden changes in my appearance :D

Last edited:

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
At least I am. Looks make huge impact on other people. It's like with speeches: HOW you say it matters more than WHAT you actually say :)
And, yes, I'm a 3w2 :)