• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] Ni Activities

S

Sniffles

Well I guess it must be working if somehow the discussion has gone from Ni-related activities to grabbing peoples' asses.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks Jag! Books are always helpful.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
As much as I'd like to spend hours reading about Pink's butt, I think we've gotten off-topic; which, ironically, as I now understand it, is Ni! So, then we're still on task? I'm confused. :crosses eyes:

Yloh

MBTI Type
ENFJ
As much as I'd like to spend hours reading about Pink's butt, I think we've gotten off-topic; which, ironically, as I now understand it, is Ni! So, then we're still on task? I'm confused. :crosses eyes:

Ok before you move on, I have something to say about Pink's butt. So is Pink's butt pink? If so, does that mean Pink's crap is pink? If so, I would like Pink to eat some coins so she can crap out pink coins for me. Those pink coins would be SO cute for my niece's christmas present.

Yloh

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Oops I think that was Ne, but anyways just try and go deep into your own thoughts and start making connections from different perspectives. One example is when encountered with a problem, try to think about how your friend would solve that problem as opposed to how you would solve that problem.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ok before you move on, I have something to say about Pink's butt. So is Pink's butt pink? If so, does that mean Pink's crap is pink? If so, I would like Pink to eat some coins so she can crap out pink coins for me. Those pink coins would be SO cute for my niece's christmas present.

:huh: If she did crap pink coins, I probably wouldn't admire it nearly as much as run away from it.

That said, I'm sure both the Piranah/Jaye sisters have lovely behinds. Not that I actually spend much time thinking about them. :blush:

EDIT: *clears throat obnoxiously* Alright, back to the topic at hand. Who's got more Ni action for me?

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
I agree with those who have said daydreaming. The kind of daydreaming that can sustain you in apparent innactivity for hours is good, but it's also my first recourse when I get bored two minutes into a conversation with someone (this is terrible and something I need to work on).

Another thing to try: Walk around somewhere, and practice seeing things as what you would not normally see them as. Don't see a tree as a tree; call it a branching organism anchored into the underside of a ball of rock that's hurtling around a ball of burning gas that's (more or less) adrift in vacuum. Alternatively, it's an incomprehensibly complex structure formed out of many, many pieces of quantum strangeness. For more fun, it's both of these things simultaneously. Don't just acknowledge that the tree is these things - see it as these things.

Or, for still more fun, see things as things that you actually really don't think that they are. It's not a tree, it's...what? A universe? An illusion? A conscious entity that's observing a non-sentient humanoid animal organism as the organism appears to observe it, but from the inside? For that matter, what are you?

I'm sorry if this is Ni flavoured by T; it probably is, but that's unavoidable. I'm not sure what Ni with F is like. But, I hope this helps a bit, or at least is fun.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I agree with those who have said daydreaming. The kind of daydreaming that can sustain you in apparent innactivity for hours is good, but it's also my first recourse when I get bored two minutes into a conversation with someone (this is terrible and something I need to work on).

Another thing to try: Walk around somewhere, and practice seeing things as what you would not normally see them as. Don't see a tree as a tree; call it a branching organism anchored into the underside of a ball of rock that's hurtling around a ball of burning gas that's (more or less) adrift in vacuum. Alternatively, it's an incomprehensibly complex structure formed out of many, many pieces of quantum strangeness. For more fun, it's both of these things simultaneously. Don't just acknowledge that the tree is these things - see it as these things.

Or, for still more fun, see things as things that you actually really don't think that they are. It's not a tree, it's...what? A universe? An illusion? A conscious entity that's observing a non-sentient humanoid animal organism as the organism appears to observe it, but from the inside? For that matter, what are you?

I'm sorry if this is Ni flavoured by T; it probably is, but that's unavoidable. I'm not sure what Ni with F is like. But, I hope this helps a bit, or at least is fun.

This sounds like such a good time to me :laugh:

Or look at the surface of a common object and imagine what it would look like if you were a tiny insect crawling along it's surface...(on a related note, I believe Uytuun once suggested pretending to be candy?)

Or look at something near you and think about how it could be made better. Then make it betterer.

G

Glycerine

Zoning out for a few minutes and just putting all your concentration on one thing like a green wall or a misshapen rabbit helps me to get "in the zone".

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
Or look at the surface of a common object and imagine what it would look like if you were a tiny insect crawling along it's surface...(on a related note, I believe Uytuun once suggested pretending to be candy?)
I don't generally involve insects, but certainly taking a thing and altering your conception of size so that instead of a thing, it's a place (or many places). I do that all the time!

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I used to think I was good at exercising my Ni, but now I think I need your help. What are Ni activities? What can I do to build on this very grounding and indecisive part of me?

I would think the easiest way for an ENFJ to exercise Ni would be to act like an INFJ. So here is what I would suggest. Go to a quiet and unstimulating place like laying in your bed or a room in your house without TV or radio. While you are there do something like

1) Think about an interaction you had recently with someone. Pick apart every thing that was said including tones, getures, facial expressions, etc.... Try to imagine what the person could have meant in each situation. Try to imagine several different possible meanings for each thing and then choose the one that is correct. After you've done this for the whole conversation determine what the person's feelings and motivations were during it.

2) Write down a dream you had recently. While you reflect on the dream come up with several interpretations for each part of the dream for what it could mean in your life. Then try to put it all together to figure out what the dream is really trying to tell you. Again come up with several possibilities and pick the right one.

3) Reflect upong the people and events in your life that have the most meaning to you. Reflect upon what it says about who you are and where you want to head. Try to think about as many people and things as possible, think of each one in several different ways to get to the true meaning, and then put it all together to see what that says about you and your future.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
^ Good suggestions. Analysis! And lots of it.