• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Kyuuei's Dream Journal

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I was in a small town in France, or at least what my mind perceives France to look like. I'm in a simple summer dress working at my other job, putting the finishing touches on my daily routine of deep cleaning sections of a restaurant that's too busy for the staff to do it (plus I offered them an under the table price for my services they couldn't refuse) and I'm quite sweaty and dirty by the end of it, and a bit tired since my full-time job needed me longer today than normal. I took my payment, along with my backpack that I filled with four jugs of water from the restaurant, plus one in each hand, and started to make my way home again.

Home, for me, was climbing 4 flights of outdoor stairs and climbing into a window on the top floor. It wasn't a room at all, just a door I keep locked that leads to the rest of a larger apartment.. the owner of the apartment is renting a single room out to me. My bathroom's shower plumbing doesn't work, I have to manually fill a camping shower with a water jug. Another jug is emptied into a pot for washing my hands and brushing my teeth. The place is probably 8x8. My mattress is on the floor, there is stuff hanging all over the ceiling to keep my possessions up and out of the way.. A hodge-podge of junk collected and re-purposed to my needs. I have a small shelf that's been repaired several times with string and tape that holds 7 study books.. I take down one of them and set it on the bed with a notebook, and after a quick, cold shower I wash my dress in the clean rinsing water and hang it to dry next to the rest of my wardrobe which doesn't have drawers they just continuously hang on the drying line strung up.

I'm exhausted, and I lean against the window so that the street lights will shine on the book since my room has no electricity either, and start to read the contents which is just an overview of the principles of biology. There is a knock on my entry window, and I startle a bit since I never have company... I shift over to the window with caution, peeking around the curtain hanging to see who it is...

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
It's freezing. I'm sick, and I feel it taking its toll on me since I'm not working nearly as fast as usual. My boss seems to notice, but since I keep putting on a front he's pretending to ignore it, which is all the better. At the end of the night, I fill my jugs of water as usual and head for the house. I look very odd to the people around me, since I don't have winter clothes to wear. I keep telling everyone I'm not cold, which is a lie. I slip through my window and slam it shut. Then get annoyed that my home is not much warmer than it is outside. The only heat source is the residual heat coming from under the door that stays locked. I immediately set a pot of water to boil on the gas-powered hot plate, pull out a slice of cheese and tuck it into a bread roll and grab a study book and proceed to camp next to the door, lighting a candle to see the words better.

I end up using the boiled water to make a cup of hot tea, some plain oats, and the rest to shower with. The water is not hot at all since I only had so much boiled, but it cuts the chill so that I don't feel so crappy from freezing cold water. I give up on studying two hours into it because my body is aching and I'm so tired.. so I curl into my bed and wait for my body to heat it up enough to fall asleep, mostly trying to think of ways to make this place warmer and how to get winter clothes to wear. I hear two people softly arguing with one another through the door, which distracts me from sleeping. I can't make out what they're saying, they're speaking too fast for me, but I thought I recognized my boss's voice for a moment.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
It's freezing. I'm sick, and I feel it taking its toll on me since I'm not working nearly as fast as usual. My boss seems to notice, but since I keep putting on a front he's pretending to ignore it, which is all the better. At the end of the night, I fill my jugs of water as usual and head for the house. I look very odd to the people around me, since I don't have winter clothes to wear. I keep telling everyone I'm not cold, which is a lie. I slip through my window and slam it shut. Then get annoyed that my home is not much warmer than it is outside. The only heat source is the residual heat coming from under the door that stays locked. I immediately set a pot of water to boil on the gas-powered hot plate, pull out a slice of cheese and tuck it into a bread roll and grab a study book and proceed to camp next to the door, lighting a candle to see the words better.

I end up using the boiled water to make a cup of hot tea, some plain oats, and the rest to shower with. The water is not hot at all since I only had so much boiled, but it cuts the chill so that I don't feel so crappy from freezing cold water. I give up on studying two hours into it because my body is aching and I'm so tired.. so I curl into my bed and wait for my body to heat it up enough to fall asleep, mostly trying to think of ways to make this place warmer and how to get winter clothes to wear. I hear two people softly arguing with one another through the door, which distracts me from sleeping. I can't make out what they're saying, they're speaking too fast for me, but I thought I recognized my boss's voice for a moment.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I was in the water.. In the middle of a lake. It was cold, far too cold for safety, but I didn't care just then. I was swimming as fast as I could, already burned out of my initial push for speed, making deliberate strokes to get to where I was going as quickly as possible. I was chasing something, I thought at first, and then I realized it wasn't moving away from me but floundering for its life in the water. It was someone. A young girl. I'd already lost my shoes and jacket in the water to gain speed knowing I very well just lost two of my wardrobe favorites. I shouted at her, at first sympathetically and then angry and urgent which got her attention and made her stop for a moment so I could grab her. She started to immediately claw and grab at me to push me under so she could catch her breath, and I ended up punching her in the kidney to make her stop moving. My face was flushed with annoyance, and I started to swim back with her in tow.. Not nearly so fast knowing she could breathe just fine now albeit labored and choked. By the time I got to the boat she had caught her breath, and there was some annoying lady screaming the entire time in alarm. I helped hoist her up, pushing me under once more, and she was quickly lifted into the boat.

Before I even had a chance to climb in myself two dudes lifted me up like a rag doll and put me down. The cold air was worse than the lake water now, and it only then started to hit me how cold I was. I looked over at the girl, a very very pretty young lady with women flapping around her like hens that just saw a stray dog, but they weren't cackling so loud anymore. One the guys asked me something, and I hadn't heard so I turned my attention his way once more. Then I noticed I wasn't hearing much of anything at all.. My ears actually hurt quite badly.. and my muscles were staying sore instead of recovering from shivering. And I saw him react differently, with more concern, and I felt a rush of warmth before I fell backwards off the side of the boat, losing my balance.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'm pacing back and forth in a room. A beautiful room, truth be told, with lavish sheer curtains and linens lining the walls and billowing in the soft breeze of the open double doors that lead to a balcony several stories high. The marble floors have my entire reflection in them, there are pillows strewn about the room and a vanity fit for a queen. The bathing tub there is big enough to be a small pool, and it is steaming with water. I look like a caged wild animal in comparison. My clothing is rough wool and leather made rougher with tears and mud caked on it, my hair is a tangled mess just as dirty as my skin, and my shoes are even falling a part. I'm angry...

A petite, light skinned woman walks in with a platter of food. Fruits, a few slices of hard cheese and some bread still warm from the oven and a large goblet of what seems to be wine. She sets it down on the bed next to a lovely, but not at all my style, dress. She then walks over to me, and pleads for me to bathe and dress properly for his majesty. I growl at her.. Literally growl. I don't trust the food or the drink here. I don't even trust her, poor tiny thing she is, even though she seems terrified of me. I stop in the mirror and almost don't recognize myself.. I'm absolutely filthy, I have scars down my arms from fighting, and my hair is literally defying gravity with the tangles it is in. A bath does sound good.. but I'm so upset that I'm being trapped here despite the guy making it out to be like its queenly treatment. I should be back out there, finding out what happened to my friends and helping them. Not sitting here bathing and playing politics with this coward.

After hours of pleading, I end up just feeling sorry for the girl since I know she's being pushed by people higher than her status.. so I agree to let her help me bathe. She's so timid and worried, every time I flinch from her trying to untangle my hair she jumps back or hesitates. Lots of oils, soaps, and scrubbing later the bath water is filthy but I no longer am. She's rubbing oils into my skin, and I didn't realize how bad I had smelled until I was clean again. She set my hair and squeaked out a shy, "you're quite beautiful, milady.." and I groaned and pushed her away. I threw my clothes into the bath water to try and clean them, and she started to tug on my arm (although she didn't make me budge with all her pulling at all) pleading wildly for me to abandon those clothes and wear the ones provided for me. I continued to clean them until they were decent enough, oiled the leathers, and hung them all out to dry.. but since I needed clothing until they were dry, I picked up the small clothes and dress provided on the bed. I looked like a lady.. Dreadful.

She asked if I would eat anything, and I refused. "But you are rather hungry.." she mentioned, sliding the platter over. I tell her she should eat a bite of everything before I will touch it. "I'm not allowed to eat these foods, Milady, they are ... my food comes from the kitchens..." I contemplate this a moment and tell her to eat this food with me, or order food she will eat too. She ends up sharing the platter with me after a few hours of waiting and her showing no ill effects.

I'm looking out over the balcony, watching the sun set, and trying to see my friends even though they're far too far away for me to see from here. It's not even the right area the window is facing, I recognize this city on the maps but it is was never close enough for my friends. There's a knock on my door, and a lithe, agile man enters.. not full of muscle, but in shape, far too tall for my liking, and arrogance might as well have been a fragrance oil he wore the way it stank off of him. "I hope you find my accommodations fitting for someone of your status, Milady.." he said as he joined me uninvited at the balcony. I continued to look out. 'As if I'm suppose to be so gracious of your accommodations.. what with being dragged from my battlefield, with my men, during the most crucial time of battle.'

He frowned a bit, I caught with my peripherals, stooping down to lean on the edge with me. "You know I worry about you.. it was getting bad out there." 'It is going to get worse in here if you don't keep your distance from me. My safety is not your concern, it is my treasure that consumes your thoughts. I told you when the war was over that part of it was yours--and I intend on keeping that promise.' "How can you if you are dead though, I wonder? No one else knows about our secret little pact.. I need you safe." 'So you already assume me dead? What a loyal friend you are... A greedy coward. If you were truly concerned, you would have helped us.' "You know my hands are tied politically.. my help I offer you is one of the upmost secrets my men contain. Any little slip and my plans unravel. You know I care for you.." I groan and push from the balcony. 'Men who care for me are fighting by my side. You might as well care about a rat, for all the help you give me. Backwards promises, secrets, and half-assed attempts at assistance. I saved your ass, and gave you this lot that you own now... I threw my old life away for you, and this. You owe me everything. I'm fighting to change things so that you can keep this comfy little cushion your ass is seated on, and you're too busy sipping tea with the Sharines to help--'

He had leaned in to attempt a kiss.. I responded with a suckerpunch to the throat. '.. Leave this god-awful prison you call a chamber. If you will not let me out, then I surely don't want you in.' He was so angry he punched me back in the gut--much harder than I hit him though less of a delicate place to be fair--and stormed out. The little lady servant girl came to my side to assist me into the bed, and lingered near my face for a moment longer than comfortable before shying away and rushing out. She was acting funny--like she was genuinely concerned about me.. or perhaps she was and I merely distrusted her since she was working for this guy.

I looked at the mirror for a while, loathing how clean and primp I was when I should be out there... I should have stayed dirty and smelly. The second meal she brought, when I made her eat it, she ended up with a reaction--though not what I would have expected. She started to be dizzy, and light headed, babbling some things in another language. I ended up laying her in my bed, and she squirmed around in it and I couldn't tell if she was acting horny or scared but it creeped me out. I ended up pinning her down to the bed by tying one of the pillow cases around her wrists so she wouldn't squirm around too much and then watched the night go by, thinking of ways to escape.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I was working for an odd sort of military. There were these bridge runners that ran along these bridges of all sorts that helped get our job done faster. Everything was over this really rough sea and the bridges linked everything, but the bridges were pretty dangerous to move fast along--trained people normally did it. One of them kept trying to convince me to go, but when I refused, he turned to run again and slipped... He fell for what felt like so long, and slammed into a concrete support structure before tumbling into the water. During my work week, I kept seeing him standing there, or talking, or just being there as if he were real again and hanging out, but when I started to talk back, or look away and look back, he wasn't there. I started to fear for my mental stability, thinking I was crazy for not just thinking I see him for a quick flash.. but seeing him for long moments, and hearing him talk, and it being real enough to fool me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was in a small town in China, helping cut meat for a local shop as my day job. The sky was particularly pretty this evening, usually it's so smoggy that I can't really enjoy the sunsets the same way I would in the countryside, but I could tonight.. So I hurried to finish my work, washed up in the sink, and then started to run along the alleyways to get to a spot on a rooftop that I like to see it better. I was a bit disappointed to see it was already set when I settled in, but I sat down anyways and let the last rays die down.. The city was already ruining the sky with its lights, but the city lights had an odd beauty to them too so I looked at them instead. I looked up, and I said out loud, "Where are you... Can you see them better than I can? Do you think I'll find you in time?" I heard a creak of metal behind me, and I turned just in time to see an, admittedly, small man try to grab me. I fall forward to avoid him, then mule kick the chair so it would hopefully slam into him. Without checking to see if that happened or not I darted to the right and jumped to the next rooftop--and then the next, hearing his feet close behind me, then I jumped down onto a melon cart below crushing some of the melons. I jump to the ground and run out into the street and start to evade people and bikes, thankfully the road was too narrow for cars here, and darted down another alleyway with better building and climbed a fire ladder up to the top. I jumped onto that roof, and just as I was thinking I was unsure if I had lost him or not I fell through the unstable roof and landed hard and with a bunch of dust and debris into the middle of a really crappy flower store. I ran to the front door--which was locked--and then I broke a window and climbed through it, and when I got to the other side I realized I was in a good position to see the building and the street through the other windows.. and this alleyway was a dead-end. So I just kept watching, and waiting, but the small man I saw never showed as far as I could tell. Finally convinced I shook him off, I tried to clean myself up some from the dirt, putting my hair down and taking off my over shirt to wear the camisole underneath, and walked casually out into the street as if nothing had happened, wondering where I was now and how far it was set me back getting home that evening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything in my house was backwards. The cat walked on 2 legs which was really almost creepy, the fireplace burned outside and it was dark inside, I took care of my nephew full time, my parents were timid and stayed in their rooms. I opened a present for Christmas and it was something I had already received from them the previous year--used games that I have already beaten. HFD walked out and came to me and sat down with me. I was so excited--I went to kiss his hand and he pulled it away and said "I do not want it." I was so hurt and shocked I just froze. He started to tell me, "No more crying, no more trying, no more worrying about me." He started to lecture me on how I seemed unhappy because of him. How could I seem unhappy? I started to say to him, while staring at my creepy two-legged cat walking coolly to the coffee table.. "... so if I ever cry again, I lose you forever...?" And he tried to argue with that, and I said quickly, "Then I won't cry anymore. No problem. But don't tell me how to feel.. I am happy, and if you cannot see that then I am sorry. But I won't lose you just because I felt like crying.. so I'll stop crying." I woke up drenched in sweat and feeling really cold.. It was icky.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Some drunk guy was hollering about something I didn't really care about.. What I did care about was that he was hollering at my friends. We were all hanging out camping, my parents were there, and a bunch of my buddies as well... My father had a spotlight on him. I had been practicing with my bow and arrow until my arms were shot.. which really didn't take long, couple hours. I couldn't even really pull the bow back. He started shouting threats, and he didn't even hear my sneaking up behind him.. I turned the bow sideways, bent it open wider with the string, then I looped it over his head and let the string go so that it shot back onto his throat.

The guy started to gag, and only then did I notice he had a gun in his hand, so I kicked him down with my boot and crushed his hand with it, and pried it free. I checked it, noticed it was still on safe, and rolled my eyes, tucking the gun away in the back of the waist of my pants. "Is everyone okay?" I shout out to my dad while I take a practice arrow and shoot the guy in the face with it since he's starting to recover. My father shouted back "Fine" and my buddies were rushed over to me by then. We hog-tied him and secured him to a tree, and told him we'd call the police about him in the morning since none of our cell phones had service out there.

I started to get too drunk in my dream to remember much else in clear details.. There were way too many dwarf-barbarian jokes.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
There's a huge battlefield. Arrows, swords, axes, energy, it's sprawling everywhere. At the top of the hill the battle is raging all around is a caster boosting the powers of everyone. A man who looks to be half giant with muscles bigger than my entire torso in his arms (Xaero) alone grabs the collar of a lithe, pretty young man with golden hair and bright red eyes named Camus. The giant yells over the battle, "You will! You will make up those memories, and feed Mini all the lies she wants and more, or we are lost! I WILL Have my daughter back, and we are too far in to lose her now!" The golden haired man looks disgusted--both with his friend and himself--and pushes him away. "This is wrong..."

Flash to: Camus is standing there with Mini, a far too tall white skinned (not pale.. copier paper white) woman with deep set midnight eyes and floor-length hair the color of a deep metal that moves on its own, creeping along her body and touching everything in immediate grasp. There's a small metal disk embedded into her shoulder, making the veins around it a sharp red contrast against her skin. She's holding a small sphere of raw energy, indicating she's one of the few that has been given access to tap into the power of the realm itself. "That's the true source of my power. I'm a parasite. Just as this device lets me live while living off of me, I, too, control the powers of the realm through others. The man at the bar fell in love with me the night I saved Mon.. If not for that, he would have died. But that man will not remember that love, nor will it ever blossom into anything. People's passion.. memories... they fade when I use them. They are pieces of people's souls, and the timelines associated with those souls, every time I tap into my power. I rob people of their happiness... So I try to only steal the memories aimed at me when possible.. ... This ball of energy is yours. This is the anger you held for me last week when I asked you why you didn't love me.. Why you couldn't give me a chance. You don't remember it because you asked me to use my powers to help your friend. So I did. This is the remnants."

Flash back: Camus is running to Mini, who is casting streaks of silvery energy all over the place and grabs her shoulders. "I love you! Mini, I have always loved you! I never told you because I didn't want to lose it! I wanted you to keep this memory forever, so I kept it! .. But we'll all die here in this battle if you don't use the realm. Feed off of all of my memories if you want! Take them all, if it'll save Mon and Xaero and Shannon! But please know I love you with all my heart!"

Mini's head is reeling while he's pouring this out at her--pictures that feel so real of Camus and her, fantasies in his head (which she is unaware he's made up) of them together, being happy, playful, in love.. She's shaking with the amount of emotion he's pouring at her. He's only replaced her and him with the memories of Xaero's vivid thoughts of him and his then wife, but it is enough to trigger something inside of her. She truly does love him.. She looks to him and kisses him fiercely, which he suffers through, his eyes open and saddened. She backs away from him, and starts to race for the hill itself.

Mini's moving way too fast to be natural. 'He loves me.. He loves me, and I love him. He loves me!!' She's the happiest she's ever been--and maybe a part of her is realizing she could add 'or ever will be' to that. All of the memories she has of him, even the bad ones, are bubbling in her mind and swirling around her body in wisps of white hot energy, like electrons. She's actually starting to feed off of her own energy and passion--her love being received and the knowledge of it has allowed her to tap into the ability to feed off of her own memories and passion that have been kindled by this discovery. The air around her starts to glow brighter, her aura making white light pouring off of the energy surrounding her column from ground to sky, parting the storm clouds raging over the battlefield. Her hair starts to change color, the metallic particles that coat every strand dripping off of shocking red locks, her skin starts to meld into a deep cream color, her eyes are a loud red tone wide open. The realm's tendrils start to take hold of the aura, strips of bright green glistening energy slither and writhe all throughout the column.

When it is so bright finally that the battlefield has to stop its fighting to take cover, the light suddenly breaks up and bursts into the atmosphere, tiny snowflakes of pure energy drifting down like a light snow starting, breaking up into mist and then nothing as they touch things. The caster is mere ash, Mini is no where to be found. Xaero and Camus survey the field, Mon--then overwhelmed but finding the group unwilling to fight without the caster's strength to help them--makes quick work of what's in front of him. Victory chants from the Crossrealms are already flooding the hill.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
whoa.

...may i ask, are these stories? or do you go to sleep and this just floats into your head?

my dreams are like...going to the grocery, talking with people, sex, and occasionally convenience store robberies. even if it's intense or vivid or violent it's generally pretty much like my waking life, no energy beams or giants.

(ps, are your blogs more for your personal reflection or is it ok for me to pop in and prod like this on occasion?)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
whoa.

...may i ask, are these stories? or do you go to sleep and this just floats into your head?

my dreams are like...going to the grocery, talking with people, sex, and occasionally convenience store robberies. even if it's intense or vivid or violent it's generally pretty much like my waking life, no energy beams or giants.

(ps, are your blogs more for your personal reflection or is it ok for me to pop in and prod like this on occasion?)

Oh no, feel free to comment all you want! :D There was a time people commented more often, I record them because I was encouraged to do so, and I enjoy it now.

I don't really record extremely mundane (like remembering actual things that happened in my dreams, which happens a lot, versus something I made up in my head), non-sense, x-rated, or way-too-graphic-or-personal material, so there's no feelings hurt if I don't like a person's comment and it's interesting to see what others get out of it. Also, there's a couple people who have told me they just enjoy reading them, so I continue to post.

All of the 'stories' here are things my mind makes up for whatever reason. It is one of the things I like about myself--even if the dreams are sometimes very scary or stressful.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Oh no, feel free to comment all you want! :D There was a time people commented more often, I record them because I was encouraged to do so, and I enjoy it now.

I don't really record extremely mundane (like remembering actual things that happened in my dreams, which happens a lot, versus something I made up in my head), non-sense, x-rated, or way-too-graphic-or-personal material, so there's no feelings hurt if I don't like a person's comment and it's interesting to see what others get out of it. Also, there's a couple people who have told me they just enjoy reading them, so I continue to post.

All of the 'stories' here are things my mind makes up for whatever reason. It is one of the things I like about myself--even if the dreams are sometimes very scary or stressful.

Cool.

Like I said in your other blog, your bulk of material is a bit intimidating, so I don't know where I'd begin to read.

One thing right off the bat though, you have these characters? With names. Maybe it'd make more sense if I read back, but do you have recurring characters in your dreams? Or do you just find yourself in a dream with characters that you are familiar with somehow.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Cool.

Like I said in your other blog, your bulk of material is a bit intimidating, so I don't know where I'd begin to read.

One thing right off the bat though, you have these characters? With names. Maybe it'd make more sense if I read back, but do you have recurring characters in your dreams? Or do you just find yourself in a dream with characters that you are familiar with somehow.

95% of these are not linked with each other, so you could literally start anywhere and read a random one and it'd make sense.. I believe I have only recorded a couple continuous dreams. Sometimes I know the people, and I'll mask their identity with a personality type (like ENFP where ever the name goes, for example..) but if I don't know the person IRL and they have a name I will use it here. Xaero, Camus, Mon, and Mini are familiar characters, they used to be characters in a game we played as kids (though I only played the two M names myself, other people played the other names). But, there is a character in a rather scary (to me) dream of mine named Gil, and I have no idea who that guy is.. he was just Gil in my dream. LT, another example, was the title assigned to my Lieutenant.. but the LT in my dream was not my LT IRL. :shrug: It all just varies.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
My hand was on a pane of glass in a large, dark room. It was snowing outside, to the point where I could hardly see the evergreens through the fog of the drift falling as they spike along the mountainside, disappearing into a haze of gray. The glass is one giant window that let in the dull gray daylight that was the only source of light in the room. The room was entirely empty, round in shape, the glass the only break in the circle. My hand was on it as if it were trying to reach outside. The glass starts to bend around it, and it is taking the shape of another hand--fingers extending between my own, and coming down to slowly grasp my hand as if to hold it. When I try to push on the glass to hold it back, though, my fingers are firm and unmoving as if there wasn't glass bending yet not breaking all around it. I see my eyes in the reflection of the glass for a moment, then they focus on the snow outside as the storm and time continue to dampen the light coming in.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'm not sure if this dream continues from the last I posted--it is hard to see and foggy from the snow fall, and the clouds are dark and getting darker. I have a torch in my hand to light my way, which won't last much longer. It's surprisingly not too windy despite the storm raging. I make a small whistling sound, and it is so quiet outside and the storm's snowflakes muffle my noises, but even so a young not-quite-fully-grown dog bounds from the snow and makes almost too much noise for such a quiet area as he leaps through drifts to get to me. I look back, but I can't see what I was looking for, and I push on to the edge of a cliff. It goes down forever, and fog from the warmer ground below makes it impossible to see how far. The creaky bridge looms over it, disappearing into the fog.

I look at my torch and then the dog, and end up snuffing the torch out in the snow. I pick up the dog and hold it in one hand and, with a deep breath, I start across. Slowly, just one foot after the other. Sooner than I realize I cannot see either way--not where I came from, nor where I am going. The sky, the ground, the air around, it is all a haze of gray cloud with snowflakes materializing from them. The wind rushes along the cliff sides, and I realize I have forgotten how cold I was until I started to sweat this much. The bridge is steadier than it looks, which is a good thing because the dog is whining and squirming.

As fast as I was getting into the fog, it never seemed to end. One foot, two foot.. Left foot, right foot.. and still I am not coming across the other side. The dog finally hushes up, hearing something before I ever could, and the angle of the bridge starts up again to indicate the end of the sag. As the land comes into view for me, there are people talking. The dog growls softly and I smack its nose lightly to tell it to hush up. I still have a long ways to go on training it. I jump onto the land after a few faster steps, and the people that turn around are ones that I know, INTJ and ENFP. I was meeting them here. They're whispering for some reason, so I continue the notion and whisper as well. "Its perfect weather, you can't ask for better. The Gods side with us." Some quick, brisk words are exchanged, and my feet are starting to feel the bite of the cold through my boots. The dog is dressed well for the weather naturally, but some weatherproof socks on his feet help the rest. INTJ says, "We're meeting INFJ at a quiet bed and breakfast up the road to discuss the rest. ... Everyone is still sure they want to do this, right?" I look at ENFP and we simultaneously say, "No." INTJ rolls his eyes and we're off on foot once more, and all I am thinking about is steaming hot water from a spring to settle into.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'm relaxing in a hot spring.. the steam makes it difficult to see, but standing allows me to view the entire mountainside. It's a gray gloom of jagged, sharp rock that juts as far as the snow and fog will allow. The numerous hot springs along this area makes the fog especially thick. I think for a moment that INTJ picked a perfect location for this, then realized I'm freezing my ass off and flop down neck-deep into the water. I'm watching a baby monkey struggle to stay awake on the other side of the spring, thinking about if I am hungry enough to leave the water for the evening or if I can wait a while longer.

Not writing what happens here.

Anyways, it cuts to all of us eating in a small inn that runs the springs, and we're listening to others talk while we eat a modest, but warm, meal. I get the feeling we might be being too quiet, and I look to ENFP and say, "You know, I'll be glad when the storm is over. Just cold and more cold with no end to any of it." ENFP starts to agree, and I find my mind drifting during the light conversation to a few men at a table that keep making glances towards us. I'm fairly good at not making myself noticed in watching them as far as they can tell, but I hear INTJ's voice booming in my head even though his lips don't move. *They're watching us.* 'Yeah..' I agree by thinking the word, wishing he would hurry up and figure out how to turn the volume of his voice down when he reads the thoughts of others.
*We're outnumbered by them.*
'The one on the far side is a gimp--they were talking about his leg being fucked up when we walked in. And the small one is puny at best, if we rushed him and took the gimp out we'd out number them easily.'
*Since they're watching us, it must mean they want to fight us. What if they're just taking bets on who you're dating at this table?*
'What if, just for one day, you weren't a total jerk?'
*Point taken. I'll get the gimp, you take the puny one out.*

I looked at him, surprised, completely blowing the illusion that we aren't communicating while eating for a second.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'm standing at the edge of a cliff.. It's beautiful up here. The water below is crystal clear, and an absurd myriad of blues in comparison to the silt-filled waters I'm used to seeing. The cliff side itself is even beautiful, a striking mixture of oranges and whites from the salt drying on the sides, and the sky is clear besides far in the distance the storm clouds that aren't much of a threat to us.

"C'mon! You can do it!" I hear from below. Suddenly the cliff is much taller than it was when I was admiring it. It isn't that I am unsure if I am capable--I know fully well I am capable of jumping on my own. What I cannot decide on... is if I truly want to or not. I cannot tell if I am even willing to face my fears, or if I am completely okay with the fact that I am scared of heights. It's unsettling.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
There was a single red candle flickering in a large, dark room. There was a small, earthen bowl of water next to it, with some flower petals floating and steeping. I was sitting in front of the two, naked, but I had apparently drawn all over myself. I took one of the petals, and ate it. My mouth tasted like a penny. I took another and held it to the flame--where it eventually took and turned to ash on the floor where I dropped it. The third had sunk to the bottom of the bowl and clung to the sides. My fingers tingled, and when I looked into the water bowl I thought, for just a moment, I had seen the face of a man in distress. I looked to the flame, which flickered as if a breeze had went by, and back down but the reflection was my own once more.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
A nightmare I've had twice now.

I'm in a hotel of some sort. Some of the walls are doors disguised to be walls, and there are rooms inside. Each time I've had this dream, I've become overwhelmed with this sense of dread that someone is out to get my family and me. and I'm right. This time in the dream, I found my father and explained to him that the walls are false and that they're doors. I go into one of the rooms and there are people lying dead and bloody, but one is alive and attempts to attack me. I get away, and rush down the stairs to my sister, angry and terrified as I realize the entire hotel staff is in on this.. and the hotel is huge. I open the door and there's some animal scaring my sister. I yell at her to move. Why won't she move!? Doesn't she know I am scared too!? I grab my nephew from her and the monster runs after me instead, and I shut the door so that my sister will be, hopefully, safe inside. I look and it's a small alligator of some sort. I want to cry, or throw up, or something.. but my nephew is right there in a pile of useless baby. I end up wrestling the gator-ish creature and breaking its skull against the banister and grab my nephew. I try to scream for my father--again and again, but I cannot scream (because I am trying to scream out loud as well, and sleep paralysis is something I am blessed with during nightmares) my voice is gone, so I run back up the stairs and one of the walls is ajar. I push my way in, and my father and other sister are just barely visible in the dark, on their stomachs, with their hands up as if to surrender --

(This is one of those times I hope the superstition of if you tell your dream out loud you won't have it again is correct.)

Lark

A lot of people I know have had disturbing dreams recently, I have had some very disturbing ones myself.

It makes me wonder what is awry in the collective unconsicous right now that all the terrors are surfacing.