• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Psychic INFJ's?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Telling the future: Impossible

Bending spoons using the mind: Maybe. An acclaimed psychic bent my friend's keys before while my friend was holding the key. Saw it with my own eyes. He had to get close though.

Lily Bart

MBTI Type
INFP
I hate listening to people who tell me they've really, truly, God-as-their-witness seen the ghost of their great-aunt -- and I don't believe in ghosts because I've never seen one. On the other hand, I have definitely had experiences, which I never, ever tell anyone about. All I have for an explanation is that we are connected, to each other, past and future, in ways that we don't even begin to comprehend.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
>> we are connected, to each other, past and future, in ways that we don't even begin to comprehend <<

So true...

G

Ginkgo

Honestly, I don't think it's a INFJ thing or an IN thing. It's like experiencing deja vu, everyone gets these "feelings." Because someone stuck it in an INFJ description it's something only INFJs experience, now? Have you never read Ladies Home Journal?

You could say that INFJs aren't the only ones who have psychic experiences, but because of their mentality, they often emphasize these experiences.

In the same way that the INFP type description says that "INFPs often have a streak of tragedy in their life". It's not that tragedy is unique to INFPs. It's that INFPs tend to emphasize tragedy more when they speak to others.

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't believe in psychic phenomena. I do think, though, that INFJs have an uncanny perception of peoples' emotions that other types are less likely to pick up on.

A good friend of my husband and I was recently dumped by his girlfriend. We hung out with him at a bar for the first time since the break-up last night. The guy was laughing and drinking and from a distance he seemed to enjoy letting girls flirt with him. My husband and his friends all commented that he seemed to be doing great. Then a few minutes later I had a casual conversation with him and looked into his eyes and I almost had to look away because I saw so much raw pain. He looked like a pathetic lost puppy and his entire demeanor seemed sad and deflated. It was heartbreaking. I didn't understand how everyone else could have misread what to me appeared painfully obvious.

I'm not a psychic at all, but I am able to channel into others' emotional states very quickly, often feeling pained myself if they're in pain, happy if they're happy, etc. It seems to happen instantaneously and subconsciously -- I glance at them and somehow (I suppose from body language, intonation, etc.) I can easily read their emotions and motivations.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Some personal psychic experience:

I was fifteen days old when my grandmother was hit by a car and killed. One of my aunts was baby-sitting me at the time it happened, and she says I started crying like crazy and was unconsolable for an hour or so.

I often have premonitory dreams as well. They are never quite meaningful, really, but are clear scenes of a future event in my life. When the event takes place, I just freeze for a 30 seconds or so thinking, "Hey, I've seen this in a dream a few years ago." The weirdness soon goes away, and I start rationalizing and laughing at myself about it.

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Good post. I like your analogy of the filtering mechanism in human perception- (I.E., wanting to see what you want to see). I have noticed however, with your particular type INFJs- tend to be hypersensitive to criticism and jokes intended to be playful and teasing and tend to take very seriously what was often meant in jest. Just sayin'
:blink: I do so much quirky stuff :voodoo: that I'm often fondly "remembered" in amusing anecdotes... ;) It doesn't bother me.It's just for fun and lighthearted storytelling. . I usually laugh at myself a lot anyway because I do funny things. Howvever If someone is just being bitchy or nasty then they don't get away with it. There's a huge difference.
It's in the nature of Ni to see things from multiple perspectives and viewpoints, and to have a good idea of how an event will play out. You're not psychic. You just think you're special.

Youre not the only one, maybe only because I don't relate strongly to having thise clairvoyant-esque things happening to me. I have minor stories, but I think it's just that INFJs tend to be more sensitive to it than other types. It really doesn't make us all that much better than anyone else.

special...better than everyone else..... I actually do know a real psychic (not me) who does not work as a psychic and is not an INFJ and as far as I can tell it sucks to be one because you can't tell anyone because it could ruin your career and reputation and you're on constant information overload hearing people's gross thoughts and also have dead people hang out in your house and they don't care what time it is and that you have to go to work in the morning... This person I know is not nuts in the least and doesn't read people's fortunes, it's just something they were born with.
I don't also identify with the whole "INFJ supercomputer" description that some like because it's more respectable and understandable for others...like we were constantly going "Aha...shifty eye, bland shirt, wonky gait, airpressure...check past experience data...horses...(why did I think of horses...discard info)...-PING- The subject going through divorce ....end task.
:pedantic:
Sorry to stick to the more vague description but I'm usually minding my own business and pop!:cakegirl: I just get an idea in my head or a visual starts running like a movie or I get images or "an inner voice" that says "your grandpa just checked in ER"
:peepwall:
:truthy:
I don't know what the mechanism is or what the meaning of it is but that's how it happens to me and that's what I go by. I am a spiritual person and there is an inherent mystery to the universe for me that is somehow very relevantly ingrained in our everyday existence. Others have a very different interpretation of their insights but I do think it's not all necessarily so empirical and materialistic.

Cold Roses

I can only say that just last week on Easter I woke up around 1pm (I've been having sleep issues lately) and found myself playing a particular Neutral Milk Hotel song and sobbing. This isn't some usual thing. Then I went about my day. Just a few hours later I got word that a dear friend had died that morning from an overdose. Wasn't expected. He had been sober. The song I had listened to was resonant to this person and the situation. In addition, just a few days before I was sitting outside and I felt this imperative to call that friend. I acted on it, he didn't answer. Left a message saying I was just thinking about him. I don't usually feel like calling anyone, I hate the phone. But it seemed important to reach him, in that moment. I have had a similar experience surrounding a few other deaths.

Maybe I AM an INFJ and maybe I am not, though. Seems the likeliest. It fits, even if I would rather be an INTJ for some reason.

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Maybe I AM an INFJ and maybe I am not, though. Seems the likeliest. It fits, even if I would rather be an INTJ for some reason.
You can still be INTJ ;)
They're Ni dom's too. Not all INTJs are a stranger to strange phenomena. Sounds like Ni to me. I've been somewhat interested in all types of explanations for strange phenomena since a young age, as I think any reasonable person would be if they felt they somehow lived in an altered, more magical and lively reality than everyone else seems to. On my own personal investigations I came to found out that INTJs are prominently represented in the western esoteric tradition and master several very complex systems like renaissance astrology, tarot, goetian magic etc. So not everyone is into physics. There was a funny divide, though no 100% correspondence, but a rough one none the less at an occult forum MBTI thread of INTJs into complex systems like goetian magic, INFJs who were self labelled "mystics" and INFPs who were "healers". I'm not claiming a fact, just something of a pattern I humorously glanced with my vague peripheral vision.

Cold Roses

Odd that I chose to say that I was an INFJ that wished they were an INTJ. I don't even think I thought about writing that. The truth is more like: I am an INTJ who wants to be the softer, friendlier INFJ.
Whatever the case (and it is probably INTJ), I have a distinct interest in what a fellow INTJ that I love dearly would call hoodoo. Whatever, he likes his good fantasy and he is probably just jealous that
I am able to extend my mind in that direction and not be embarassed! Or something.

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
A case of a Freudian slip... ;) I think alot of INFJs are a bit jealous of INTJs being able to present their visions in clear logical systems and having that Fi independence...or atleast those are things I've been longing for at some point in my life. :) What is that thing about the grass being greener...

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's one example: I moved away from a place where I had lived for several years. A co-worker from my old place came to visit me in my new place, and she was catching me up on the news of the old workplace, where I had not been for about a year. She said they had a Halloween party, and said one person's costume was a particular success -- she dressed as ... and then the name of the character escaped her, and she sat there with her head down, concentrating, trying to bring the name of this character to mind, and I caught it and said "Oh! Elvira!" and my friend said yes, but also went pale in the face and visibly shuddered. It was quite clear to both of us that I had read her mind. I promise you I am not insane -- I have had bouts of depression, but it's been clinically verified that I am not psychotic. But this happens. If you visualize something strongly, I can sometimes pick it up.

I agree it's troublesome that this is included in the description because it can draw the crazies, but it's nice for those of us who are not crazy to see some verification of what we experience in the world.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Here is a good video for awakening psychic potential.