• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Male INFPs and Women

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Keep the restrictions of language in mind before settling. I've seen some very agreeable people online, willing to say anything to fit in - others just not able to adequately arrange what they intend to say in words.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Keep the restrictions of language in mind before settling. I've seen some very agreeable people online, willing to say anything to fit in - others just not able to adequately arrange what they intend to say in words.

That's completely fair. I wouldn't jump to conclusions on an INFP guy I met in person based off of online observations. And just to offset what I said, there are also a lot of very balanced & smart INFP men online also. I suppose what I really meant is they are just as varied as men of other types.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
physical attractiveness draws my attention, the content of the person keeps it.

what a typical thing to say.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I avoid verbalizing how I feel when I see pretties; as a result I have yet to be arrested for harassment. If I verbalized maybe 10% of what I thought I'd probably be in jail by now. I am, however, tempted to start saying more of these things to a girlfriend when they pertain to her. Nothing extreme, but start at about 1% and raise the dial as comfort allows. Maybe I'll manage to keep one longer than a month with that...

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I avoid verbalizing how I feel when I see pretties; as a result I have yet to be arrested for harassment. If I verbalized maybe 10% of what I thought I'd probably be in jail by now. I am, however, tempted to start saying more of these things to a girlfriend when they pertain to her. Nothing extreme, but start at about 1% and raise the dial as comfort allows. Maybe I'll manage to keep one longer than a month with that...

The gift/curse of a male INFP : A vivid and colourful imagination, a wonderfully descriptive vocabulary but a severe lack of confidence to voice out any of it :doh:

Silence11

MBTI Type
INFP
Well, as an INFP, I'd say that physical attractiveness is probably the first thing that draws me to a girl. Maybe that makes me shallow... that's fine. I want her to more than just physically attractive for anything serious to happen, though. But yeah... I'd expect to be at least physically attracted to a girl that I wanted to get to know more seriously.

hopeseed

MBTI Type
INF~
Enneagram
4 w5
Um...well...Let's go off onto the bizarre end of the spectrum shall we? ;)

I'm not saying there aren't some things I won't draw the line at. But I was speaking as a general rule. Hey, never rule out anything.

:hug:

P.S. It's the female of the species with the need for good looking mates...:alttongue:

I just love everything you're saying...It's so nice to hear a guy say those things! You rock.
Other people see me as attractive and I feel good about myself in that sense, but it has always bothered me that people think that women have to be the peacocks of the species. Both sexes of humans have pretty "feathers".

Cranky

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Es are outspoken about everything :D.

Well, I hope you get some more male feedback. However from my experience it would seem that this isn't a type thing.

On the flipside, I'm an NT female, and I have been known to more or less jokingly cat-call men. I don't see anything wrong with noting the physical attractiveness of members of the opposite (or same for that matter) sex, as it ultimately is not the determining factor in how I interact with them.

How comfortable are you INFP males with this? Honestly, I guess I always thought men would like having an attractive woman say out loud that she finds them sexually appealing. Oddly, it seems to make you guys blush and stutter (which just makes me want to keep going, because it's funny and adorable)...but at what point are we going too far in verbally expressing our appreciation of your asstributes?

:newwink:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How much do you want us to fall for you? With out a reference of understanding that you're just playing can mix us up. I tend to just assume someone is playing, because of this, unless they specify they actually want me. I frustrate a lot of girls this way, but I'm at the point of thinking, "too damn bad". The energy required to react "favourably" on minimal information is costing me more and more as I get older.

B

brainheart

Other people see me as attractive and I feel good about myself in that sense, but it has always bothered me that people think that women have to be the peacocks of the species. Both sexes of humans have pretty "feathers".

Kind of odd considering it's the peacocks that are colorful, not the peahens, eh? :huh:

I guess I have a hard time with anything that says 'men are into this while women are into that.' Seems to me that you get with who you are attracted to and different people are attracted to different things. I am an INFP female and I couldn't be with someone I didn't consider attractive. Well, I have been in the past, but I ended those relationships as soon as possible- they were basically a situation of, 'he's interested so I'll give it a shot.'

I have standards, sure, but they are different than what is considered 'typical', whatever that means. I would imagine INFP men would fall along the same lines- not necessarily having a list of criteria, but knowing what they like when they see it or when they get to know the person.

But like I know.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
How comfortable are you INFP males with this? Honestly, I guess I always thought men would like having an attractive woman say out loud that she finds them sexually appealing. Oddly, it seems to make you guys blush and stutter (which just makes me want to keep going, because it's funny and adorable)...but at what point are we going too far in verbally expressing our appreciation of your asstributes?

:newwink:

Right now?

Catcall away Matey!

Generally, unless it's someone I find interesting, it bothers me a bit. But it's happened frequently enough that I sometimes have a return volley to fire.

And usually it's not my face or eyes, it's my ass, or shoulders, or legs.

Oh God!! I am a sex object... Whatever shall I do? :shocking: :D

A big change from when I was in middle and high school. I kind of enjoy it. Women don't seem to be inclined to take it too far, unless drunk. :D

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Right now?

Catcall away Matey!

Generally, unless it's someone I find interesting, it bothers me a bit. But it's happened frequently enough that I sometimes have a return volley to fire.

And usually it's not my face or eyes, it's my ass, or shoulders, or legs.

Oh God!! I am a sex object... Whatever shall I do? :shocking: :D

A big change from when I was in middle and high school. I kind of enjoy it. Women don't seem to be inclined to take it too far, unless drunk. :D

At least you get it while they're sober; only the drunk ones mess with me :cry:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
At least you get it while they're sober; only the drunk ones mess with me :cry:

Oh come on....

Look, do you know what your problems are?

Do you know how at least some can be fixed?

Personally, I think confidence works better than any body part ever could.

Show that you know yourself, and are confident, or at least competent. And things will change. Of course, it doesn't hurt to learn how to banter back and forth. :)

Cranky

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Oh come on....

Show that you know yourself, and are confident, or at least competent. And things will change. Of course, it doesn't hurt to learn how to banter back and forth. :)

Yes, PLEASE. Especially if you like the hard-shelled but gooey on the inside INTJ femmes; we push and tease, and it's to find out if you're tough enough to take our wit. If you look like a kicked puppy when we tease, or take our humor too seriously, we think that all we'll ever do is make you miserable.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Yes, PLEASE. Especially if you like the hard-shelled but gooey on the inside INTJ femmes; we push and tease, and it's to find out if you're tough enough to take our wit. If you look like a kicked puppy when we tease, or take our humor too seriously, we think that all we'll ever do is make you miserable.

:puppy_dog_eyes:

Damn....where is the pouty lip emoticon...then the repertoire of INFP emoticons would be complete.... :D

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh come on....

Confidence is difficult at the best of times. Competence I show most of the time, I just lack spectators. I can handle NT teasing, on the rare occasions it happens. It's just moderately hair raising when the only attention you get is from drunk women who are as old or older than your mother, and feel their sole purpose is to make little boys blush as a way to satisfy their vanity. :doh:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Confidence is difficult at the best of times. Competence I show most of the time, I just lack spectators. I can handle NT teasing, on the rare occasions it happens. It's just moderately hair raising when the only attention you get is from drunk women who are as old or older than your mother who's sole purpose is to make little boys blush as a way to satisfy their vanity. :doh:

Perhaps you are in the wrong places? :)

Of course, a willingness to make a fool of yourself in public, and not give a damn seems to be attractive as well.

I am good at that. ;)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Perhaps you are in the wrong places? :)

Yeah, hotel night audit was a magnet to them... Ever since I left that job my flirts per month bottomed out.

Of course, a willingness to make a fool of yourself in public, and not give a damn seems to be attractive as well.

Been there, done that, everybody suddenly gives me an extra 10m of room with the look of horror on their faces.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
male INFPs and women = VETERAN MODE

unless of course you're one of those 'healthy' INFP males... >_>