• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] The Good Stuff About ENFJs and Other Types

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
After taking a lot of fire, there's gotta be some healing. It's often postulated how scummy we are; like every other type, we suffer from character defects, but I look back on Pink and Protean and know that we've had more than our fair share here.

There's also that little thing about generalizing on type in a negative fashion; yes, we might all have similar problems, but we are all different people at different maturity levels with different relational training.

So here's a thread that's going to get down to brass tacks. Pick an ENFJ you actually know, and say something good about them. If you want to comment positively on the general type, than that's cool too, I figure it will balance the negative.

As a bonus, all the ENFJs here that read this thread and take some love, should also leave some for the person who left us a compliment, we should compliment them, and maybe expand that out to their type.

Simple enough? Let the love fest begin! :hug:

G

Glycerine

As a bonus, all the ENFJs here that read this thread and take some love, should also leave some for the person who left us a compliment, we should compliment them, and maybe expand that out to their type.

Simple enough? Let the love fest begin! :hug:

haha, ENFJs and their compliments... they sure can be good at giving compliments. :) The only other ENFJ that I kind of connected with (my old teacher) somehow always seemed to sneak in some sort of compliment. I also do this to an extent. I am not including myself but from what I noticed about other ENFJs (like 5-6) is that they tend to be serious and well-kept with a hidden very quirky side, encouraging, complimentary, and are usually accurate in their assessments of people.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They get stuff done!!!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pretty much every ENFJ I know is totally lovable :heart:

I could describe all of them as:

- Quick witted, funny, silly, and teasing, but never in a way that degrades people.
- Very sensitive to other people. They never intend to hurt feelings, and rarely do. They're very perceptive when they've crossed the line, and they will make amends quickly.
- Exceptionally loyal and trustworthy.
- Very charming and instantly likable.
- Always have great taste in music/movies/books and are very cultured in general.
- Both book smart and socially smart - a rare and refreshing combo.
- Adventurous and playful, much more spontaneous and relaxed than the J stereotypes.
- Outgoing and talkative without being obnoxious or overwhelming
- Good conversationalists. Don't waste time on dull small talk. It's always interesting very quickly.
- Have a lot of depth of insight
- Are colorful writers, and drop a punchline at the end of nearly every sentence.
- Seem very happy and upbeat, without seeming naive or shallow
- Are good at bringing people together & giving a sense of community
- Personable, warm, and genuinely friendly
- Are idealistic & dreamers like me, so I can't help but like them
- Never really give up on anything. I think if there was enough time in life, they would accomplish everything they want to do.

:hug:

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My ENFJ mom is the single-most actively caring person I know. She's constantly going out of her way to do things for other people. At her best, she has an extraordinary sense of humor and absolutely thrives on making people laugh/feel good.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My ENFJ mom is the single-most actively caring person I know. She's constantly going out of her way to do things for other people. At her best, she has an extraordinary sense or humor and absolutely thrives on making people laugh/feel good.

Awwwww. :)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
My ENFJ friends are some of the brightest, funniest, most fun, creative and caring people I know. They are also an awesome complement to my personality, making them really fun to hang out with.

Goatman455

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
That's funny, I was gonna make a post about the same thing because I saw that ENFJs needed a post like this.

I think for me, the best thing about ENFJs is how actively they care about people. Also, how outwardly expressive they are of this. As an ENFP, sometimes I have trouble with those niceties, but to ENFJs (and ESFJs too) it comes so naturally and it really does make people feel better about themselves.

Healthy ENFJs can make people feel good, and also are very accepting of other people's differences, such a rare and awesome combo.

I know a lot of ENFJs (and ESFJs apparently) have taken some heat on this board, and I want you guys/girls to know it is just because of all that passion you have for other people as to why sometimes you get harsh treatment, not everyone appreciates the lengths you go to for them, which is unfortunate, but in life our greatest strengths frequently become our greatest weaknesses.

We all love you, you are great people, keep your heads up.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
-funny! witty and accessible humor that's hard not to like
-opinionated - in a pleasantly confident, but not overly arrogant way
-genuine and expressive, not afraid to show who they are and what they're about
-encouraging of others to be themselves
-determined, in a contagious way - makes people feel like they can do it too.
-appreciate the unique things about others and let them know it
- good with children for many of the above reasons, and because they are able to connect with their inner child so well

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Pink's evil gives me wings! :cheese:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I have nothing but love and respect for my ENFJ but there are some really outstanding qualities I'd like to note -

- Highly responsible. His word truly means something and when he says he'll do it...he does.

- Totally supportive or anything someone shows passion for but able to give that verbal bitchslap when you need it most, without flinching.

- Opinionated but not overbearing or pushy about it.

- Driven and determined achievers but he doesn't sacrifice the ones he loves.

- The best father I have ever seen, period. He's very paternal and that sometimes spills over to the grown ups in the house. I don't complain, it's kind of nice sometimes.

- Very confident without being too cocky or arrogant.

- Charming. Oh so very charming. All the business dinners and functions we attend, I've never seen him get exhausted the way I would. People have his full attention when speaking to him. Sometimes I just watch in amazement.

- Easily the most genuinely loving person I have ever know, male or female. He is the human equivalent of a warm blanket. I know that when I have a rough day all he needs to do is take one look at me. I don't have to talk about it (which is a good thing). He gets my need for alone time without feeling offended or rejected. I don't have to verbalize everything I feel and the times I have no idea what I feel, he knows. He welcomes all my weirdness and loves it.

- Completely sexy, stays in great shape, very adventurous and physically affectionate. I remain obsessed with the man and it's been almost a decade, with no apologies. :wubbie:

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
My ENFJ mum

- hands down the most involved, empathic, go out of her way for you, vision having, practical, do the legwork to make a dream happen kind of parent I have ever in my life met.

- extremely intelligent with a sense of humour that is very keen.

- able to give people the benefit of the doubt, while not being a pushover.

- genuinely feels other people's pain.

- gets an incredible amount of work done without ever seeming rushed.

- extremely hospitable and very able to make people feel welcome and at home. Has lots of company without it ever seeming like overkill. Fresh bread on the table, lots of little touches around the house that make things homey.

- Lots of drive to get things done - always has several projects is the force in our house that makes sure things get off the to do list.

- Always looking for ways to make things better for everyone around her.

- As a parent of me growing up it was uncanny how well she remembered her own thoughts and feelings as a kid. (It felt sometimes like she could see inside my head). She often anticipated my needs or wants and met them before I needed to express them. Good at making us do things because we had a good relationship rather than using force.

- Looks down the road at what consequences or outcomes will happen from making certain decisions.

- The glue for our extended family.

- A reader and lifelong learner.

- Very sacrificing for other's needs.

- Able to speak her opinion and stand up for what is right without seeming overbearing and offensive or apologetic.

- Able to make a home very well and has frequently opened it to others.

- Good empathizer.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Oh my goodness can't we PLEASE have a nice thread about ENFJ's you guys are always harassing us, I mean really...try being kind and encouraging...oh...oh wait...ummm oh...ummmm

Gee Thanks! ;)

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Incredibly inspiring and dead sexy.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Woo Hoo! Dirt movers!

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
specially in defense of enfj women... well behaved women rarely make history ;)

B

brainheart

My ENFJ mommy fits all of this so well. :wubbie:

What I admire in her-

-Extremely principled, and she sticks to her principles with this earnest innocence.

-She loved to play with me as a child. She always had time for me, no matter what. This continues with my children- they get her undivided attention.

-She appreciated me and all of my other siblings for who we are; she never expected us to be anyone other than ourselves.

- She has never talked down to me. (Although I do disappoint her sometimes because I seem to lack her values and need for upholding the community.)

- She did amazing things when she was younger- meeting the Kennedys, holding leadership roles one would not expect of an 18 year old, her involvement in the Civil Rights Movement, etc.

- She comes alive in front of a microphone when she is in charge (something that fills me with fear and dread is completely natural to her).

- She is so selfless and so giving, very idealistic

- She is always humming and busy.

tinycatsinmyhair

-he's an angel
-he loves his grandma and his mother dearly
-he's not afraid to cry and share his feelings
-he only has eyes for me ('other girls are disgusting to him now') hehehe ~_~
-he would love to take care of me when im sick; would gladly clean up my puke and watch thumbelina with me
-he is so adventurous
-he loves everything about me and thinks im perfect
-he loves my mind and my body
-he would never make me do something i dont want to do or i was uncomfortable with
-he is a weirdo like me :D
-he likes to be silly and goofy
-he is a good big brother, he plays with and takes care of his sisters
-he is real; don't play no games
-he has a childlike fascination with the world
-he likes to read and learn
-he genuinely cares about people
-he's a writer
-he is amazed by and adores my art
-he can calm me when im upset, and i can do the same for him
-he's such a curious one
-he's gentle and loving
-he's not afraid to get rough with me (wrestling!!)
-he is smart
-he is very intuitive about people
-he is afraid of bees :D
-he would kill spiders for me
-his hobby is spending time cuddling with me even though I'm not there
-he loves cats

/gush

lol this has gone way beyond personality traits