• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs and death

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think that INFJs experience death differently than all the other types. Being only 0.5% of the entire human population, their function pattern forms a unique way of perception, which also covers death.
For other types it is basically just an ending of life, but I imagine INFJs reach a moment a clarity, which actually persists postmortem. Think of it as an endless black void that is then filled with the values of all humanity, life and the entire universe. All that knowledge gathers into one tiny spot, which is the INFJ's consciousness, and from there starts expanding, but this time with traces of the INFJ in it. An INFJ becomes a part of the universe, in every sense of the word.

So, that is my theory, now do any INFJs have experiences in that field?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
wait, what ?
Life and so consciousness is hardware based, once you lose the hardware the 'patterns' just break down as it's all one thing. Dualism doesn't make any sense (i could explain but it pains my brain so only if somebody really want to know the reasons).
INFJs have experiences in that field?
dunno, ask a dead person :coffee:

what was the point of that post again? A snarky joke of sorts?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is not very funny, actually.

Why do some INFPs always want to make snarky comments about INFJs?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Envy?

This kind of stuff is what the term passive-aggressive was coined for. It's not INFJs' fault that others want to know about INFJs. And, yes, INFJs talk about themselves a lot in INFJ threads because they want to understand themselves. I don't see what the crime in that is, except that immature NFPs feel left out and thus try to get their "digs" in. Pathetic.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not really. I just think that it's funny.

I give it 10 minutes before this is graveyarded anyways.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not really. I just think that it's funny.

I give it 10 minutes before this is graveyarded anyways.

Yes, envy is hilarious. It let's you know you're doing something right.

Well, I enjoy all kinds of attention, even indirect, passive-aggressive attention. So envious INFPs can keep making snide comments. No such thing as bad press! It's only encouraging people to pay more attention to INFJs.

Jaded Idealist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Is it a bad sign that I halfway believed the OP was being serious? I had problems understanding what he tried to say, but I at least gave him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't pulling our leg...

But it's true the INFJ perception of death is not conventional. Neither is the INFJ perception of almost everything else. Someone needs to write that down: we have almost a phobia of the conventional, the mundane, and the mediocre in all its forms.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Is it a bad sign that I halfway believed the OP was being serious? I had problems understanding what he tried to say, but I at least gave him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't pulling our leg...

Wait, the OP wasnt serious? I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt anyways.

I think my view of death is pretty optimistic since I grew up in a christian family. I view life as one shot and then death as the culmination of what you did. For life, there is indiviuality +God and in death there is a pure fusion with Him that trancends all physical imagination.

I don't mind the dead bit, its the dying I have fears about.

But it's true the INFJ perception of death is not conventional. Neither is the INFJ perception of almost everything else. Someone needs to write that down: we have almost a phobia of the conventional, the mundane, and the mediocre in all its forms.

'I really like this thing maybe I should buy- nevermind someone else has the same thing.'

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Is it a bad sign that I halfway believed the OP was being serious? I had problems understanding what he tried to say, but I at least gave him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't pulling our leg..

wait what? wasn't he serious?

if not, that went right over my head, insult or not :huh:

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're fairly new. You get a pass.

Wait, the OP wasnt serious? I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt anyways.
You're not. You don't. :tongue:

The OP is always making these kinds of comments. I'm not being cynical, and even if I wasn't familiar with his comments, it's pretty obvious (I think), that the OP isn't serious. But I think we can turn this into a serious thread anyhow...

Someone needs to write that down: we have almost a phobia of the conventional, the mundane, and the mediocre in all its forms.
This is true. Very true.

wait what? wasn't he serious?

if not, that went right over my head, insult or not :huh:

Lol, you guys call yourselves intuitives? Hmmm, I'll chalk it up to the "idealist" in you all. ;)

P

Phantonym

I think that INFJs experience death differently than all the other types. Being only 0.5% of the entire human population, their function pattern forms a unique way of perception, which also covers death.
For other types it is basically just an ending of life, but I imagine INFJs reach a moment a clarity, which actually persists postmortem. Think of it as an endless black void that is then filled with the values of all humanity, life and the entire universe.All that knowledge gathers into one tiny spot, which is the INFJ's consciousness, and from there starts expanding, but this time with traces of the INFJ in it. An INFJ becomes a part of the universe, in every sense of the word.

Yes. Exactly. That's precisely the way I can imagine "afterlife" to be like. Anything is possible.

Well, I'm not dead yet ;) I'll just have to wait and see :)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm really missing this whole thing.

INFJs don't fit in this world any better than INFPs, why would INFPs dog 'em?

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The above posts are the sole reason I introvert my intuition. People laugh at what they don't understand. What a shame.

Anyway, I sort of understand what the OP is saying, and death is in fact surreal for me. But we all have our places in time, and no matter how we live our lives, the future is permanently effected by our actions.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Lol, you guys call yourselves intuitives? Hmmm, I'll chalk it up to the "idealist" in you all. ;)

wow, then that's probably the most passive aggressive post i've seen on here so far :shock:

edit: i even read your first post beforehand and i still didn't get it.. You comment on INFP's but the op has ESTJ in his profile :S

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wow, then that's probably the most passive aggressive post i've seen on here so far :shock:

Oh, you idealist you! *pinches your cheeks*

Nothing passive-aggressive about that statement.

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
for me death equals going to heaven. or hell depending on how you choose to live.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
edit: i even read your first post beforehand and i still didn't get it.. You comment on INFP's but the op has ESTJ in his profile :S

He's INFP, it's a new thing to change your listed type, I guess.

Jaded Idealist

MBTI Type
INFJ

I've never had any out of body experiences (at least, none I can consciously recall), but I can intuit these kinds of concepts to an extent. To your average Joe, a description like the one by the OP would be a totally incoherent piece of claptrap, but I actually understood the gist of his statement well enough to think he was serious.

The other day I had a dream where I literally "saw" the universe (the details of the preceding situation in the dream were not vivid, and my nightly dreaming since about adolescence has been mostly stream-of-consciousness, anyway). I was on the outskirts and everything was just orbiting around everything else in a huge cluster, and perfectly silent. Another character let me know that time fluctuates between two distant points, reminding me of the vastness of the added fourth dimension of space-time, and beyond. To an intellectually-bent INFJ, this is what a bona fide nightmare looks like, rather than the boo-and-you-wake-up horror movie type nightmares that other types experience.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Oh, you idealist you! *pinches your cheeks*

Nothing passive-aggressive about that statement.

:blush:

He's INFP, it's a new thing to change your listed type, I guess.

right on, i'm an ESTP then?

1df69c61-5deb-4b10-9431-420ce7b5a73d