• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Hangin with ENFJ's = Exhausting

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Hmm, using type to figure out how someone would taste.

...I probably taste like chai.

:coffee:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
while wading through even more "INFJs are Angels That Taste like Candy Pressed in Awesome Gold Stuff That Holds It Value Even in a Down Market!!11one!1" threads while watching many of the few ENFJ threads either start out as a gripe or turn into one

This is true....the dominant judgers of the NFs (ENFJ, INFP) get more and harsher criticism here than the dominant perceivers of the NFs (INFJs, ENFPs).
Actually, dominant judgers of any type get more crap, period.

(The INFJ adoration is somewhat annoying...I think it comes from the purported fact that they're soooo rare and almost mythical :rolli:.)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is true....the dominant judgers of the NFs (ENFJ, INFP) get more and harsher criticism here than the dominant perceivers of the NFs (INFJs, ENFPs).
Not necessarily. The "Hate An ENFP? Tell Us Why!" thread was full of hate, and plenty of people (myself included :D) criticize ENFPs. As for non-NFs, INTPs pretty much get the "best. type. evar." sticker because of the origins of this forum. Not to mention ISxPs; they are the most loved sensors on this forum, by a mile. It's just a few very vocal members who criticize INFPs regularly. I think if you're a member of a type you'll be more inclined to see the negatives that are thrown towards that type, but it's all a matter of perspective.

(The INFJ adoration is somewhat annoying...I think it comes from the purported fact that they're soooo rare and almost mythical :rolli:.)

Why, yes. This is true. *spreads fairy dust*

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

My point exactly. Thank you.

And I propose that ENFJ's taste like burning. :D

Phoenix_400

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w6
Hmm, using type to figure out how someone would taste.

...I probably taste like chai.

:coffee:

If that's the case, I probably taste like Pepto Bismol or something. Bitter, but good for you. :D

lumikuu

MBTI Type
infj
usehername makes good points, you are not your type. just because other people know wacky examples of enfjs, infjs, infps etc doesn't mean it's any reflection of you whatsoever. i get that too much negative commentary on a type might skew people's perception but it frustrates me that some people take negative generalisations so seriously that we feel like we need to defend ourselves. those who excessively whine about other types may just be reacting to seeing their shadow functions manifest and it can be pitiful when anyone does that. i think the OP handled themselves well, this itself wasn't a provocative thread, just the straw that broke the camel's back.

my best friend is enfj, i love her to pieces but i have experienced the same issues in the OP as well as from poki's post. for example, i'm not good at making jokes or keeping up with a witty ping pong exchange of banter and i'm in awe that she can do that, but whenever i'm in her comfort zone i feel a need to wall myself off and deal with the source of my defensive feelings. perhaps she provokes some insecurity in me, but she would feel the same discomfort in a more formal, serious environment. i told her about my feelings and didn't make it out as if it was some defect on her part, we just weren't compatible in group situations so now we mostly hang out one on one. this thread reminded me of the tension between us before we started working it out- she felt it was a sign of rejection to be perceived as annoying, as did i get a little sensitive about being seen as a lethargic turtle, but no one's trying to change anyone, we just needed to improve our own means of acceptance. sometimes i love the energy though, enfjs are probably the best company at concerts/festivals!! i hope enfjs know how awesome they already are without needing affirmation from random people on a forum :)

lumikuu

MBTI Type
infj

it kinda annoys me too, because the reaction to this manifestation of the type is so disappointing irl. *wallows in self-pity*

i don't identify with all the sparkly descriptions of N either, i come across fairly bland/ordinary while remaining abnormally S-deficient. :p

Phoenix_400

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w6
i think the OP handled themselves well, this itself wasn't a provocative thread, just the straw that broke the camel's back.

I've pretty much come to the same conclusion as well. This seems to have been building for a while. I was going to PM the mod about locking this thread but I'm content to just let it ride at this point. It'll probably do you folks some good to get this out of your systems. I know how much damage bottling up your frustrations can cause.

My situation has been handled. I'm pretty much just people watching at this point. :popc1: Popcorn anyone?

I would like to take a moment to extend an apology to Proteanmix for having to edit my outburst earlier. I'm sorry, it was just beyond my ability to let that one slide.

On my part of the thread, I'd like to thank you folks for your advice.

Special Thanks to:

Goatman455- I know you were trying to help, it just came off wrong with some folks. It was much appreciated and its always good to meet another Pontiac enthusiast.

Happyman- You've got a good attitude and have been a good sport about this. You've gained my respect for how you've handled yourself in this thread.

Usehername- Your read on things was completely accurate. Thank you for understanding.

Proteanmix- You threw in a nice smattering of tongue-in-cheek humor, I like that. Thanks for not throwing down the banhammer on me.

Last edited: