• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ne] On being maternal

Lightyear

I am at the moment the nanny of two small kids and though I know that I am capable of having a more intellectually challenging job I am surprised by how much I am enjoying it, kids have their moments but they are also fun and uplifting.

I have always had a very protective streak towards anything/anyone that's small, weak and vulnerable and I am very good with kids and most certainly maternal. Working with these kids has made me start thinking about how society does not value mothers. People might have really important, look-at-me jobs in business, finance etc but however you twist and turn it the mums and childcarers are in the end the ones who are bringing up the next generation, these kids are not always going to be tiny and cuddly but will one day turn into adults who will shape our future.