• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do other types think of INFP's

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm curious, do you think of us as the desciption says or does anyone see if we have a potential for something more?

Hazle Weatherfield

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w4
Being a fellow INFP, my opinion may not be what you were looking for, but no one has responded just yet. Anyway, I feel there is great potential for anything more you could want. The description of your type is only a collection of commonalities that tend to be function preferences for those who test as that type. This is a very common topic on this site, I have found, and it is all too easy to get caught up in the descriptions and whether or not each individual accurately follows her or his type profile. But what we forget is that we are all individuals, and even 16 types cannot completely account for every last quirk of every last person on the planet. These descriptions are only summaries of preferences. It is not the MBTI's purpose to create a box for an individual to live in, but rather to record patterns in the way a person takes in stimuli, processes it, and then responds to it. That being said, if you seek something more, then you have potential for it. I currently test as an INFP, though I used to test as an INTP. I now verge on IXFP. Some people believe that the first type you test as is your true type, but I have read and studied enough Psychology literature to believe that just as cognition and behavior are learned and static, personality is also malleable. And if you prefer to stick closer to the descriptions, INFPs have been described often as chameleons, so perhaps that is why I believe there is potential for "more."

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have had infp as best friend for 10 years. He has his flaws, but hes such a good guy(in meny ways) that hes still the best.

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
I feel that INFP's represent the ideal person if there were no problems in life.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel that INFP's represent the ideal person if there were no problems in life.

I...hmm. Maybe this is one of the problems I have with INFP's. ;)

I think there is an 'ideal', awesome version of every single one of the types; each has their strengths. And I'm not saying that as some sort of cliche that is often thrown around here..I really mean that. INFP isn't any more 'ideal' than ISTP is, when it comes to the quality, character, and heart of the person, and each has skills/traits that they excel best at, that other types don't even come close to. We may all have our subjective viewpoints on what constitutes ideal personality traits, but that's entirely subjective and varies from one person to another.

I think Hazle said many good things -

Being a fellow INFP, my opinion may not be what you were looking for, but no one has responded just yet. Anyway, I feel there is great potential for anything more you could want. The description of your type is only a collection of commonalities that tend to be function preferences for those who test as that type. This is a very common topic on this site, I have found, and it is all too easy to get caught up in the descriptions and whether or not each individual accurately follows her or his type profile. But what we forget is that we are all individuals, and even 16 types cannot completely account for every last quirk of every last person on the planet. These descriptions are only summaries of preferences. It is not the MBTI's purpose to create a box for an individual to live in, but rather to record patterns in the way a person takes in stimuli, processes it, and then responds to it. That being said, if you seek something more, then you have potential for it. I currently test as an INFP, though I used to test as an INTP. I now verge on IXFP. Some people believe that the first type you test as is your true type, but I have read and studied enough Psychology literature to believe that just as cognition and behavior are learned and static, personality is also malleable. And if you prefer to stick closer to the descriptions, INFPs have been described often as chameleons, so perhaps that is why I believe there is potential for "more."

As for 'potential for something more' --- you have the potential to be whatever you put your mind to..within the genetic constraints you were born with, that is. If you want to push towards something that isn't 'supposed' to be what your type does, you can do it. If you want to work on weaknesses, overcome fears, you can do it. It's all about the will. Your destiny, behavior, and path in life is in many ways a result of the choices you make.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I think most INFPs are cute, especially male INFPs. They're just like me, but then introverted. But they do annoy me when they decide to get whiny.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFPs.... :thumbdown:
My experience with them is that they can get unbearably annoying when they become a close friend.
If I tell them they're unbearably annoying they go into sulky, 'I want to be alone' mode.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
My experience with them is that they can get unbearably annoying when they become a close friend.
If I tell them they're unbearably annoying they go into sulky, 'I want to be alone' mode.

Annoying in what way?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Annoying in what way?
They have their annoying tendencies to preach to me about what's morally right and wrong. Their romantic talk sickens me especially if it's a male INFP. The INFPs I know are male and I find it quite sad when they talk to me about their feelings and romantic fantasies. Since they are close to me they like to tell me about their most disturbing secrets that would change anyone's view of them the other way around. Plus, I find them intolerable when I try and make a decision that they disagree with.

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
They have their annoying tendencies to preach to me about what's morally right and wrong. Their romantic talk sickens me especially if it's a male INFP. The INFPs I know are male and I find it quite sad when they talk to me about their feelings and romantic fantasies.

YouTube - The Hug Poem I think you need a hug :D.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ :dry: a point proven

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP

Why do you allow them to become close friends? Can't you see their character before they become close friends, and 'unbearable annoying'?
Seriously, if this is the best you can come up with...then maybe you are trolling. No?

Rest assured, I won't hold your trolling against all INTJ's. That would be simply illogical...

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Actually, nebbykoo, I believe him. I've at least learned the need for closeness and trust proportional to the personalness of a statement, but then in that case I would expect someone to be able to empathize with and forgive my human imperfections, which in reality they might find rather difficult. The NF talent for that is really quite odd.

LEGERdeMAIN

I think most INFPs are cute, especially male INFPs. They're just like me, but then introverted. But they do annoy me when they decide to get whiny.

Oh, yes. Whiny, infp males.....if I was woman, I would jump all over some infp male. woot, woot.

thescientist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
My sis is INFP...sometimes I want to slap her silly because she makes so many bad decisions based on feelings.

She can also be really really hard headed about something in particular and she wont even attempt to understand your perspective on it. This is coming from an INTJ who always thinks they're right, but at least I hear the other person out to determine if what they say is valid or rubbish.

On the positives, she's very insightful about other people's feelings and motivations, where I'm completely clueless. She's a peacemaker for the most part. She feels compassion and sympathy for every living thing that moves. And she's my sis, so I hafta love her right?

We dont do mushy talk...it's too weird for us. Although I'm sure she's better at it than me.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I enjoy the company and insights of most INFPs. They are kind, flaky, sweet and very imaginative. However, the way they need to sugar-code everything makes me not want to get cotton candy the next time I visit Six Flags.

G

Glycerine

I tend to like them. Healthy ones are AWESOME to the max but the unhealthy ones are AWFUL. haha, that pretty much applies to all types but one of my fave types.