• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do other types think of INFP's

S

Sniffles

I'm fine with healthy/mature INFPs, but they're one of the few Ns I get easily tired of. I'm agreeing with the majority here (I hate doing this) that they get a little too whiny and self-absorbed.
+1 That and when they get into their "why can't we all just get along" mode.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
This is true. A Fi-dom out of control is pathetic and contrary. I won't argue, but it stands to reason that our experience of being ridiculous contributes to our sympathizing with the infinite variety of mortal flaws. Maybe we can't have healthy, mature INFPs without silly, inexperienced INFPs?

I love the way you just throw that in there like it's obvious. How does "being ridiculous" work? I think I know what you mean, but I'm not sure.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Overly sensitive, irrational, respond negatively to reality when it hits them (which absolutely blows my mind), care too much about the most idiotic things (reserve your care for what is important, not for everything), etc.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
@Ragingkatsuki: People have feelings and some of them want to talk about them. Get over it. Stop with the objective "right" way of living/feeling. The world doesn't work that way.
I have stated my opinion on INFPs. It's just you and other people whining about my opinion. Don't be stupid. If I don't want to listen to someone's feelings it's my choice.

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I shouldn't be posting, but I annoy myself so freaking much.
So... I sympathize with people who have had to weather an INFP's melodramatic, indignant storm of thundering emotions, lol.

Most of us are stuck in our minds the majority of the time--it's hard to step back and take a good look at ourselves and how we interact with the rest of the world.

I think it's important to honestly communicate with us about our perceived shortcomings, because we will internalize your criticism and use it in some way to grow. Or we'll get really pissed and later mull over why we got so pissed.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Oh? I'm sure the thread was "What do other types think of INFP's" not "All the the things you love about INFPs". Surely you did not expect everyone to give INFPs compliments and flattery. If anything, you sound like like a twelve year old who just had their 'feelings hurt'. Go whine elsewhere.

NOOOO! How could you say something like that? That's mean and I don't like you! This is sooo unfair!
^^
That's whiney. What I wrote was not that. Can you tell the difference?
I asked you a question that related to the lack of coherence in your original post, and I did so because I have become annoyed at all of the silly stereotypes on this board, which your post seemed to support.
(HINT: If I didn't have INFP under my avatar, you wouldn't have called me 'whiney', since NOTHING in my post was whiney. Do you get it? You came in spouting a BS ‘opinion’ based on what? A stereotype, mostly).
And…INFP’s make up ~1% of the population. I have known about 6 or 7 in my life. How many do you really know? 2 or 3? Is that enough for you to make statements about INFP as a group? I think not.

You called your ‘friends’
- unbearably annoying
-insufferable
-preachy
- their words ‘sicken’ you
-intolerable
-whiney

Who exactly is the whiner here? How else do you describe this litany of complaint, based on a handful of (probably apocryphal) anecdotes?
And what kind of a friend are you to them? Certainly not a flexible, accepting or nonjudgmental one, as evidenced by your own statements.

Can INFP’s whine? Sure, some do. Can they be irrational; and use exaggerations to make their points? At times, yes, but it appears that INTJ’s can be guilty of this as well…

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Awwww muffin...

Beautiful examples of why I seem to get along better with rationals IRL...

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I asked you a question that related to the lack of coherence in your original post, and I did so because I have become annoyed at all of the silly stereotypes on this board, which your post seemed to support.
What I said before regarding your question:
If there is mutual trust and respect between the two of us I would very much say that we were friends whether or not I have a good opinion of them. I may hate someone and be friends with him as well as like someone and not be friends with him.
There is your question answered.

(HINT: If I didn't have INFP under my avatar, you wouldn't have called me 'whiney', since NOTHING in my post was whiney. Do you get it? You came in spouting a BS ‘opinion’ based on what? A stereotype, mostly).
And…INFP’s make up ~1% of the population. I have known about 6 or 7 in my life. How many do you really know? 2 or 3? Is that enough for you to make statements about INFP as a group? I think not.
No. I never called any INFP whiny. Only you.
The fact you stated I was trolling was what brought me to call you a whiny 12 year old. I suggest you do some research on what trolling is. You clearly don't know.
- unbearably annoying
-insufferable
-preachy
-intolerable
-whiney
If you consider me your friend I would understand the last one on the list.

Who exactly is the whiner here? How else do you describe this litany of complaint, based on a handful of (probably apocryphal) anecdotes?
And what kind of a friend are you to them? Certainly not a flexible, accepting or nonjudgmental one, as evidenced by your own statements.

Can INFP’s whine? Sure, some do. Can they be irrational; and use exaggerations to make their points? At times, yes, but it appears that INTJ’s can be guilty of this as well…
I only state my opinion as it is. I'm talking by experience, not by stereotype. In fact, I've never really heard any bad things about INFPs so I'm not sure about how bad the stereotypes label them. Just so you know, I consider my friends my friends. I would never backstab them and if they need help in anything I will help as they would also do to me. It wouldn't change my opinion of them though.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
If there is mutual trust and respect between the two of us I would very much say that we were friends whether or not I have a good opinion of them. I may hate someone and be friends with him as well as like someone and not be friends with him.
That’s your answer? It’s a good try, but I don’t believe that you can hate someone and be friends with them at the same time. It just does make sense. Nice back-pedaling though.

No. I never called any INFP whiny. Only you.
The fact you stated I was trolling was what brought me to call you a whiny 12 year old. I suggest you do some research on what trolling is. You clearly don't know.

Again: It is my suspicion that you decided to call me whiney because of stereotyping, since my post was not whiney. Of corse I can't prove that...

Quote:
- unbearably annoying
-insufferable
-preachy
-intolerable
-whiney
If you consider me your friend I would understand the last one on the list.

Huh? I don’t consider you my friend, so maybe that’s the reason your statement is so confusing.
I only state my opinion as it is. I'm talking by experience, not by stereotype. In fact, I've never really heard any bad things about INFPs so I'm not sure about how bad the stereotypes label them. Just so you know, I consider my friends my friends. I would never backstab them and if they need help in anything I will help as they would also do to me. It wouldn't change my opinion of them though.
So you’re protective of your unbearably annoying, insufferable, preachy, intolerable and sickening friends? Great for you.:shock:
It's truly sad that MBTI is used not as a means of understanding self, but as a means of generating and perpetuating false steroetypes, of all types, not just infp's...there is not a thread on here that can't be seen in that light.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I would love to see the armies that would come from single MBTI groups.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would love to see the armies that would come from single MBTI groups.

I don't. I'd hate to have to lead a pack of INFPs, it would be a disaster!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm the 9w8, so naturally I'd lead it. :D

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
BC you would be in 3 different groups at the same time.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
can i help design our uniforms? that's probably the most appealing aspect of war for me.

"INFP army" seems an oxymoron, really.

lolz@ this thread

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
really? who says you would be the leader? psh...I would so frag you.

I'm the 9w8, so naturally I'd lead it. :D

Eh, do either of you know any tactics outside of videogames that you can put to practice right away? Also, how willing are you to dispose of dead weight? Not saying either of you can't, but theoretically both those will be needed plus an array of other things to get through a situation like that. Especially if we want to survive the STPs and NTJs. I have a bad feeling we'd need our type to become the rarest first before anyone else got to us in order to have a decent go at it. In the end I don't care about being leader as long as the one in charge is compitent enough.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We would be like a hobbit army, wait in the trees and bushes and shoot the survivors of the STP/NTJ war and claim victory for ourselves!