• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do other types think of INFP's

icmlite

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My favorite person in the world is an INFP. She gets upset with me a lot because of her tendency to adhere to her perception of value and what is important, and because of how much I care I end up getting hurt a lot.. but I love her :) The compassion and loyalty are always there, even if the trust and support aren't.

F

figsfiggyfigs

INFPs.... :thumbdown:
My experience with them is that they can get unbearably annoying when they become a close friend.
If I tell them they're unbearably annoying they go into sulky, 'I want to be alone' mode.

Oh look, it's mister popularity. How you bask in the INFP presence now!

I love INFPs. Especially ones that use self-depreciating humour.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
My estp and istp brothers used to have competitions over who knew more pi numbers.

I learned up to 3.14159265 by just living with those fools.

/OT

Sounds like something a nerdy N would have a competition for.

odettetoabird

MBTI Type
INFP
why do other INFPs make these posts? are they a glutton for punishment?
LOL the same perceived flaws keep getting repeated. most types just don't get us or like us.
whatever.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I dunno what all the hate is about. I had three going away parties before moving away (none of which I planned) and it costs me about $50 every time I send out postcards now there's so damn many. My friends are mostly NTs & NFs and they all seem to love me dearly. So basically maybe popularity isn't type related and its more a function of how you select and cultivate friendships? Chew on that.

Now romantic relationships on the other hand.....*sighs*

username1980

MBTI Type
INFP
This thread makes me feel like there's a whole lot of emotionally instable INFPs out there that are seriously in need some therapy so as to stop ruining the general opinion of us. I'm beginning to really resent being painted with the same brush.

On the other hand it makes me feel better because I seem very much together by comparison. :D

You may want to retake the test. INFPs are usually high in empathy

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Most of my good friends are INFP.

I get along with them well because in my experience they are not judgey. I get a lot of garbage from most other types who seem to base everything on words and I am very bad at words.

All of my INFP friends seem to base their opinions on what they of me as a person and not the words I say rather than dissecting and diagnosing every single thing I say.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I tend to adore INFPs. Most of the time. I'm not really sure why, but I get along with them very easily. Maybe it has to do with shared functions.

INFPs also seem to gravitate towards me.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They're nice people, some are a bit sulky though. I accidentally offended one because I didn't know he identified as a woman, since then we haven't had contact. It doesn't seem like I am particularly prone to making close friends with them, at least not from experience.

Amberiat

Infinity
The ones I know and regularly interact with are people I'd hug so hard they'd have trouble breathing.

I promise I won't.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The ones I know and regularly interact with are people I'd hug so hard they'd have trouble breathing.

I promise I won't.

They'd probably enjoy it.

Hellena Handbasket

Daywalker
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like them. We generally get on pretty well. One of my best online friends is an infp. And he's one of the nicest most chill guys I know.
I was friends with an unhealthy one and boy was that a nightmare.
So they are just like any other type. Some are great, others not so much.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I experienced INFP as a total arse. Like they took a vow to be unfriendly or some shet.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a soft spot for them, but I'm starting to think it might be weird to say that.

But I mean I always get along with them and their rich inner emotional worlds and usually more pure values intrigue me.

Our Ne bounces off well, their Fi intrigues me, I find on one end a purity in their values and just how much it means to them, but at the same time can find it a little annoying sometimes when I tend to be more pragmatic and can find some absolute values to be intrusive and even stupid. As I put far less emphasis on it. I have some, but they are more worldly related and pragmatic (and controversial), but they are rarely activated within me.

Yet I'm always soft to them and ISFP's than any other type so far. . Because of some sort of purity.. in their values I suspect. Which I respect.