• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do other types think of INFP's

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Alright. You tell me. What should I say about the INFPs that I know? You give me the opinion I should have.

Good for that :coffee:

Oh, no. that wasn't my point at all. You are entitled to have your opinions.

And you are entitled to express them in the most emotionally overblown, immature, ego-driven, streotype-filled and mean-spirited way you possibly can, as you have done here.

And I am entitled to react.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ I just say things as they are. :D
Tis your choice in the way you perceive it. :yes:

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I think the reason for the defensiveness is that the implication is that INFP are ok *until* you get close to them and once you do they suck. Isn't that the fear of the "deeper" personality types that don't open up to everyone?

Getting defensive isn't limited to INFPs - ENFPs and INFJs at least I've seen do the same thing on the board when someone says something negative. The truth is that all types do it, they just do it in their own way. INTP, INTJ: "Fk them, I don't care what they say they are dumb" isn't any healthier, it just doesn't seem as whiny.

To other types Raging's quote really just sounds like he had one bad experience with someone he thinks is INFP and wrote them all off. But it says outloud a fear INFPs actually have. "Once I get to know you I don't like you"

Wanted to bump this quote. Great insight into the situation and into the INFP mind. :yes:

This
"Once I get to know you I don't like you"
is one of my biggest fears, if not the biggest.

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
And you are entitled to express them in the most emotionally overblown, immature, ego-driven, streotype-filled and mean-spirited way you possibly can, as you have done here.

Hey nebbykoo, I'm on your side on this.
I don't understand the INFP bashing.

:hug:

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you cannot understand any of the points given then I can't help you anymore.

Out of you and me? I'm definitely not the one who needs the help.
Sawreee.

Also, What is the stereotype if it's not the profile of the type then?

That... doesn't make any sense :laugh:
But then again I only seem smart and probably wouldn't understand your extreme intelligence, anyway. Oh don't bother explaining it to me. I'll just excuse myself from the conversation.
*Exits, gets on horse, and rides off into Duncedom*
:)

this thread is booorrinnnnggggg

Then light it up!
:D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seriously, let the man have his opinion without ganging up on him. Even if you don't appreciate his tone, you don't have to respond in kind.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
^ I just say things as they are. :D
Tis your choice in the way you perceive it. :yes:

Wrong.

You say things the way you think things are. Do we really have a choice in the way we perceive things? Is there no natural tendency of each individual to see things in one way or the other?

Damn realists...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seriously, let the man have his opinion without ganging up on him. Even if you don't appreciate his tone, you don't have to respond in kind.

Don't bother trying. When someone comes up with an opinion like that the flame war lasts for days and pages and won't calm down till commenter gets bored and walks away.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't bother trying. When someone comes up with an opinion like that the flame war lasts for days and pages and won't calm down till commenter gets bored and walks away.

*sigh* Guess you're right.
Anyone else find this ironic considering the comments that have been made?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*sigh* Guess you're right.
Anyone else find this ironic considering the comments that have been made?

The essence of, to the point of cliche...

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
<--peacemaker:

"can't we all just get along?"

:D

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You say things the way you think things are. Do we really have a choice in the way we perceive things? Is there no natural tendency of each individual to see things in one way or the other?

Damn realists...
Actually we do have a choice to perceive things in a different way. If you 'perceive' my comment to be offensive to all INFPs in general then go ahead. I've already stated I've got a problem with them getting close to me and not generally.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Personally, I find most INFP (females) adorable; everything from their effervescent behavior (if you get to know them), to their sometimes childish innocence. What I like most about INFPs though, is their emotional sincerity. They are rarely ever malicious in their approach, and are usually genuine about their feelings towards you (unlike NFJs). All of that, combined with the fact that they are not very fond of confrontation, but enjoy listening, makes them very attractive mates.

INFPs are not without their flaws, however, and their generally benevolent nature can sometimes border on naivete and a stubborn refusal to part with their moral barricades, even though they have been proven harmful, or put into a greater context where they aren't as significant. Regardless, this INTJ loves his INFPs. :)

Jaded Idealist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Actually we do have a choice to perceive things in a different way. If you 'perceive' my comment to be offensive to all INFPs in general then go ahead. I've already stated I've got a problem with them getting close to me and not generally.

If you have such a problem with people who are more emotional and idealistic than you trying to share their inner world with you instead of keeping it all inside, then you prove yourself not to be a very well developed person. I can relate to INTJs in many ways, but when you they are opposed to or even merely annoyed with another person, the amount of basic humility and sympathy they are willing to withhold from that person is unbelievable, and we're opposites in this regard.

They are rarely ever malicious in their approach, and are usually genuine about their feelings towards you (unlike NFJs).

I wonder what this is supposed to mean. A balanced INFJ person is one of the most sincere people you're likely to meet. When we restrain our feelings, it's most likely because we don't think it's a good idea to reveal them, such as hurting someone's feelings. But overall, we'll always act on our principles. Whereas the INTJ too often lacks emotion, the INFJ is very able to control emotion for the right situation.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you have such a problem with people who are more emotional and idealistic than you trying to share their inner world with you instead of keeping it all inside, then you prove yourself not to be a very well developed person. I can relate to INTJs in many ways, but when you they are opposed to or even merely annoyed with another person, the amount of basic humility and sympathy they are willing to withhold from that person is unbelievable, and we're opposites in this regard.
They involve me in it. I have endured it. I didn't like it. I find it a problem. Makes sense? :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Note to self- Next time I talk to Ragingkatsuki I should ramble on about morality and how he is feeling.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They involve me in it. I have endured it. I didn't like it. I find it a problem. Makes sense? :)

stop enduring it! you're doing it as we speak lol rather than stick around and face their "wrath," it's prob best to drop it and not look behind. by being here you are doing what you say you detest, which is hang around INFPs who are whining and bitching and getting you involved and close.

Jaded Idealist

MBTI Type
INFJ
They involve me in it. I have endured it. I didn't like it. I find it a problem. Makes sense?

Do I understand it? Yes, or course I do. Do I agree or empathize? Not in the least.