• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do other types think of INFP's

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
^ Why do you hate INFPs?

why do you infer that i must hate INFPs?

i didn't assign value judgments to any of that stuff.

i don't hate any one type, especially not INFPs.

i do like to make fun of those i am close to. i have quite a few INFP friends.

all of them are secret perverts that love pie, i tell you.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
INFPs pretend to be less preoccupied with sex than they are.

INFPs like fatty foods.

INFPs usually really like at least one band or genre that hasn't been considered cool or considered at all in at least 10 years

INFPs have nerdy collector tendencies but they don't usually fess up to it like some NTs do.

These are quite specific no? And who doesn't like fatty foods really:blush:

I definitely agree with the first one though. I am very much the archetypal 'lady in the streets, but a freak in the bed' stereotype. I have friends who have slept with exponentially more people than me, but consider themselves less interested in sex and having a lower sex drive than me and they don't even know the half of it :devil:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am very much the archetypal 'lady in the streets, but a freak in the bed' stereotype. I have friends who have slept with exponentially more people than me, but consider themselves less interested in sex and having a lower sex drive than me and they don't even know the half of it :devil:

Our oh so lofty ideals and morals often trump our carnal desires...but under the right circumstances :devil: :D

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
why do you infer that i must hate INFPs?

i didn't assign value judgments to any of that stuff.

i don't hate any one type, especially not INFPs.

i do like to make fun of those i am close to. i have quite a few INFP friends.

all of them are secret perverts that love pie, i tell you.

Listen, it's a well-known fact that anyone who says anything bad about INFPs hates them with a passion and therefore can't be taken seriously.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
^Uh word to that. I love surprising people with that though. :laugh:

No. But metaphorically, yes I suppose LOL

Ah, well I was speaking literally. Years of experience being in positions where it was a possibility have left their mark.

I no long allow the metaphorical version to bother me.:D

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm an INFP with typical Ne/Fi dominance but I find that I'm usually on strange grounds with other INFPs. I value NFs for their creative ideas but I don't find myself being as people-focused as them. I've read many INFP descriptors and while I do fit them fairly well I don't like it how they're made out to be incredibly fuzzy. I used to fit into that 'INFP nice guy' mold, and in ways I still do but I've found it to be useless and a doormat invitation. Maybe I'm a bit jaded from the times where my INFP selflessness has doomed me but I consciously strive to avoid that particular infp mold and be a bit more set-apart.

My INFP/ENFP friends are always immediately ready to help one person but this neglects something else (another person or objective that needs to be done). I've been on both sides with them, I don't take it personally anymore but I'd wish they'd think before they drop everything they're doing just to help someone to get friend-points (or whatever it is), because when you're the thing they drop you can't help but guess who or what they consider valuable or more important. I hope that made sense.

Yeah. Many descriptors don't put any emphasis on how we like to explore the dark side of things. If you look at my favorite films and music, it's filled with a lot of melancholy stuff. Most people even close friends and family don't know how attracted I am to sadness. They know bright, friendly neptunesnet, but they don't know how much darkness balances me out.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah. Many descriptors don't put any emphasis on how we like to explore the dark side of things. If you look at my favorite films and music, it's filled with a lot of melancholy stuff. Most people even close friends and family don't know how attracted I am to sadness. They know bright, friendly neptunesnet, but they don't know how much darkness balances me out.

:yes:

Very much so.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the INFP description is a bit silly... seeing the world through rose colors glasses and everything good or bad or optimistic or gloomy.
I'll admit I see that you guys are off in la-la land at times but its not that bad.

I haven't met an INFP that I haven't liked. I've lived with 2, so far that I can think of. My aunt and my current roommate. They are kind and cordial, friendly and always seem pretty outgoing for introverts. Fun, smart, gentle.

Only negatives I can think of are laziness and lack of practicality. They end up getting everything done in their own time but seems like they are a bit adversed to working. (The ones that I know all share these 2 similar qualities. They each have their own bad and good qualities as well, but I won't mention them since they are individual related and not type related. ) Only about half have the laziness. About 90% have the lack of practicality.

Don't think I've ever gotten into an argument with an INFP, besides some small tiffs with my aunt that lasted all of 2.9 seconds. Never had a reason to. And I like that they're just laid back that way.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Everyone knows this about me, to the point that they forget I like light-hearted, silly things also. Can't win, haha :tongue:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
It's interesting how INFPs encourage people in personal growth. By which I mean encourages people to explore hobbies, strengths and interests. It's a great benefit to a close friendship / dating realtionship with an INFP.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx

Everyone knows this about me, to the point that they forget I like light-hearted, silly things also. Can't win, haha :tongue:

+1000

my nickname was 'wednesday' as a child.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think the INFP description is a bit silly... seeing the world through rose colors glasses and everything good or bad or optimistic or gloomy.
I'll admit I see that you guys are off in la-la land at times but its not that bad.

I haven't met an INFP that I haven't liked. I've lived with 2, so far that I can think of. My aunt and my current roommate. They are kind and cordial, friendly and always seem pretty outgoing for introverts. Fun, smart, gentle.

Only negatives I can think of are laziness and lack of practicality. They end up getting everything done in their own time but seems like they are a bit adversed to working. (The ones that I know all share these 2 similar qualities. They each have their own bad and good qualities as well, but I won't mention them since they are individual related and not type related. ) Only about half have the laziness. About 90% have the lack of practicality.

Don't think I've ever gotten into an argument with an INFP, besides some small tiffs with my aunt that lasted all of 2.9 seconds. Never had a reason to. And I like that they're just laid back that way.
Lazy... check
Impractical... check

Motivation is something I severely lack especially when things aren't going so great. As for impracticality, this is something impossible for me to alter - its way too ingrained. I am more than aware of the fact that I'm completely useless in general and what an incovenience this is for my friends and family.

Basically, if something needs to get done I need extra motivating factors. The best ones being: shame, guilt, desperation or an immovable deadline.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I work hard and have a ton of ambition, but will admit I have a laziness problem. Objectively I'm not lazy, but I feel like I am. Perhaps this is just the perfectionist in me speaking because this is not making much sense now is it?

B

brainheart

Things I don't like about myself, which could potentially apply to INFPs:

I think too much instead of getting stuff done.
I get trapped in my feelings, they can get obsessive.
I'm always considering my options instead of living.
I'm always seeing multiple sides to every issue to the point it seems like I don't have an opinion.
I am way too self-absorbed.
I am a perfectionist to the point of paralysis.

Things I like about myself, which could potentially apply to INFPs:

I will defend anyone and anything I think is being treated unfairly or cruelly.
I believe in the value and potential of the individual.
I have a big heart, even if I don't usually show it.
I try to understand things thoroughly, not be judgmental.
I would never become part of a mob, follow the herd.
I know how to use language.
I hate speaking for others or making generalities about people.
I am a perfectionist.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I work hard and have a ton of ambition, but will admit I have a laziness problem. Objectively I'm not lazy, but I feel like I am. Perhaps this is just the perfectionist in me speaking because this is not making much sense now is it?

I actually am lazy, and I try to find ways to be even lazier. I pull stuff off at the last minute though (after goofing around for hours), so I'm mostly able to avoid being called lazy by others. It's on the tip of people's tongues, and then I'm like, "Look, I finished this!". Then I go back to being lazy :tongue: