• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ Compatibility - INFJ's Romantic Match?

Are male INFJ's really that uncommon?

• Yes

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
dad enfp and mom infj...they were cool together.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
She's a kiwi. IIRC.

images
or
images
?

Nah. Never been to kiwiland.

My INFJ sis is in a relationship with an ISTJ. T'is an odd match up but seems to work, they just moved out of the city and bought a house together. Her past two ex's were INFP and ESTJ, both seemed to need rescuing in one way or another, thankfully the ISTJ doesn't, they're a pretty well rounded person.

S

Sniffles

My girl is an ENP. Don't know if I already said that. I really have a thing with ENPs, probably because they're my intuitive opposites.

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I prefer other FEELERS, having deep FEELING and passion means a lot to me. I like Introverted people probably a little bit more, but to me as long as she has a lot of depth in her feeling, then that can be a good compromise for other areas where we might be different. :newwink:

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
My dad's an INFJ and he's been married to me ESTJ mom for about 18 years. I reccomend ESTJ's.

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
My Infj is highly ego-oriented. In fact, part of this particular person's childhood fears was one of "losing oneself". Excellent student, great grades... lots of "me me me, I need to get ahead....blablabla"
This egocentrism is most notorious in their reaction to death. They are truly and deeply afraid of it. Finality to the ego makes them crazy...

In that regard.. I stand on the opposite side of the spectrum. I invite situations where I lose myself and lose control, I guide myself by the feeling of things alone... those ethereal value-judgments, which I cannot bring myself to describe accurately.

Of course it makes me look completely and thoroughly insane to them. To them, the very idea that I appear confident and intuitive yet not ego-based puzzles them.

If I had any advice to ENFP with INFJs , develop Te ..and quick.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My Infj is highly ego-oriented. In fact, part of this particular person's childhood fears was one of "losing oneself". Excellent student, great grades... lots of "me me me, I need to get ahead....blablabla"
This egocentrism is most notorious in their reaction to death. They are truly and deeply afraid of it. Finality to the ego makes them crazy...

In that regard.. I stand on the opposite side of the spectrum. I invite situations where I lose myself and lose control, I guide myself by the feeling of things alone... those ethereal value-judgments, which I cannot bring myself to describe accurately.

Of course it makes me look completely and thoroughly insane to them. To them, the very idea that I appear confident and intuitive yet not ego-based puzzles them.

If I had any advice to ENFP with INFJs , develop Te ..and quick.

Except neurotic fear of death doesn't have much to do with a personality type, and everything to do with a particular person and their life experiences...

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Except neurotic fear of death doesn't have much to do with a personality type, and everything to do with a particular person and their life experiences...

Sure, it could be all in this INFJ's mind. Apologies for extrapolating like that : )

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I think it would be very hard for me to deal with strong F-types. I'm so much in the fog that is the grey-zone when it comes to morals and values that I'm pretty sure I would be eaten alive. I might be able to handle if it their deep values weren't the ones that I tend to find exclusions for: "Just bomb india and china, we may lose some great minds, but that's the price to pay for food."

Where I would be slapped by a lot of Fs I know, an NT would more likely critique the plan: "What kind of bombs? Wouldn't collateral damage, both physical and political, far outweigh the benefits?"

In the end, I think, some amount of levelheadedness is required in anyone I would consider relating to. But then I wouldn't want a data-brain (Or if you've read Dune, a Mentat) as a significant other, either. I want someone who can help me deal with my faults, or at least, help me get out of some melancholic moods, and vice versa. Sort of like one legged men who rely on each other for support, neither one daring to leave the other or both will helplessly collapse.

Really, deep relationships are as, if not more, complex than people because one has to compensate for the other and vice versa.

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My dad's an INFJ and he's been married to me ESTJ mom for about 18 years. I reccomend ESTJ's.

This is difficult to imagine but I would guess if an INFJ would be with an ESTJ then the INFJ would probably be an enneagram 1. INFJs are typically 1s, 9s and 4s. (I have a feeling the INFJs that are with ESTJs are at the very least borderline N/S - if not mistyped sensors.)

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I spent four and a half years dating an ESTJ. I think it had more to do with circumstances and some ways in which we worked well together. I know though that the N/S problem was very big, so I doubt it was that I am actually and ISTJ. I wouldn't generally recommend it though, even though I appreciate some qualities in ESTJs...

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I spent four and a half years dating an ESTJ. I think it had more to do with circumstances and some ways in which we worked well together. I know though that the N/S problem was very big, so I doubt it was that I am actually and ISTJ. I wouldn't generally recommend it though, even though I appreciate some qualities in ESTJs...

I can see an INFJ trying to see the good sides of every type, though.