• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ Compatibility - INFJ's Romantic Match?

Are male INFJ's really that uncommon?

• Yes

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
P

Phantonym

However I think with many INFJ's being so complex in their own inner life, find that they may be drawn to any given type or choose a certain type for any given set of personal reasons.

A person's type is the last thing on my mind when I meet someone. It's only after a while you get to know the person, the type dynamics start to make any difference.
Same types can also be very different, depending on whatever baggage they carry.

It's the person behind the type I want to be with, not the type itself.

Appoggiatura

MBTI Type
INFJ
Bumping up this thread ~

What do you guys have to say about a INFJ/ENTJ relationship and where it'll lead ?
I'm just curious.

Thank you ^-^

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Bumping up this thread ~

What do you guys have to say about a INFJ/ENTJ relationship and where it'll lead ?
I'm just curious.

Thank you ^-^

..... I'd prefer not to have another J. Mine is plenty. Also, this one ENTJ I know is a literalist and there's a constant going back and forth because of misunderstandings and misinterpretations. Maybe it's just that ENTJ and I but if this is generally true for other INFJ/ENTJs I would avoid it like the plague.

I think the match is ENTP.

I agree. I <3 me some ENTP sexiness. ENFPs are close behind.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
*looks at the audience* This is a prime example of how best to placate an ENTP. Stroke their ego - score points.

And this is a prime example of an INFJ not getting the joke... but we love you anyway...

EDIT: to explain for the poor INFJ...
1. I edited out the ENFP to confirm OUR win in the thread, hence ENTP ftw.
2. made reference to your <3 thread, making a joke about you having to guess what I really meant by it.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
EDIT: to explain for the poor INFJ...
1. I edited out the ENFP to confirm OUR win in the thread, hence ENTP ftw.
2. made reference to your <3 thread, making a joke about you having to guess what I really meant by it.

So by omission of acknowledgment of your strikeout of ENFP and using the <3 you assume I missed on the joke?
What truly fascinating logic.

I noticed them both, FYI.
And since I agree with both the ENFP edit and the fact that you <3 INFJs, I saw little point in raining on your little "ENTP ftw" parade.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
So by omission of acknowledgment of your strikeout of ENFP and using the <3 you assume I missed on the joke?

And since I agree with both the ENFP edit and the fact that you <3 INFJs, I saw little point in raining on your little "ENTP ftw" parade.

Yes, I felt the need to explain it because I'm still not so sure that you got the joke. Don't worry, I'll PM you a more detailed analysis. :tongue:

I'm taking off for my vacation, but when I get back, I fully expect my victory proclaimed in the thread. xoxo <3 luv.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yes, I felt the need to explain it because I'm still not so sure that you got the joke. Don't worry, I'll PM you a more detailed analysis. :tongue:

I'm taking off for my vacation, but when I get back, I fully expect my victory proclaimed in the thread. xoxo <3 luv.

You win. Yay for you.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

we infjs do love us some sarcasm....even double and triple sacrasm, eh, wyst? then sitting back and watching. it's like playing with our prey before eating it alive.

:devil:

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
we infjs do love us some sarcasm....even double and triple sacrasm, eh, wyst? then sitting back and watching. it's like playing with our prey before eating it alive.

How nice it is when someone get's me.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Oooh, pick me! Pick me! I’m delectable and delicious :yes:

staytuned7

Hahaha...well...I suppose this might be a little *ahem* out of place in the current conversation, but I guess I'll still put in my two cents.

For one, I guess I'll point out that there are countless reasons why I don't use MBTI to choose potential mates. It's a dead-end, close-minded way of becoming intimate and often "perfect matches" according to MBTI can be absolutely horrible. Not to mention the different experiences that different people have with other different people :p

I'm sure that everyone is aware of this. Yes? Awesome!

I'll go on to share my experience with a male INFj. It was....one of the most challenging periods of my life (to put it simply). We were very similar, but in ALL the wrong ways. In the ways that we could have been similar and it would have been complimentary, we were very different. It was a turbulent and emotional experience with this strange "tug-of-war" when it came to our feelings. Also, our "J"s were manifested in very different ways, which was chafing.

Again, this is just ONE instance and ONE experience with ONE person. I can't say that all INFJ/INFJ pairings will be train wrecks (and, to be fair, I don't regret the relationship one bit), but this one certainly was. I think it had more to do with the kind of people we both were and less with our personality types.

Umm...as far as an ideal "romantic match"? I can only give you my personal opinion, because some of the suggestions of people on here seem odd. I could break it down T-style as such:

I vs. E
Es, while fun and lovely friends, can make me feel stressed out after long periods. Since I'm an outgoing introvert, I don't need an E to "bring me out of my shell." Thusly, I think that Is are much better suited for me. We get the "need to be alone" thing and we'll act on that and be happy for that. Es don't get it and, since I am an outgoing introvert, usually push me past my limit thinking that I AM extroverted (leaving me stressed and unhappy).

S vs. N
Um...I am a very strong N and being around Ss for LONG periods of time usually leaves me feeling empty, stressed and sad. Of course, they make great casual friends and I can glean from them some wonderful moments in life. However, marrying one is something completely different. Ns are simply essential for me to feel fulfilled.

J vs. P
I love Ps. They're fun and spontaneous and a never-ending source of silly for me (of course, I speak of ENPs). They're way of "organising" their lives is something I'll never understand. Um...of course it depends on the P, how strong it is, etc. but my experience is that Ps in large doses usually stress me out. Js are tricky, however, because if they don't manifest it in a similar way to me, we can just clash (in certain aspects, not all, of course). All in all, I do prefer Js.

This leaves an INxJ. I already know my experience with INFJs, but, of course, I can't rule out ALL INFJs (just that one ;)). I haven't met another INFJ male since, so I really can't tell. I do know that I get along really well with INTJs (my dad is one...and we all know that Freud thing). Thus, my logic and reasoning leads me to INTJs. And my heart? She agrees :D

(and this post: long-winded, states the obvious, states what's already been said, isn't very helpful to Sir/Madame Thread Starter)

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
tempting. do aussie women taste better?

Heck yes we do.
Jeez. Don't they teach you ANYTHING at them Yank-academies?
;)

...Ahem. Sorry. May I interject?

Just throwing another vote in there for the 'ENFP-INFJ' matching. (Not that I'm biased or anything - obviously)
I have myself a little INFJ I like to keep under my bed (bringing him out now and then under the term 'boyfriend' - when he's good) and we could not be more right for each other.
(Granted, he's not a super introverted-introvert, nor a particularly strong 'J' - just as I'm an extrovert who appreciates 'alone time', and whilst warm and fuzzy - not a hardcore feeler, make of that as you will)

We ground each other in totally opposite ways, whilst sharing ideals and general world view.
Enough in common to really be able to see through each others eyes, enough difference to fuel debate and interest. 'Nuff said.