• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I once suffered from a terrible migraine. My well meaning ENFP friend was so worried about me that she kept calling me to tell me how terrible she felt about it. I kept asking her not to call. So she shows up at my door with "goodies" for me. While well meaning, it's not pleasant to hear the bell and deal with blinding light from outside while suffering a migraine. When I was less than pleased to see her, she got on her high horse about what a caring person she is and how she was only trying to help because she felt sooooo bad about what I was going through. And how it's always about me. To this very day, whenever she talks about me being cold or mean, she uses "the migraine" as her example. I just sit back and sigh. I would love to see that self reflection that you guys talk about...

Like I said, in general, these boards make people self aware. But not everyone gets to hear the honest truth about themselves from 15 other types, much less friends that are afraid of dealing with the emotional meltdowns. So they live out their lives thinking that they are golden. (this goes for all types, not just ENFPs).

You give extreme examples so don't be surprised if no one relates. I mean, no offense to your friend but only someone really stupid would not get the point in such a situation...unless of course you weren't really direct in pointing it out to her, or maybe she thinks having a migraine is just like getting high. :p

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I don't hate an ENFP, but when they get angry/upset, it can be a bit much to handle. It's a handful no doubt. lol

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
You give extreme examples so don't be surprised if no one relates. I mean, no offense to your friend but only someone really stupid would not get the point in such a situation...unless of course you weren't really direct in pointing it out to her, or maybe she thinks having a migraine is just like getting high. :p

I can give you a lot more examples. This is just her personality. I've spoken with her about this incident a million and one times, but eventually I gave up because there are just so many times I can repeat myself. It's frustrating.

I love how you keep trying to make everything an isolated incident... Why can't you accept the fact that this is how some people are, even if you are not that way?

G

garbage

I love how you keep trying to make everything an isolated incident... Why can't you accept the fact that this is how some people are, even if you are not that way?

ENFPs and their desire to see the best in everybody :doh:

To his credit, he did also present the option that she could be "really stupid." And I'm inclined to take that option. She seems really stupid.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
guilty as charged :blush:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I can give you a lot more examples. This is just her personality. I've spoken with her about this incident a million and one times, but eventually I gave up because there are just so many times I can repeat myself. It's frustrating.

Lol I love you keep churning out examples of how your friend is and trying to make it sound really common for ENFPs.

I do accept this is how some people are even if I'm not like this. I just don't know why would it have anything to do with being an ENFP. Just clarifying and sharing my opinion on how this kind of behavior makes NO SENSE in this ENFP's head. And I'm pretty sure others in this board that think like me.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Lol I love you keep churning out examples of how your friend is and trying to make it sound really common for ENFPs.

I do accept this is how some people are even if I'm not like this. I just don't know why would it have anything to do with being an ENFP. Just clarifying and sharing my opinion on how this kind of behavior makes NO SENSE in this ENFP's head. And I'm pretty sure others in this board that think like me.

I gave you examples using more than one ENFP friend.

And again, board members are more self aware, as a whole.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
entps just don't understand people

riiiiiight.

It's funny how when I make comments on threads about other types, most of my reps are from ENFPs telling me how insightful I am, so...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Self-delusion is a trait found in many types...especially when they're unbalanced/young/not mature...including ENTPs ;)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Or ENFPs and their desire for self-delusion, lol!!!!

Maybe this is why I keep posting then. Because I see the undertones of your posts :D

But I don't really care. Not when it comes to protecting my rep or something. Just fighting stereotypes as a whole. Way too common around these parts. People take MBTI as a bit of an obsession sometimes it seems. Everything most be connected to MBTI in some way.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Maybe this is why I keep posting then. Because I see the undertones of your posts :D

But I don't really care. Not when it comes to protecting my rep or something. Just fighting stereotypes as a whole. Way too common around these parts. People take MBTI as a bit of an obsession sometimes it seems. Everything most be connected to MBTI in some way.

First, it was a joke.

Second, if you don't accept stereotypes, then why wear an ENFP badge and hang out on a typing site?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Greed, hunny, we're ENFPs, we're supposed to 'emoticon' if we joke :devil:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I gave you examples using more than one ENFP friend.

Okay, then please humor me and bite the bullet and attribute that kind of behavior to ENFPdom every now and then. Don't just post the examples. Tell us what's going on inside your brain. What dots is your Ne connecting? :D

"Well you know...I'm not saying A or B here...just I have this here list of examples of this kind of behavior by a slew of ENFPs....hmm...it's interesting but I have no idea what i might mean or what, if anything, I'm trying to say here." :tongue:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok this is getting too much *LOL*
Jeno, that comment was a joke as well and directed at Greed.

Maybe we should just make other types emoticon as well when joking, so we can actually get each others jokes :alttongue:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
First, it was a joke.

Second, if you don't accept stereotypes, then why wear an ENFP badge and hang out on a typing site?

I know it was a joke. Hence the smiley. :D

I've said it before, don't color my posts with a sense of self-righteousness or defensiveness here please. I just like the back and forth of it all. Otherwise, I wouldn't be posting in this thread for pages now.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
First, it was a joke.

Nothing gave me more pleasure in sunday school then to argue about christianity and how it all seemed kinda too weird to make sense :D