• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!

Qre:us

+1

You're right, Lady X, that's just it. My motto usually is: plz don't ask me to change who I am, but feel free to make suggestions, and I'll gladly consider them :)

:laugh:

That's quite the long motto, my friend, you sure you're not trying to overcompensate to cover all bases to the criticisms on this thread?

ENFPs (actually NFPs) - Fi and Ne tend to not take personal criticisms well....seeing many more layers to the criticisms than is, and/or, justifying many more layers for the criticisms than is 'needed'.

But, I can't say I could ever *hate* an ENFP....

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Q:erus: It's the result of many years of 'friendly advice' :D

Look, I'm more than willing to admit that we don't do criticism well. Hence I posted the feedback rules, for those who need to deal with ENFPs on a regular basis :devil:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you by any chance agree with the feedbackrules I posted? That that's the best way to get an ENFP to listen to you?

i guess somewhat...i guess i just naturally react defensively to perceived attacks...or any sort of passive aggresiveness too because it implies they are mad...bent out of shape or pissed off by some rule i unknowingly broke...when in all honestly...it truly is not on purpose...just like we have our rights that others may not be aware of...other people have "rules" we're not aware of so expecting us to automatically be aware of those and then attacking us when we aren't...doesn't seem entirely fair either...so...i think it is all in how things are discussed...i honestly feel like i'm open to changing behavior for someone i'm living with if not made to feel like an awful person because of it. i think my need to defend that right...the right of being treated a certain way...overrides my ability to give a shit what your issue is at that point...but if you can say in a light hearted funny non judging manner...omg!! haha i'm about to start getting all stressed out about that mess in the kitchen...ahhh...haha...would you mind? i know it doesn't bother you like it does me...but it's startin to wig me out! haha then...my response would be hahaha...funny lil clean freak...sure :)

but...huffing and puffing around the house or throwing accusations...will bring out the fight in us...not saying you have to change just trying to say...there's ways to communicate your needs w/o being hateful about it..and it's a whole lot more effective with enfps. :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...there's ways to communicate your needs w/o being hateful about it..and it's a whole lot more effective with enfps. :)

Who was being dramatic or hateful about it? You're reacting to an imaginary situation where the other person is accusing you instead of the actual situations where the person calmly commented on a behavior.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who was being dramatic or hateful about it? You're reacting to an imaginary situation where the other person is accusing you instead of the actual situations where the person calmly commented on a behavior.

no babe was referencing personal experiences. had nothing to do with any comments in this thread.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no babe was referencing personal experiences. had nothing to do with any comments in this thread.

Oh, never mind then. I couldn't tell by the way you wrote it.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFPs (actually NFPs) - Fi and Ne tend to not take personal criticisms well....seeing many more layers to the criticisms than is, and/or, justifying many more layers for the criticisms than is 'needed'.

But, I can't say I could ever *hate* an ENFP....

Wait, are you saying you hate INFPs then?!?! *goes off on long rant justifying many layers of criticism*

:rofl1:

Wait, are you saying you hate INFPs then?!?! *goes off on long rant justifying many layers of criticism*

:rofl1:

How the heck did you escape from my pocket? :shock:

*goes off to search for high-end pocket protector on ebay*

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Thanks to everyone who took (is taking) the time to tell us *why* and did so with patience and understanding and even added a cool learning experience to the mix.

I have found this thread rather informative. I'm taking notes and will keep an eye out for the bullet-pointed weaknesses. My learning experience was much enhanced once I got these big picture take away points. The details can be so lost on me sometimes. sigh.

The fact that you *shared* must mean you love us. :devil:

I already issued a pope-style apology for things done on other continents by people I do not know at all because they offended me greatly as a human. I'll now issue a group hug in Dalai Lama style. Everyone :hug:

We can no longer be accused of low self-esteem - already compared us to the pope and the dalai-lama, all in one thread.

Look, I'm more than willing to admit that we don't do criticism well. Hence I posted the feedback rules, for those who need to deal with ENFPs on a regular basis :devil:

Yeah, that list makes sense, actually (what we, the others, can do to live harmoniously in a world with ENFPs).

Here's another question, how do you think ENFPs can tackle getting better at not taking criticisms personally?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Shall I post the feedback receiving rules? :devil:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, that list makes sense, actually (what we, the others, can do to live harmoniously in a world with ENFPs).

Here's another question, how do you think ENFPs can tackle getting better at not taking criticisms personally?

oh i "know" how... it's just not easy to remember. i get that those things people bitch about are just as important to them as our rights are to us...so when they react so strongly to a "rule" being violated it's akin to how we feel when one of our "rights" are being violated....so accepting or realizing that is helpful.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll hear them. Are they rules for the ENFP to receive feed back from others, or rules for others to receive feedback from the ENFP?