• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP's are VERY manipulative. I know an ENFP's who manipulated a heck of a lot of people into hating specific "persons."

Did I mention ENFP's can be really "good" backstabbers? They may act like they're your best friend, when they're really spreading horrible rumors about you behind the scenes, trying to make as many people hate you as possible.

And then, when you confront them, they tell you that THEY were the ones trying to "help you out" by talking to people who hates you. They act like THEY are the saints, offering you a hand before everybody else and all that.

I also hate how ENFP's want to be liked by everyone. Seriously - it just isn't going to happen. Suck it up and move on. Don't throw a tantrum over it. Don't spread horrible, fake rumors to the WHOLE $#&%ing SCHOOL about your "hater" (two $@^#ing ENFP's did this to me, just because they thought I hated them. :doh:). Don't go whining to your best friend, I can so see that happening.

Let's make things clear.

This is ONE person you're having problems with. Not "ENFPs", and not "some ENFPs". This is ONE person you've typed as an ENFP, and now you're projecting your anger on a whole group to find a scapegoat for your misery.

Don't do that, it's unhealthy. Plus annoying.

pyramid

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Hate? No. Annoyed...

That damn spiderweb approach, the damn fishing for details, the positive resistance to providing details...

and the fear.

Yep, that's what it looks like: fear.

You've got just enough Te to arrange the safety and security of your Fi, and it shows up as a skipping away from unpleasant conclusions.

You're fine people, but it takes a hell of a long time for you to allow a coherent picture of your real commitments to emerge.

Annoyed. What the ENFP would be eternally if they were to not fulfill their potential.

This is a universal idea &especially relevant to ENFP...

fear :yes:

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Let's make things clear.

This is ONE person you're having problems with. Not "ENFPs", and not "some ENFPs". This is ONE person you've typed as an ENFP, and now you're projecting your anger on a whole group to find a scapegoat for your misery.

Don't do that, it's unhealthy. Plus annoying.

Uh, no. I'm basing my post on multiple ENFP's here (well three, to be specific). Each of them did different things to me, but I didn't feel like making the distinction between the three. Different ENFP's, different issues. ONE OUT OF THE THREE was especially notorious for spreading rumors about other people. THAT IS ALL.

I'm not speaking against ALL ENFP's here, in case you guys couldn't tell (I'm not THAT immature :doh:). Like I said in the beginning (or was it the last?) of my post, I was talking specifically about "unhealthy" ENFP's. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough.

I don't hate ENFP's as a whole group. :hug: I know quite a few ENFP's who're in fact very balanced and likable.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I don't hate jews as a whole group, I know some who are very balanced and likeable (I have jewish friends), but they are mostly still manipulative, needy, ignorant, emotional bastards. I have based this on 3 jewish people in the neighborhood, one out of the three was especially notorious for spreading rumors about other people. That is all."

Inserting the word "unhealthy" in the first line and "no offense" in the last one doesn't help much if you're going to say judgemental shit like this:

ENFP's are THE quickest type to take offense...
ENFP's are VERY manipulative.
Did I mention ENFP's can be really "good" backstabbers?
They act like THEY are the saints, offering you a hand before everybody else and all that.
They're really spreading horrible rumors about you behind the scenes.
I also hate how ENFP's want to be liked by everyone.

You can't get away with this BS with a hug emoticon and some nice words, don't really know what you were expecting.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't hate jews as a whole group, I know some who are very balanced and likeable (I have jewish friends), but they are mostly still manipulative, needy, ignorant, emotional bastards. I have based this on 3 jewish people in the neighborhood, one out of the three was especially notorious for spreading rumors about other people. That is all.

I thought I made it clear that I was specifically addressing unhealthy ENFP's. Alright, I concede that I haven't been clear enough.

I'll edit my post. It was never my intention to speak up against any healthy ENFP's out there. Sorry anyone who was offended in any way. I do mean it.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think he's looking for you to say that you're a) venting, b) aware that this is not part of the ENFP type as such but more individual traits that happen to be expressed in this way in an ENFP person.

In other words: that you know better than to assume every enfp, or even every young/slightly immature enfp is bound to have these traits.

But I could be wrong :peepwall:

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Umm.. I don't know if I should call it emotional sado-masochism, but I like hearin all this.

Please do not censor yourself. I welcome listening to other people's perspectives, judgments, and opinions, as I take no offense to it, but rather as information on how the (mis)perceptions of ENFPs are.

Seriously- this is a forum. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. To take another person's opinion personally, when it pertains to their own experiences, and doesn't relate to me in particular? It's invalidating. No use in getting angry over. If there's a grain of truth, or if I've been subject to blah blah blah, and can relate then yeah- hearing what others think/say may hurt, but whatevvver.

Keep em rollin guys! :hug: Jeah. :laugh:

Btw- Most ENFPs I know don't care to spread rumors. From my understanding, that's just not how we 'do.':headphne: Then again, if people are that malicious, then it depends on the individual. Sorry to hear about your experiences CopperFish. It sucks to be subject to that kind of vibe and environment.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think he's looking for you to say that you're a) venting, b) aware that this is not part of the ENFP type as such but more individual traits that happen to be expressed in this way in an ENFP person.

In other words: that you know better than to assume every enfp, or even every young/slightly immature enfp is bound to have these traits.

But I could be wrong :peepwall:

I understand. I admit that I got too caught up with my negative emotions about specific ENFP's. I apologize for this. I am truly sorry. I should have been much, much more discreet with my words.

I am aware that the traits I listed don't apply to most ENFP's. I am also aware that stereotyping itself is a demonstration of immaturity. I acknowledge my mistakes. I feel wholeheartedly penitent.

Please do go back to my original post to look over the changes that I have made.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Umm.. I don't know if I should call it emotional sado-masochism, but I like hearin all this.

Please do not censor yourself. I welcome listening to other people's perspectives, judgments, and opinions, as I take no offense to it, but rather as information on how the (mis)perceptions of ENFPs are.

Seriously- this is a forum. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. To take another person's opinion personally, when it pertains to their own experiences, and doesn't relate to me in particular? It's invalidating. No use in getting angry over. If there's a grain of truth, or if I've been subject to blah blah blah, and can relate then yeah- hearing what others think/say may hurt, but whatevvver.

Keep em rollin guys! :hug: Jeah. :laugh:

Btw- Most ENFPs I know don't care to spread rumors. From my understanding, that's just not how we 'do.':headphne: Then again, if people are that malicious, then it depends on the individual. Sorry to hear about your experiences CopperFish. It sucks to be subject to that kind of vibe and environment.

Thank you. You've truly touched my heart... thank you.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I understand. I admit that I got too caught up with my negative emotions about specific ENFP's. I apologize for this. I am truly sorry. I should have been much, much more discreet with my words.

I am aware that the traits I listed don't apply to most ENFP's. I am also aware that stereotyping itself is a demonstration of immaturity. I acknowledge my mistakes. I feel wholeheartedly penitent.

Please do go back to my original post to look over the changes that I have made.

Oh, sweety, nobody says you have to reword stuff. We're used to more than this here, and you are very much welcome to express the frustration you've experienced at the hands of our kind. It is useful info for us as well, to see how certain characteristics are experienced :)

For future reference, it can be handy to mention that you're venting. It tends to make people less prickly :D

Oh and, welcome to the boards;)

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, sweety, nobody says you have to reword stuff. We're used to more than this here, and you are very much welcome to express the frustration you've experienced at the hands of our kind. It is useful info for us as well, to see how certain characteristics are experienced :)

For future reference, it can be handy to mention that you're venting. It tends to make people less prickly :D

Oh and, welcome to the boards;)

Thank you for your advice. I'm sure it'll come in very handy in the future. :)

Thank you for the welcome too! :hug:

DaMilkyWay<3

MBTI Type
enxp
Enneagram
ENFP's worry too much about being 'good' people when in fact being a good person is extremely subjective. What is good for you and your group of friends might be horrifying for others.

-Emotionally manipulative
- never take responsibility for their actions
- Drama queens
-have a hard time understanding why taking everything personally just creates more drama
-will turn everyone against you if you piss them off although they might be wrong
- due to the fact that they cant handle any type of criticism
-take any form of critique as criticism of their entire being. That shit is so annoying!

-ANNOYING
- expect everyone to always act happy and giddy even if the situation doesnt call for it
- extremely messy, dirty and disgusting.
- no sense of priorities
-sometimes passive aggressive
- thinks they can get away with shit by pouting and acting emotional

just to name a few

NOt all ENFPs are like this though I have met some pretty rational, responsible, reliable ENFP's but the ones who haven't matured enough seriously suck despite their kindness, and enthusiam

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I styled a shoot today with an ENFP model who carried on almost the entire time, but would apologize profusely about it. Just whined and whined, but then would be like "I'm soooooo sorry, but *insert complaint here*."

It was so embarrassing. I snapped at her that she was a diva after 15 minutes, but it went on for 2 hours regardless.

If you know you're being a brat and apparently sorry about it, then why not change the current pattern?

I'm still annoyed.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1. I hate how Fi takes everything personally.

But on it's own that's fine - move along, a crazy Fi messing things up, nothing to see. It's all normal, doesn't concern me.

2. Unlike most Fi-doms though, a lot of ENFPs feel the need to project that drama onto the outer world and be proactive in involving others. Terribly judgmental about people, manipulative, etc.

Then they make threads about "what do you hate in ENFPs" and start personally attacking the people who post :)

This thread has been fun!

thread-necromancy-thread-necromancy-demotivational-poster-1271554886.jpg

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
92 pages and 5 stars. Gawd, maybe we really need to do better :shock:

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Then they make threads about "what do you hate in ENFPs" and start personally attacking the people who post :)

LOL!

2. Unlike most Fi-doms though, a lot of ENFPs feel the need to project that drama onto the outer world and be proactive in involving others.

This can be somewhat true. Sometimes I felt my ENFP friends seem a little hyper to discover dramas happening among our friends. They seem to be quite giddy about it but usually with good intention by trying to discuss about the issue and hoping to resolve it.

Though when that drama happened to them, that's a different story.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

:rofl1:

yeah, i kind of hate this thread. like, part of me wants to read it, but then i do and get mad and want to defend ENFPs.

you might call it dramatizing but to us it feels like righting a wrong. what is the point of having Fi and feelings of injustice and compassion if you don't put them into action in the world?

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I hate one ENFP because he is the biggest jerk I've ever met. And he's a complete idiot.