User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 28 of 28

  1. #21
    Senior Member The Outsider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    2,429

    Default

    Yes. All the time.

    Once I was talking to my friend over the internet, and he had to leave. I told him that it's okay, the conversation will just continue in my head. He was slightly confused.

  2. #22
    PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Yes. All the time.

    Once I was talking to my friend over the internet, and he had to leave. I told him that it's okay, the conversation will just continue in my head. He was slightly confused.
    hahaha. awesome.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!


    Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

  3. #23
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    Also agreed. Happens very naturally for me, my mind drifts to it.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  4. #24
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Yes all the time. A man who doesn't talk to himself is somebody not worth talking to anyways.

  5. #25
    man-made neptunesnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Have any NF's here had experiences where you would have conversations with your friends in your mind? For me, this often happens when I'm taking a shower or getting dressed.

    Most of the time I plan out a conversation before it happens. Other times, I will replay prior conversations and try out new responses.

    Occasionally I will even laugh at what my friend said as if I were in the real-time moment, only to be thrust back into reality.Then I ask myself "Am I really laughing at my own conscious? Good thing I wasn't in public!"

    I assure you, I am not crazy.
    ily.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Froody Blue Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    732

    Default

    I often play out conversations in my head, conversations that haven't happened, some that will never happen, and different things I can say in the scenarios. I think of if I say certain things to certain people, what their response would be. There are certain responses in people that can be predicted if you know them well enough, but they can be pretty surprising too.

    When I know that someone will probably confront me about something, or an undesired interaction will come up, I play ahead what I will say in the situation, and what the other person probably will say in response. I figure out how to act, what to say just bouncing things around in my head. Life isn't always cut-and-dried, what to say isn't clear so planning ahead at least helps. If I don't in advanced, my mind goes blank in the moment.
    9w1 5w4 2w3 sp/so

    Whit Burnett did not coddle Salinger. He did not discover a literary genius sitting in the back row of his Monday class and deliver him to instant fame. Rather, he forced Jerry to work for his own success. As a mentor, Burnett may well have had every intention to publish his pupil, but as a teacher, he first demanded that his student exhaust other options

    Melancholic-Phlegmatic
    O- High C- Average E- Extremely Hilariously Low A- Extremely High N-Medium High
    Likes Legion liked this post

  7. #27
    alchemist Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Froody Blue Gem View Post
    I often play out conversations in my head, conversations that haven't happened, some that will never happen, and different things I can say in the scenarios. I think of if I say certain things to certain people, what their response would be. There are certain responses in people that can be predicted if you know them well enough, but they can be pretty surprising too.

    When I know that someone will probably confront me about something, or an undesired interaction will come up, I play ahead what I will say in the situation, and what the other person probably will say in response. I figure out how to act, what to say just bouncing things around in my head. Life isn't always cut-and-dried, what to say isn't clear so planning ahead at least helps. If I don't in advanced, my mind goes blank in the moment.
    Yep, that's a very Ni+Fe way of thinking.

    Having conversations in your head might not seem like extroversion/Fe, but it actually is. The external environment doesn't need to be engaged for something to be extroversion (in a way, the internal social interaction is taking place in an environment).

    Another thing I do that is extroversion-yet-internal is to simulate music in my head (lines from pop songs etc.) which is Se.
    the lone star flies alone
    Likes Froody Blue Gem liked this post

  8. #28
    Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,190

    Default

    It's just a black void in there.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Yep, that's a very Ni+Fe way of thinking.

    Having conversations in your head might not seem like extroversion/Fe, but it actually is. The external environment doesn't need to be engaged for something to be extroversion (in a way, the internal social interaction is taking place in an environment).

    Another thing I do that is extroversion-yet-internal is to simulate music in my head (lines from pop songs etc.) which is Se.
    Sigh.
    Perpetual mood


    "It is not the personality's task to tell the truth,
    but to seem to, try to, or try to seem to."


    Philip Trussell


Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Funny conversation with an I/E
    By tinkerbell in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-12-2011, 04:23 AM
  2. [ISTP] ISTPs - How Does One Have Those Kind of Conversations With You?
    By violaine in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 01:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO