• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Flirty INFP's?

Ringtone

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm naturally flirty with girls that I'm comfortable around, which has caused some problems in the past, I think... giving off the wrong vibe and all.

I have the same problem with guys. I don't mean to be in the sense that I don't necessarily try to be, it just comes off that way.
Flirting is easy for me either way. Once I got over being awkward and got over some insecurities, it comes quite naturally now :cheese:

faultyideal

MBTI Type
INFx
Enneagram
4w5
I flirt and tease if I'm in the mood; sometimes as a way to get attention from someone I like or as a way to make someone I don't feel like talking to feel awkward so they walk away. It's more like a game to me really. Most of the time I when I do it I definitely feel self conscious.

Whenever I actually get into a relationship I too get bored and, it's sad to say, I flirt with other people.

Hazle Weatherfield

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w4
So I keep reading about how INFP's are supposed to be all shy and slow to open up, and how we're so fiercely loyal and will see our romantic relationships through to the end, etc. Also, I see INFP's complaining about how they're so passive and have trouble getting romantically involved with the opposite sex.

I'm an INFP and I don't feel that these things apply to me at all. I'll open up pretty much instantly to anyone who's interested. I mean, I don't go around bawling in public, but I'm hardly reserved or closed-off. I'm very flirtatious with guys I'm interested in and have no problems getting into romantic relationships. However, I actually have trouble holding down long-term relationships because, even though I start out "deeply in love," I eventually get bored, feel trapped, and bail out because I'm disillusioned and the relationship isn't living up to my expectations--so much for my INFP "loyalty" lol. Any other INFP's have similar experiences?

I hear ya, Mangos. I don't know who they are that write some of these descriptions that get it in their heads that INFPs are shy. I, for one, am just quiet and like to listen more before I start blabbing away. And as for being loyal and seeing romantic relationships through to the end, well I can discredit that statement too, because I've been as disloyal as they come, and instead was obsessed about dragging whatever was left of that mauled relationship over the cliff. I have yet to claim success on any that have come after that.

I also can flirt to high heaven. Or not. Depends on if I feel like it or not.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't, but I don't think I'd want to.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So I keep reading about how INFP's are supposed to be all shy and slow to open up, and how we're so fiercely loyal and will see our romantic relationships through to the end, etc. Also, I see INFP's complaining about how they're so passive and have trouble getting romantically involved with the opposite sex.

I'm an INFP and I don't feel that these things apply to me at all. I'll open up pretty much instantly to anyone who's interested. I mean, I don't go around bawling in public, but I'm hardly reserved or closed-off. I'm very flirtatious with guys I'm interested in and have no problems getting into romantic relationships. However, I actually have trouble holding down long-term relationships because, even though I start out "deeply in love," I eventually get bored, feel trapped, and bail out because I'm disillusioned and the relationship isn't living up to my expectations--so much for my INFP "loyalty" lol. Any other INFP's have similar experiences?

Yep, I get the gist and relate pretty completely. Too many other, more important things on my mind like turning it inside backwards outin and sideways.

Time is rarely more excitingly spent.

G

Glycerine

My INFP brother is a really good flirt. He can pretty much jokingly tell a girl how fat or ugly she is w/o completely offending them. :devil: In a off-beat way, its somewhat charming.

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
When I'm comfortable enough around the opposite sex, flirting/teasing comes naturally. It's the only way to express my affection without feeling awkward, since there's humor and playfulness involved. And it's so much fun when the person's normally very serious, lol. But I definitely won't flirt with someone I like more than a friend. Can't. Incapable. Feels fake and forced.

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
INFPs can be very flirtatious! The shy sensitive side is just one facet of the personality -- they can also be social butterflies and shameless flirts who are the life of the party :newwink:

That flirtatious, social side is what I like to think of as the INFP's inner ENFP coming out to play when they're very comfortable and around people that they know well.

I was out last night with some friends, including an INFP and her ENTP boyfriend. She's a beautiful girl and she attracts a lot of male attention, and she was definitely channeling her ENFP self last night because she did flirt with some of the guys at the bar, not excessively so, but she was having a good time and letting loose. Her boyfriend was not happy about that! Being familiar with personality type, I tried to tell him not to take it personally, that she's just a free spirit and doesn't mean anything by the flirtation. Not much solace to him, and I can certainly understand his side too, but anyway, that just goes to show that flirtatious INFPs do exist.

Another male INFP that I know well was a HUGE flirt in his younger days. He was quite the Romeo and bedded a LOT of women and was pretty much allergic to serious relationships.

Both of these individuals are definitely INFPs rather than ENFPs because I've typed both of them, and they both are very quiet in most situations and highly value their alone time. But it's kinda like when I'm very comfortable in a social setting I let out my inner ENFJ -- they let out their flirty ENFP selves ;)

Silence11

MBTI Type
INFP
Being familiar with personality type, I tried to tell him not to take it personally, that she's just a free spirit and doesn't mean anything by the flirtation.

I agree - most of the time I flirt, I probably don't really mean anything by it. I don't usually go out looking for a serious relationship. If one develops, that's fine. Most of the time, flirting is just me having fun.

B

brainheart

If I'm feeling really happy and self-confident and comfortable with myself I'm a flirt. I contemplated that I was an ENFP for these reasons, but no way, I am no extrovert. I think the big difference is that I will be this way if all of the stars are aligned perfectly... and if alcohol is involved it sure helps. On a regular day, I can barely look at other people I consider attractive.