• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] The Rare INFJ INFJ Match

catchsouth4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well. First off I must confess I am ENTIRELY new to this thread thing, so if it shows up screwy, give me time. I joined out of curiousity and opinion. My boyfriend and I were recently tested in the Myers-Brigg test and both of us came out INFJ. Obviously we thought that was a conincidence, until we started to look into it and read up on the subject. The "diagnosis" really seemed to explain a lot. However, we were frustrated that when we looked online for compatibility between these two, we were only continually told that the personality type alone is rare and no one seemed to have any experience in two of them functioning together. Off the bat, we both have often commented on our telepathic link, and that other's tease us for having conversations about what to do without speaking. We just both seemed to function. All in all, does any one else have any experience with this? It really always has been a queer relationship, and now we are wondering how much of that might have to do with having such a strange and similar personality. Any input?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ok. First off, welcome to the forums! :D Second, wait.. what? Queer relationship?

catchsouth4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Queer as in strange. Haha. No sexual deviations. Things we can't explain to each other or other people. We just admit its odd and move on, at least until we started reading the descriptions of the INFJ. Now we are just blown away, amazed and a bit overwhelmed all at once. I know I am just so used to being the only one who thinks like me, I never thought to look for him in the same corner.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
haha, just messing. :alttongue:
The problem with the type of relationship your in is that you'd have the same strengths ands weaknesses. You understand each other though you have the inability to help each other. You feel sympathy towards one another and you'd try to support and justify each other. So unless you both can overcome your own problems it'd be hard for you to help him when he has problems.

catchsouth4

MBTI Type
INFJ
I pointed that out to him! That and I know I have the tendency to take on whatever personality fits a situation and he claimed to have that same feeling. I'm afraid we'd just mirror each other until we mirrored nothing. However, so far we haven't come close to disagreements, its like a relationship that floats. Not like heavenly, but more like downstream. It bobs along completely unimpacted by anything above or underneath.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well it would pretty much depend on you. Do you want to keep the relationship? Do you enjoy it? Would you be able overcome your problems?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
...we both have often commented on our telepathic link, and that other's tease us for having conversations about what to do without speaking.

Haha I believe it :laugh: I've never seen two INFJs interact in real life, but I think it'd be interesting.

(And welcome to the forum)

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
If I ever met another INFJ in real life, I would probably have to kill him/her.:dry:

There can only be one.