• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP's - What is your occupation

LEGERdeMAIN

I swing a hammer. jack of all trades, master of one. I sell paintings. I buy, trade, sell special-use wooden furniture. I keep my cost of living down, which is easy in this state, so I don't have to work much. Screw higher expectations.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm self employed doing web development work. My husband (INTP) does all the back end coding and web apps, while I do the design and front end coding.

I couldn't imagine working for someone or having to go into an office everyday.

My enjoyment of the job itself is just mediocre. Not what I want to be doing long term.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've got mediation and crisis hotline counseling training coming up in a few months. I am currently an undergrad, I am majoring in psychology and minoring in criminal justice. Once I get my bachelor's in psychology I'm going to be working as a mediator through college eventually up through my Ph.D. I might still be a mediator, might not. I think I'll just be a psychologist (they get a lot of random work), a clinical one preferred.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Graphic Designer, print design. Just recently became unemployed when the magazine I worked for tanked.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Hawt. >.> <sneaks back out>

G

Ginkgo

I'm in college and looking for a job. For some reason, working a regular part time job seems rather mundane.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm spending my last year of undergrad studying abroad in Japan.

And then...

I do not know.

Ringtone

MBTI Type
INFP
Youth soccer referee.
Thank God this job isn't permanent.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Still studying... Can't wait to start workin'!

ha ha ha...you're joking right? Can't wait to start workin'? Work in fast food or retail for six months and get back to me on that.

Liquid Swordz

MBTI Type
INFP
Unemployed student.

I've decided to become a writer since I've always been good at it naturally, looking to get an English and Technical Writing degree in College.

And after I'm done with that I'm think about maybe going to an Audio Engineering school and Film school. Looking to become a bit of a dabbler.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Software Architect (computer programmer) -- server-side web framework programming, mostly

eternal_learner

MBTI Type
INFP
while waiting for my engineering board exam, i work as a ghostwriter...

(but i often spend more time doing favors for friends while i wait for my board exam than my writing work, really.)

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
retail bitch for 3 years. I'm a sophomore in college, but when I get out I hope I can become a conceptual artist (I drew the picture on my profile page). Don't know what I'm doing in school though, I don't even have a major (but I plan on transferring). I'm clueless.

nzAShadow

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I am part time student, and work part time as a delivery driver.

Other than having to put up with my boss for an average of 10 minutes a day... this dead end job is amazing. Driving around town all day, just listening to music, singing, smoking. Then I have to get out of the car and be polite to someone for 5 seconds, but then I'm quickly back in my car having a blast, and getting paid for it.

Beat that you academics. 25 dollars an hour, all I had to do was get a drivers license. :D

But seriously, I can't really decide on what direction to take my education. Any advice on how y'all decided?