• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP's - What is your occupation

Koocoomoo

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w3?
Estudiante
Going to be a psychologist or a nurse

Meadow

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I work part-time reviewing medical records, writing summaries, and making decisions on disability claims. The part of the job I like is reading about people - traumatic things they've been through or are going through because of/or resulting in some physical or mental problem, etc. The part I don't like is making a decision on whether they should get money or not.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm the Plans Coordinator for the Customer Engineering dept at Seattle City Light (King county, WA electric utility). This means that I'm basically an overpaid admin assistant. But it works for now. I may go back to school for a masters in psychology or....music composition.:doh:(INFP posterboy)

So far I've been:

Piano salesman
Music teacher (drums, some piano)
Tutor (mostly in Latin/Greek, English comp & 'critical thinking')
A temp at various jobs while living in NYC (this was an interesting period, and I grew up a lot; I learned how to take some knocks and keep pushing forward).

Kool Keith

MBTI Type
INFP
I work in a lease-end accounts processing department for a major car company. I stare at a computer all day creating final customer invoices and processing customer checks. It is a number crunching job--not accounting but many people in the department call my team accountants. It's okay, definitely not a long term job for me. It is very solitary and repetitive but I get to wear headphones and listen to podcasts or the Rolling Stones all day.

MrStombles

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm in my first year of college, and if that doesnt work out I'll be a professional vagrant. Some kind of service job would be really cool once/if I finish school though

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sucking majorly at faking an ESFJ facade as a secretary. I'm applying for jobs like mediator and communication consultant these days though and thinking of getting my Masters in Psychology. Atm I hold a Masters in Translation and have been self-employed and worked as a receptionist and assistant at veterinary clinic.

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
Student and tutor. I'm not sure that's typable. I like how much variety there is in this thread so far; wasn't expecting to find a research engineer or real estate agent when I clicked on the link.

I'm the Plans Coordinator for the Customer Engineering dept at Seattle City Light (King county, WA electric utility). This means that I'm basically an overpaid admin assistant. But it works for now. I may go back to school for a masters in psychology or....music composition.:doh:(INFP posterboy)

So far I've been:

Piano salesman
Music teacher (drums, some piano)
Tutor (mostly in Latin/Greek, English comp & 'critical thinking')
A temp at various jobs while living in NYC (this was an interesting period, and I grew up a lot; I learned how to take some knocks and keep pushing forward).

This seems like a pretty awesome job history (minus the hard knocks). Which one was most fulfilling for you?

antireconciler

it's a nuclear device
MBTI Type
Intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so
Electronics technician, working on a EE degree!

wasn't expecting to find a [...] real estate agent when I clicked on the link.

That is actually pretty interesting. I like it!

dukkha

MBTI Type
INFP
Occupation..mmm...started off as a park ranger, then zoo keeper, hotel worker in Japan, Tourism Inbound Operator..lived in Japan for a while, then returned to uni reincarnated as an IT strategist (hated this)...then strategic planner, which was the platform to where I am now.....a learning and development professional....speciality...ontological coaching and leadership...have just enrolled in a psychology degree part time...it's taken 40 years but I'm now really comfortable in my own skin with what I do for a living.

A-I

MBTI Type
INFP
All my real job experience is in sales over the phone. Win-back / customer retention, getting new customers / and now also selling insurances etc. My only real determination for even working for 'the man' at all is because it's been an easy and natural choice for job experience, using my skills and the best way for me to make the income I want for the hours I put in the job.

Notice that I use the word job here, and not career. I can't stress that enough.

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
im just getting out of school and currently dabble in freelance graphic designing of sorts.
planning to be a graphic designer for my brothers company, hopefully selling some artwork on the side. not set in stone yet. at the moment im just a design butterfly haha.

Silverwhisper

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm currently working as a library assistant. Due to my book fetish, I plan to head on to grad school to get my MLS degree and become a librarian. In my downtime, I'll finally get a chance to finish that novel I've been working on.

[YOUTUBE="FWsGvWwUctk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWsGvWwUctk[/YOUTUBE]

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
retail bitch for 3 years. I'm a sophomore in college, but when I get out I hope I can become a conceptual artist (I drew the picture on my profile page). Don't know what I'm doing in school though, I don't even have a major (but I plan on transferring). I'm clueless.
AMAZING drawing! Don't say hope to be, you already are...go for it!

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
computer graphics for prepress

cheers,
Ian

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well I've mostly done dispatching. I'm a coordinator of worker bees who are driving for the company in some capacity, i.e. service, transport, technicians etc. I am expected to be an ESTJ at work.

cfs1992

I'm still a student but I intend to be a history/ philosophy professor any day... :)

Cephalonimbus

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm unemployed... i lost my job due to severe depression. I did graphic design/desktop publishing at an offset printing company.

I'm afraid i'll have to start a new career because the print industry is in a pretty bad place. There are very few applicable jobs left and freelancing is too stressful at the moment.

As soon as i'm mentally stable i'll focus on becoming social worker. But before i get started on that, i'll finish my group therapy and just do odd jobs, doesn't really matter what. Something feels wrong about a social worker who's fucked in the head :thinking:

Curwhibble

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm a paid laboratory assistant in a biological faculty at the university i'm studying at that dabbles in practical conservation work when the contracts that tolerate my lack of experience pop up. On an as and when basis i'm an environmental education officer for primary school children. Plus a few hours a week working on a checkout, because it's the only bit of work with reliable hours each week.

Otherwise i'm just a student. Cheap wage for long hours because the experience is needed.

Talisyn

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9-1
In my downtime, I'll finally get a chance to finish that novel I've been working on.
Me too

I'm still a student but I intend to be a history/ philosophy professor any day... :)

I really considered this

I'm unemployed... i lost my job due to severe depression. I did graphic design/desktop publishing at an offset printing company.

I was afraid of this and dropped out of the graphic design program after my 3rd semester of college

Sooooo.... I'm an Elementary teacher. Summers are the best!