• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs, "you know you're in love when..."

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
There were non-mushy stuff in there? :wubbie:

The first five sentences...

I know exactly what that is like.

And I still get irritable if I think on it too long.

It got to the point where I saw every female as trying to manipulate me in some fashion...purely for their own benefit.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
When you show him your snot dangling from a kleenex and he gives you a look of disgust, then says, "you're angry when you get up!" And you laugh and smile because even when he's a meanie, he's still irresistibly quut!

^__^

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
When you're both scared and certain at the same time.

When he sees through your facade, slowly breaks down your fortress, unlocks your heart, climbs inside, finds the real you who's been there all along waiting to be seen and set free.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
When what's not said and understood outweighs what is.

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
...When you stop analyzing the historical, evolutionary, contingent and subjective nature of romantic 'love' and uncritically embrace it.

sweavo

MBTI Type
INFP
INFPs know they're in love when the person who seemed interested in them finally gives up on them then a couple of months later starts going out with someone else.

stardancer

MBTI Type
ENFP
I know I am in love when the person says "I love you" back and I don't lose interest a few days later

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
when you find yourself going through a checklist of things he may need or want every time you go shopping for anything.

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
Aww, nice thread. :wubbie:

When they bring out the best in you.

When they are always in your future plans.

When you feel like you can be your true self - goofy, lazy, insecure - whatever, you're just you with them.

When their smile makes you melt.

When seeing them sad makes you hurt. (OK, that happens A LOT with us NF's, but y'know...)

When you feel the most safe in their arms.

When you could just cuddle with them forever more.

Eventhough they don't always understand your deep/abstractness, they still try, and that's good enough.

When you're proud of them, and you want to make them proud of you.

When you link almost everything you love to them.

When their scent makes you feel at home.

When they're your best friend as well as your lover.

When nobody else's opinion of them matter.

When other people's opinion of you matters less.

When you look forward to them coming home from work, every day.

When you're two Introverts, but you love being together every day.

OK, I'll stop there. :D

tess2008

MBTI Type
INFJ
- when you are so afraid of losing what you have, because you have the whooole world.

- when you begin to feel things so intensely that you realize you can no longer control your emotions, and deepest happiness or deepest sadness can utterly consume you.

- when secrets become impossible to keep, and you have to share your deepest fears and wants with them, or they eat your insides (the fears, not the person).

- you want to share their burdens.

- you can imagine your life as a grand and beautiful adventure with them, or as a terrible empty wasteland.

- you feel as though all your dreams are going to be fulfilled, and shocked and so grateful that your life is going to be wonderful.

- you could hold them in your arms forever.

- sometimes, especially after fighting or crying together, you'll have a moment where you see them and they are so impossibly beautiful to you that everything slows down, and looks different, and you can't speak it's so overwhelming.

- when their pain or disappointment causes you to feel physical pain sometimes.

- you want your children to look and be just like them, and feel terrible pain at the thought of having children with anyone else, and not wanting to.

- you want to be everything you've ever wanted to be and do everything you've ever wanted to do, with them.

- you can't wait to spend the rest of your life with them, and imagine them growing older and what it'll be like..

lol.. oh dear.. 'pain, pain, fear, pain, fear.' lol :huh::blush:

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
- sometimes, especially after fighting or crying together, you'll have a moment where you see them and they are so impossibly beautiful to you that everything slows down, and looks different, and you can't speak it's so overwhelming.

Love those moments. :wubbie: Like you get one of those moments where you just stop, and think, "God, I really love him/her" and it just hits you with a ton of emotions.

When you just look each other in the eyes, and don't say a thing, but somehow feel so ... connected.

When the thought of losing them really hurts, and scares the sh!t out of you. You hate getting these thoughts, but at the same time can't stop thinking them sometimes, because it's so important.

Having their children would be like always having a part of them. Does that sound psycho? :huh: Not sure I can explain that properly.

The sex is more than just feeling good. It means you can be as close to them as possible.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*leans back in easy chair and thinks about the future*

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...when the person makes me feel stronger.

Also, when they bring home mini-bunny shaped cookies because they think I'll probably think it is a good snack.

S

Sniffles

When nobody else can be such a source of great joy but also a source of great pain at the same time. :cry:

rogue1

MBTI Type
INFJ
When you know without a doubt in both your head and heart.
You see past the ideal to their flaws and love them anyways.
When you know that you will never abandon them...

... when just being in their presence is enough.
... when it's felt physically.
... when it aches.
... when music brings them to mind.
... when you wish you didn't care for them so deeply.
This is 100% me.

Everything reminds you of them. You want the best for them...ie you let them be who they are no matter what.

You try to not think about them and FAIL miserably

When you are comfortable enough to say whatever you're (actually) thinking.

Sigh.....

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
When you tell me that you love me, in front of your parents.

pyramid

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
When you can see the absolute in everything around you, including your partner.

When you realize you have dreamed about this person and events you share together long before you ever knew him/her.

When you accept you may never be able to validate your connection on any plane but would spend a lifetime defending it.

When, for the benevolent, psychosis transcends irrationality.

When you've found the one who thrusts you into harmony with the Earth, Moon, & Sun.

ENFP:
You accommodate for their preferences even when they're not around.
You find the one whose presence takes away your mysterious, "incurable" physical illness.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
You know you're in love when you have a dream that he leaves you, and you can't believe it until he moves out, and you curl within yourself and wait for the pain to stop, but it doesn't. So, you slowly accept that you will never find another man like him, and you feel grateful to have shared your life with him if only for a year. Damn that dream sucked!!!