• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] How to tell your NF, how you earned the money

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I recently described to my INFJ, how a sales conversation sometimes takes place. Namely that you dont tell the customers what the obvious flaws of the product are but rather make them buy it nevertheless.

For that you get extra cash to provide in your families house building efforts.

Tho this is just a hyperthetical example, she was offended by a great deal and hadnt taken any money from me since then.

What to do, what to do ?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
eh...i don't know...that sort of thing makes me cringe too...i see it all the time and yeah...don't like it either....sorry dude. :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL..ohh baby, how do you get yourself into these messes :D

You reassure her that you wouldn't do that to someone you cared about, such as herself. And you give her time and space to figure this out internally. She's struggling with her love for you on the one hand and the obvious infraction on her moral code on the other. Give her the space she needs to bring them together without conflict. Dont respond to it badly and show her affection without expecting any back right away :)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Tell her that's how the world works. Sucks, doesn't it?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Well, you are supposed to do what your customer wants. Maybe they don't want to know about the flaws? You aren't really there as a salesman to convince them to buy it, you are there to make them feel good about buying it. People can buy stuff anywhere they want now, normally. They accepted you as their salesman.

If you are selling stuff that sucks, that's kind of lame, since you could probably sell other stuff that is "good" - and hopefully there are enough products in your store that you could line up ones with different benefits. But when it comes right down to it they want you to sell them something, they don't want you to tell them it sucks. Maybe they don't think it does and you would actually offend them by telling them that what they want isn't any good. :)

I think people who are down on sales don't get how people work or don't sell what they should be selling.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am just curious concerning basic reasoning in NFs (given certain situations of course). On the one hand she is big at talking how to architect the house but on the other hand she got no sense for business.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I hear ya Entropie, I've been on a roll myself lately. Couple days ago I asked my GF, "what percentage of your 'relationship happiness' does this particular issue account for?" :doh:

Anyways, I'd try to get her a card and tell her how much I respect her input, or something like that.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well, you are supposed to do what your customer wants. Maybe they don't want to know about the flaws? You aren't really there as a salesman to convince them to buy it, you are there to make them feel good about buying it. People can buy stuff anywhere they want now, normally. They accepted you as their salesman.

If you are selling stuff that sucks, that's kind of lame, since you could probably sell other stuff that is "good" - and hopefully there are enough products in your store that you could line up ones with different benefits. But when it comes right down to it they want you to sell them something, they don't want you to tell them it sucks. Maybe they don't think it does and you would actually offend them by telling them that what they want isn't any good. :)

I think people who are down on sales don't get how people work or don't sell what they should be selling.

You are right, but that way you wont get rich.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I hear ya Entropie, I've been on a roll myself lately. Couple days ago I asked my GF, "what percentage of your 'relationship happiness' does this particular issue account for?" :doh:

Anyways, I'd try to get her a card and tell her how much I respect her input, or something like that.

Well you have to see it from a Thinker's man position.

that is:

"So you suck at feeling badly and got no sense for morals. What to do what to do... Well at least you can try to provide for a good family and maybe for that they will love you" ?! Right wrong ?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL, Jock. Ahhh, NTs :D

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
You are right, but that way you wont get rich.

I disagree. People have to sell crap to be rich? Even if YOU think it's crap that doesn't mean your customer does. Your service is making the customer happy, not giving them the bestest item in the worlds. You are a salesman, not a manufacturer.

I'm explaining to you how to explain sales to an INFJ.

Incidentally, my brother is a pretty good salesman who is estj or estp and he thinks he is always pulling the wool over people's eyes and selling them stuff they don't need or want. I laugh at him, he is wrong, people buy things they want. Maybe it makes you feel a better salesman to think you are making people buy inferior stuff?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I disagree. People have to sell crap to be rich? Even if YOU think it's crap that doesn't mean your customer does. Your service is making the customer happy, not giving them the bestest item in the worlds. You are a salesman, not a manufacturer.

I'm explaining to you how to explain sales to an INFJ.

But this would be like I would say as a soldier: I just carried out orders. It would be a lie and INFJs dont buy that and I dont to.

Besides I am a manufacturer and a salesman, that is what brought me into the difficult position :).

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Sorry, I added more to that post you just quoted.

You really think you are making and selling inferior product?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Sorry, I added more to that post you just quoted.

You really think you are making and selling inferior product?

So you mean I only have to account for 50% of the blame cause they buy it.

Hmm.. that's a good one !

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
There is no blame.

I had an INFP friend who told me that his uncle signed him up to help sell like 20% credit cards. He talked a few people out of the cards before his uncle took him off the phones. He was so proud of himself.

I told my friend that it wasn't his responsiblity to have people get low rates on credit and that this might be the only credit card that these people could get. Who is he to talk them out of their choice to get the card? You can explain about the interest rate but people might have actually got off the phone feeling like an idiot. How is that a better thing that just giving them what they want? They probably just got the card somewhere else where someone wouldn't explain how the card works.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
No that's good stuff. Even gives room for my favourite song :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvDxwydFUZg"].[/YOUTUBE]

And besides that I really need to change type to estp. The entp lie is long over :D

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Oh, if you think you are making and selling inferior product that is not really great, you need to deal with that. But the people buying it might actually LIKE the product.

People like to and enjoy buying crap all the time. Why would your product be any different?

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
LOL..ohh baby, how do you get yourself into these messes :D

You reassure her that you wouldn't do that to someone you cared about, such as herself. And you give her time and space to figure this out internally. She's struggling with her love for you on the one hand and the obvious infraction on her moral code on the other. Give her the space she needs to bring them together without conflict. Dont respond to it badly and show her affection without expecting any back right away :)

Oh wow.

I think this is perfect advice.

I have nothing to add, except that I hope everything works out. :yes: :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Weird way of trieing to score with the girls, but you get a boner from me :D