• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Where are the ENFJ threads?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I've noticed over the time I've been here that there are very few ENFJs or threads started by them. I mean, Pink and Protean are around, but I can't really think offhand of other ENFJs who post regularly and even those two are not ubiquitous around the NF section. Have all those threads just played themselves out? Are the ENFJs just out in the world busy doing things?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFJ is an exceptionally rare type, and unfortunately we don't have that many on the forum here.

INFJ is rarer than ENFJ, but INFJs are much more likely to get their social interactions from a place where they can hide behind a computer screen.

Most ENFJs are out there fighting for the cause in the real world.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Online, you are more likely to find them on a social networking site than a discussion forum. It's just more their style I guess.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
ENFJ is an exceptionally rare type, and unfortunately we don't have that many on the forum here.

INFJ is rarer than ENFJ, but INFJs are much more likely to get their social interactions from a place where they can hide behind a computer screen.

Just how rare are ENFJs? Is there a stat?

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ

Well we are quoted as being about 2% of the population but I've yet to meet another ENFJ in real life except one guy I know. Other than that I'm it. I've got several ENFP INFP and INFJ friends and relations but no other ENFJ besides the guy previously mentioned.

Usehername

On a mission
L4 used to post a lot; she just stopped in yesterday for the first time in months. (Lookin4thebestinu)

I also started a thread a while back that I learned a lot from. http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/747-enfj-talk-about-yourself.html

Edit: hahaha. Just started re-reading and was reminded of the only commonality we found for the first while: ENFJs don't like to talk about themselves, and when they do, they're afraid of making any statements that might cause one to categorize that as an "ENFJ trait". :dry: :wubbie:

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
ENFJs don't like to talk about themselves

I've noticed this. And one ENFJ friend of mine, actually told me he doesn't like to dominate a conversation and enjoys talking about the other person. Also, he's an AWESOME mannerism/people reader. He reads people like an open book! I lived with him for less than 3 weeks, and he's got me all figured out basically. At least my most prominent personality traits, but also some less obvious ones. Creeps me out, but it's fascinating. I never notice people that way unless I make a conscious effort to. Even then I'm wrong sometimes, especially when it comes to reading feelings and motivations. Are mad people-reading skills common for ENFJs?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Not exactly, but here are some rough statistics I once found, from rarest to most common. This was based on a sample of 1,000 people, so there's obviously some margin of error, but this should give you a general idea.

overall population distribution

16) ISTJ 12.5%
15) ISFJ 11.5%
14) ESFJ 11%
13) ESTJ 10%
12) ISFP 7.5%
11) ENFP 7%
10) ESFP 6.5%
9) - 5%
8) ESTP/ISTP 5%
7) INFP 4.5%
6) INTP 4%
5) - 3.5%
4) - 3.5%
3) ENTP/ENTJ/ENFJ 3.5%
2) INTJ 3%
1) INFJ 2%

SJs 45%
SPs 24%
NFs 17%
NTs 14%

Introverted/Extraverted 51%/49%
Sensing/iNtuitive 70%/30%
Feeling/Thinking 55%/45%
Judging/Perceiving 57%/43%

females

16) ISFJ 17.5%
15) ESFJ 14.5%
14) ENFP 9%
13) ISTJ 8.5%
12) ISFP 8%
11) ESFP 7.5%
10) ESTJ 7%
9) INFP 6.5%
8) ENFJ 4.5%
7) - 3%
6) ESTP/ENTP 3%
5) - 2.5%
4) - 2.5%
3) INFJ/ISTP/ENTJ 2.5%
2) - 2%
1) INTP/INTJ 2%

SJs 47%
NFs 22.5%
SPs 21%
NTs 9.5%

Introverted/Extraverted 50%/50%
Sensing/iNtuitive 73%/27%
Feeling/Thinking 71%/29%

males

16) ISTJ 16.5%
15) ESTJ 11%
14) ISTP 7.5%
13) ISFJ 7%
12) - 6.5%
11) - 6.5%
10) ENFP/ISFP/ESFJ 6.5%
9) ESTP 6%
8) - 5.5%
7) INTP/ENTP 5.5%
6) ESFP 5%
5) ENTJ 4.5%
4) - 4%
3) INFP/INTJ 4%
2) ENFJ 2.5%
1) INFJ 1.5%

SJs 41%
SPs 25%
NTs 19.5%
NFs 14.5%

Introverted/Extraverted 53%/47%
Sensing/iNtuitive 68%/32%
Thinking/Feeling 61%/39%
Judging/Perceiving 55%/45%

Especially interesting is the covariance. While J is more common than P by about 55/45, N is apparently very biased toward P, because NJ is, counterintuitively, significantly less common than NP.

Also, and this may just be a function of small sample size, it's interesting to note that, for some reason, ESFP is a little less common than ENFP, despite S being significantly more common than N (by about 2:1 or so.)

Also ISTP women are randomly just really uncommon compared to other similar types (except INTP being tied with INTJ for rarest among females.) I suspect that this has something to do with Ti dominance in women being such a rarity, but why is this?

Does our society discourage women from Ti dominance?

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Thanks simulatedworld for the sample. ENTPs...always coming to the rescue for all my statistical needs.

I would say it doesn't encourage it, rather than discourages it.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm with LLNF. I know of one or two other ENFJs. Taco, Brian and a female co-worker friend of my mother's who I'm not close to. In contrast, IRL I'm swimming in INFJs, both male and female. Dunno why that is.

I can imagine that the males might test ENTJ if they aren't comfortable with their feelings (and most seem to be ill at ease with it). I'm pretty ill at ease with mine and I'm a girl, so the boys may be underground.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
females

16) ISFJ 17.5%
15) ESFJ 14.5%
14) ENFP 9%
13) ISTJ 8.5%
12) ISFP 8%
11) ESFP 7.5%
10) ESTJ 7%
9) INFP 6.5%
8) ENFJ 4.5%
7) - 3%
6) ESTP/ENTP 3%
5) - 2.5%
4) - 2.5%
3) INFJ/ISTP/ENTJ 2.5%
2) - 2%
1) INTP/INTJ 2%

SJs 47%
NFs 22.5%
SPs 21%
NTs 9.5%

Introverted/Extraverted 50%/50%
Sensing/iNtuitive 73%/27%
Feeling/Thinking 71%/29%

males

16) ISTJ 16.5%
15) ESTJ 11%
14) ISTP 7.5%
13) ISFJ 7%
12) - 6.5%
11) - 6.5%
10) ENFP/ISFP/ESFJ 6.5%
9) ESTP 6%
8) - 5.5%
7) INTP/ENTP 5.5%
6) ESFP 5%
5) ENTJ 4.5%
4) - 4%
3) INFP/INTJ 4%
2) ENFJ 2.5%
1) INFJ 1.5%

SJs 41%
SPs 25%
NTs 19.5%
NFs 14.5%

Introverted/Extraverted 53%/47%
Sensing/iNtuitive 68%/32%
Thinking/Feeling 61%/39%
Judging/Perceiving 55%/45%

Especially interesting is the covariance. While J is more common than P by about 55/45, N is apparently very biased toward P, because NJ is, counterintuitively, significantly less common than NP.

Also, and this may just be a function of small sample size, it's interesting to note that, for some reason, ESFP is a little less common than ENFP, despite S being significantly more common than N (by about 2:1 or so.)

Also ISTP women are randomly just really uncommon compared to other similar types (except INTP being tied with INTJ for rarest among females.) I suspect that this has something to do with Ti dominance in women being such a rarity, but why is this?

as usual, i think it has something to do with evolution. families/children perhaps thrived better or were more likely to survive with mothers who were more attuned to their needs (F), while men needed to think more to hunt and farm food for survival, not needing to tune into people so much. this ties in to the thread based on NT females (i believe) overall not really having as strong a desire to be mothers (or reproduce i believe was the wording).

plus your primary function is in place by aroung the age of 10. with public school and more gender equality, i don't see that Ti would be squelched in girls that much anymore, even if in the recent past it might have been.

as for enfjs, i know about an equal number as infj irl. maybe slightly more enfj, if you factor in improper testing: one woman i know tested infj, but i know her to be isfj.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know at least 4 ENFJs IRL. However, they seem to spread themselves around a lot, not really concentrated anywhere, and so I imagine it's the same online (and why I suggested they might prefer social networking to message boards). I notice an ENFJ will pop up here and post a bit and then disappear. Too many other places & people to see, probably.

Tangent:
I'm always surprised at the percentage of INFPs in population stats...I thought we were largely useless in the real world, but we seem to increase with every sample. You'd think our supposedly high suicide rates would take care of that :tongue:

Agnosco311

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
I've noticed over the time I've been here that there are very few ENFJs or threads started by them. I mean, Pink and Protean are around, but I can't really think offhand of other ENFJs who post regularly and even those two are not ubiquitous around the NF section. Have all those threads just played themselves out? Are the ENFJs just out in the world busy doing things?

Maybe they're too busy living their lives and solving problems than conversing and complaining like most of us... haha jk... most ENFJs I know are very driven and have to be building people and having a powerful effect on the lives of others... I think something like this message board would fascinate them initially but they'd get bored for the lack of a face-to-face and would need something to do.

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I read the forums almost everyday at least once. I just don't feel compelled to post all of the time. The threads I usually always try to respond to are the question ones directed at ENFJs.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I read the forums almost everyday at least once. I just don't feel compelled to post all of the time. The threads I usually always try to respond to are the question ones directed at ENFJs.

Thus, why Trains doesn't post more.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I know at least 4 ENFJs IRL. However, they seem to spread themselves around a lot, not really concentrated anywhere, and so I imagine it's the same online (and why I suggested they might prefer social networking to message boards). I notice an ENFJ will pop up here and post a bit and then disappear. Too many other places & people to see, probably.

Tangent:
I'm always surprised at the percentage of INFPs in population stats...I thought we were largely useless in the real world, but we seem to increase with every sample. You'd think our supposedly high suicide rates would take care of that :tongue:

I've noticed this too. I'm feeling a little less rare these days *sighs*.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Currently ENFJ man is at Meijer's picking out a new goldfish with the little guy. And a much smaller container of food this time, I hope. We had the funeral this morning.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear me! :( I've known the treacheries of fish ownership!

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
It seems to me like ENFJs are often misunderstood (actuallyl EXXJs generally) and it seems like a pity that there isn't more dialogue between them and the other types. However, as I have no bone to pick and my experience base with them is limited (1 or 2 IRL, very few online), I haven't started anything. Maybe this needs to change...