• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] I think I've developed a complex

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's right. Talk about weird wanting to be weirder.

I...would like to be an NT, an ENTP to be more specific.

Why? They're clever, not apparently burdened by a conscience, and, quite frankly, appear to have all the fun. And, they're clever.

:shock:

I've also developed this paranoia that I'm really an ISFP - some ridiculous air headed art girl who desperately wishes to be unique but is really just ridiculous.

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Ah! You're probably a type 4 on the enneagram, which is the most common for INFPs. (Type 9s like me are the next-most-common for INFPs, and I had to compare the two very closely to be sure.) Your dominant "wing" (neighboring influence) appears to be type 3 rather than type 5.

If enneagram theory is correct, your feelings are perfectly normal for someone with your particular unconscious emotional response to the forgetting of self that happens with living. If it helps, here are the personal growth recommendations for my best guesses of your main type and your dominant wing.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thanks for the response (links!). I checked out the links.
I'm curious how you came to the conclusion that I'm a 4w3, as I've tested as a 4w5 (not that I know half as much about enneagram as I do mbti). Now, I'm not beyond the possibility that I know myself so little that I could mess up a test's results, but it's a rather disappointing and disturbing possibility. So, why a 4w3?

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I was working with limited information. I think that the preoccupation with how you're perceived by others is more stereotypically 3-ish. (The first part, thinking that other types are having all the fun, is 4-ish.) However, you have both wings -- it's just that one is dominant -- so the second part could be an expression of your weaker wing. I was just playing the odds. ;)

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Good points, could the idea of wanting to be ENTP because they are "clever" also speak to a 5 wing because 5s seek competency?

briochick: who you are becoming is more important than who you are, which is transient and only for today if you choose it to be. If you want to be clever, be clever. If you want to have fun, have fun. :)

pyramid

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I think it can be a compensatory notion -- I almost *married* an ENTP :doh:
he was "clever" all right, at convincing me to marry him and then having an identity crisis and banishing me from his life.

shudder

NOTE: Not hating on ENTPs of course, just the ENFP-ENTP combo

I think we just wanted to be each other instead. Don't get me wrong I think we really helped one another get through a lot of things quickly and in a short period of time, but after a real evaluation T over F in my life (I used to not really have any grasp of which I used more or better), as much as I love logic and thinking, I am a Feeler at the core.

xNFPs can be nerdy and artistic like T or S

you are always the best judge and maybe you are in transition to a new type. I have tested outright as 3 other types in the last 6ish years, and only the last year or so did it finally all come together for me. ^_^

read about ALL the functions. brush up on or find new sources for the confusing aspects. take your time. :)

I'm sorry if this didn't really go anywhere, it was supposed to be helpful in its own way, not just irrelevant stories