• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] INFP Functions

hakuna

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I was just curious as to how many of you value Socionics functions in comparison to MBTI functions. For instance I test as an INFP on both tests, yet Socionics says that my major functions are Ni and Fe. For MBTI it says that an INFP's major functions are Fi Ne.

Which set of functions do you other INFPs feel describes the type better?

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
N/A. I have enough on my plate with attempting to place enneagrams, Meyers-Briggs, cognitive processes and Jungian complexes into a coherent metasystem. I won't even consider tackling a fifth system at this time.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not sure I know what is being asked here. Socionics INFP= MBTI INFJ just so you know. MBTI INFP: FiNeSiTe MBTI INFJ: NiFe[Se?][Ti?]

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sigh... MBTI and socionics are SEPARATE!

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Sigh... MBTI and socionics are SEPARATE!

I'm getting the feeling that you've said this like 3000 times now or something...

Are you in school now? It's still kinda weird not being in the school schedule [ie I have a real job and have for a few years now], but going out and about and seeing all these people who are. Kinda makes me wish I was too... :wubbie:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm getting the feeling that you've said this like 3000 times now or something...

Are you in school now? It's still kinda weird not being in the school schedule [ie I have a real job and have for a few years now], but going out and about and seeing all these people who are. Kinda makes me wish I was too... :wubbie:

Yeah I am. No school on weekends. :D And yes I've said that a million bajillion times.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah I am. No school on weekends. :D And yes I've said that a million bajillion times.

so your in college now right? being as you put up HS graduation pics. what are you studying? are you willing to say where your going to school? are you being the ladies man and hence defying all the male INFP stereotypes??? we are counting on you...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so your in college now right? being as you put up HS graduation pics. what are you studying? are you willing to say where your going to school? are you being the ladies man and hence defying all the male INFP stereotypes??? we are counting on you...

Well right now I'm just doing the basic stuff, I'm taking history, a study skills class, an introductory computers class (3 easy credit hours for me), psychology and english. I'm going to school at some community college (it wouldn't be worth mentioning since this is a small area) but after a year or so I'm considering transferring to - or -. And I'm a psychology major, I plan on being a mediator or a counselor of some sort, just basically clinical psychology. And as for the women, ha, I just basically go in school and out of school, I don't really do any activities within the school. But when I live on campus in a year or so I will. I pretty much am trying to initiate contact with every female that seems "right" to talk to, someone "my type", but most people are dating it seems or I just haven't met the single people (I've only been going for ~3 weeks).

But... there is a girl I've been chasing. And she's your favorite type! INTJ! :tongue:

Also don't quote this. I'm probably going to remove the college names (I was just telling you since you're curious and not some online stalker hah). Actually I just did, I'll just PM you if you're curious.

Derails FTW.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not sure I know what is being asked here. Socionics INFP= MBTI INFJ just so you know.

No.

I was just curious as to how many of you value Socionics functions in comparison to MBTI functions. For instance I test as an INFP on both tests, yet Socionics says that my major functions are Ni and Fe. For MBTI it says that an INFP's major functions are Fi Ne.

In Socionics the types, the functions, the dichotomies, everything is defined differently. Two different systems.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
What BlackCat and The Outsider said. :yes:

matilda

Type-wise, I'd say INFp > INFP.

Functions-wise, Ni (Socionics) more so than Ne (MBTI).

Fi (MBTI) > Fe (Socionics).

I'm not sure how that works out.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Socionics functions do the better job and make more sense to me. It's like comparing Linux to Windows: it goes further in depth--there's more potential for the system in that there are groups online seriously discussing it over, constantly building on itself, etc.